Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
So how wildly underwhelmed are you? Or has being a Bills fan for this long pretty much lowered your expectations to the point you're just numb to it?
Yeah, pretty numb. Coordinator hires have been far from inspiring.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Yeah, pretty numb. Coordinator hires have been far from inspiring.
DC fired by the Jets and really probably didn't have much say there, and an OC from college whose only pro experience is 4 years as a "quality control" coach...whatever it is they do.

One of these years, maybe after Ralph Wilson dies, the Bills need to make a splash. No more dicking around with underwhelming hires.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-on-wednesday/

Speaking of underwhelming...
Old 01-09-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chudzinkski is thought as a young bright offensive mind I thought? Why underwhelming?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Chudzinkski is thought as a young bright offensive mind I thought? Why underwhelming?
Panthers offensively took a big step back this year. Even last year, his scheme was "copy what Newton did well in college." It's little wonder why he faded out as the season went on and teams started figuring him out.

And his two years with the Browns were very similar. One "good" year with Derek Anderson, then a disappointing year that ended in him getting fired.

I don't think he'd make my top 10 list of offensive coordinators to consider as head coaches.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams are also on lookout for a DC. Gregg Williams will not be back even if he is reinstated by the league. Fish just fired his kid -Blake?- and said that he wants to have a full time DC this year.

I'm kinda hoping that Dave McGinnis gets the gig. He knows Fish's 'D' to a "Tee" and would bring continuity to a defense that is on the upswing.

Of course Fish has a history with the Ryan family so there is that to consider. Just can't see him hiring a guy who specializes in the 3 - 4 defense though.....
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Panthers offensively took a big step back this year. Even last year, his scheme was "copy what Newton did well in college." It's little wonder why he faded out as the season went on and teams started figuring him out.

And his two years with the Browns were very similar. One "good" year with Derek Anderson, then a disappointing year that ended in him getting fired.

I don't think he'd make my top 10 list of offensive coordinators to consider as head coaches.
Newton improved as the year went on. I seriously don't know enough about the Panthers offense this year but everyone always says he's a good up and comer. I don't think I would categorize it as underwhelming.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Panthers fans can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but my impression was that Chud tried to scale back the option aspects of the offense to protect Cam, and toward the end of the season added them back in (which is consequently when he started playing well again).

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers finally hire new GM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations...telesco-new-gm

Tom Telesco, now we can finally get a head coach.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Chargers finally hire new GM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations...telesco-new-gm

Tom Telesco, now we can finally get a head coach.
Assholes. Even when SD does something I like (like fire AJ Smith) they manage to piss me off. Telesco should be a good hire for them. Dammit. You dicks are probably gonna take Bruce Arians too.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can any Texans fans give a run down of Rick Dennison?

He's interviewing Friday for Chicago. Obviously that offense has a lot of Kubiak in it but Kubiak has gone to bat for him saying he's absolutely ready for a HC gig. He sounds like the most promising candidate on our humungous list since he's been calling plays for more than one year. And for a damn good offense at that.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DC fired by the Jets and really probably didn't have much say there, and an OC from college whose only pro experience is 4 years as a "quality control" coach...whatever it is they do.

One of these years, maybe after Ralph Wilson dies, the Bills need to make a splash. No more dicking around with underwhelming hires.
Pettine didn't have say in NY? What??? That's a great hire for the Bills. Hackett was a ****** one.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Pettine didn't have say in NY? What??? That's a great hire for the Bills. Hackett was a ****** one.
It was Rex Ryan's defense first and foremost.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was Rex Ryan's defense first and foremost.
And Ryan and Pettine did not get along at the end apparently. Supposedly Pettine was the leak going to the media with every Jet in house issue.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pettine I am happy with. He wasn't fired, he rejected an extension. I like the hire. OC, not so much.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like Pettine. He won't be Rex Ryan, but he'll bring the same scheme. And who wouldn't want to leave the Jets? That organization is a nightmare.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Pettine but I'm pretty happy he's gone. All indications are that he was leaking every story to the media as Jughead pointed out. It's Rex's D anyways.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Pettine is a solid hire, he along with Ryan were able to muster a pretty solid defense without much to work with besides Wilkerson, Cro, and Landry.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope we don't do something dumb like let Byrd walk and sign Landry or switch to a 3-4.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I just hope we don't do something dumb like let Byrd walk and sign Landry or switch to a 3-4.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

My phone just destroyed this thread. Apologies, all.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing that's gonna hurt Buffalo is that their offense was built to be successful in Gailey's system. They ran a lot of run n shoot concepts, and it was actually a pretty good offense, they just needed a quarterback.

I'm curious to see how the talent on offense looks in a different system. I think Stevie Johnson greatly benefited from the WR rules Chan used.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills look exciting with Hackett and Pettine under Marrone.

Who cares about what happened inside Jets organization. Media has dominated anywhere in NY/NJ. Pettine gets fresh start and will be in fully charge of defense for "first time".

Hackett's offense is fun to watch and won't be as boring as his dad was. First timer in NFL as OC is a concern but hell, it is a good start for cheap method.

Unless he gets ratted too much, Fitzgerald could work in that offense.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The thing that's gonna hurt Buffalo is that their offense was built to be successful in Gailey's system. They ran a lot of run n shoot concepts, and it was actually a pretty good offense, they just needed a quarterback.

I'm curious to see how the talent on offense looks in a different system. I think Stevie Johnson greatly benefited from the WR rules Chan used.
Seeing how the incoming regime treats Stevie in the offense will be something to watch. He can do some dirty things whilst in man coverage, but you have to give him a lot of read time to see exactly what he is going to do. He had freedom, which could be both a good and a bad thing. I never really minded it with our coaching and personnel opposite him.

Another receiver and a quarterback have already been identified as the two biggest needs on the offense. If those are acted on (assuming one will surely be), then I don't really see our offense as being too closely tied to Gailey's ideas. They may have helped Stevie, especially in popularized matchups against the likes of Revis, but he is still a baller. Without adding a high talent, which is not easy, I can see trouble. But Stevie does impress me a lot.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Quote:
The Chiefs are not considering Brad Childress for offensive coordinator, but are expected to hire him as an offensive assistant.

Cleveland's offensive coordinator last season, Childress spent seven years as an Andy Reid assistant in Philadelphia, including three as coordinator. "Chilly" will likely be one of many former Reid confidants brought on in Kansas City.