Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 11-21-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 12: Packers at Lions (+6)

I joined Coach Madden for a debate on the monster game Thursday.
What side are you on?

http://packersinsider.com/?p=3794
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:40 AM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this will be a close game. Lions D line will hopefully help the not-so-great secondary to hamper Rodgers a little bit. If Kevin Smith has another good game I think the Lions can make this a long day for Green Bay. With that being said I think the Packers still win 35-28.
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:04 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Lions can beat the Packers. 10 wins in a row, teams seem to unravel for no good reason around now. Detroit put the 'seed of doubt' into Green Bay by beating them last year. If they can play well early, then they have a good chance to upset them. 90% of the game is half mental.

As far as matchups go...well its decently favorable for Detroit as well. Stafford struggled early last week, but then threw 5 straight touchdowns. Kevin Smith magically looks like Forte or Fred Jackson for a week. We have the weapons to match Green Bay on the scoreboard. The entire game for us depends on our Dline manhandling the greatly improved Packers oline. Ford Field and decades of frustration may be the deciding factor. Its a couple hundred bucks for nosebleed seats and the stadium will be insane. I'm expected Chicago Bears-like false starts.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I think the Lions can beat the Packers. 10 wins in a row, teams seem to unravel for no good reason around now. Detroit put the 'seed of doubt' into Green Bay by beating them last year. If they can play well early, then they have a good chance to upset them. 90% of the game is half mental.

As far as matchups go...well its decently favorable for Detroit as well. Stafford struggled early last week, but then threw 5 straight touchdowns. Kevin Smith magically looks like Forte or Fred Jackson for a week. We have the weapons to match Green Bay on the scoreboard. The entire game for us depends on our Dline manhandling the greatly improved Packers oline. Ford Field and decades of frustration may be the deciding factor. Its a couple hundred bucks for nosebleed seats and the stadium will be insane. I'm expected Chicago Bears-like false starts.
LOL at the 90%-half part.
Our O-line is NOT improved... Wells is. But Sitton has had a bad year. Bulaga at RT is hurt, playing at about 75%, which is bad against Avril.
And on the left side, LG TJ Lang (from Eastern Michigan) is in his first year as a starter, and of course LT, Pro-Bowler Chad Clifton is out and the backup LT Marshall Newhouse has had plenty of downs.

We will have plenty of false starts, and your DL will get the quick jump many times. We need to run some draws, screens, and anything to keep your DL from pinning their ears back like maniacs!

Did you read my analysis on why you guys will win? www,PackersInsider.com
Old 11-22-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulaga has been great all year long and I expect it to continue on thursday. For some reason, the interior of the ling(Lang, Wells, Sitton) have been regressing the last few weeks. They started out doing very well but have been shaky since the Chargers game. They'll need to step it up, especially Sitton who will be going against Suh quite often

I'm not worried about what Smith did last week or the Lions run game at all...same goes with Detroit not really worrying about GB's run game. It will come down to both teams aerial attacks and whoever can create the most turnovers. I like the Packers odds in both those categories

This is a huge game for the Lions and they might have been looking ahead vs Carolina, which explained the Panthers jumping up on Detroit early on. They'll be ready to go and the Packers need to respond.

I'll go with something like

Pack - 38
Lions - 27

Crosby hits FG with about 2 to go to put the game out of reach. A win by GB here likely wraps up the division, and I'm sure the players realize this. Hope they bring their A game
Old 11-23-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great matchup. Lions D is playing well despite the gifting of points by turnovers and special teams. Lions can keep up offensively and if they play smart(only 1 turnover or 2 if it's while driving and not short fields for GB, solid special teams coverage) they'll win this game.

Rodgers hasn't scored on the Lions in the last 4 Quarters, Packers haven't scored in 6Quarters. Rodgers is playing phenomenal but he's stoppable rushing 4 well and having 7 solid players in the back.

Going to be a great game. 27 Lions 20 Pack
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Lions defensive line will put in a performance for the ages. Rodgers will have his worst game of the season, by far, and will throw multiple interceptions.

Lions 37, Packers 13
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions 30, Packers 27

The key will be the Lions holding the Packers to field goals as much as possible. Green Bay will assemble scoring drives regardless.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Smith and Scheffler are bailing Stafford out right now. Can't leave opportunities on the field though, I hate punting.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-24-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I can't believe they found a different way to be an embarrassment this year. Suh, penalties, false hope, etc.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-24-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Kevin Smith went down, I knew we lost. Once Suh got ejected, I knew it would be a blow-out.

Last edited by BRAVEHEART : 11-24-2011 at 02:51 PM.
BRAVEHEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll still get to 9-7 this year with wins against the Vikings and the Raiders. We MIGHT get to 10-6 if we also beat the Chargers.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I think we can still beat the Saints and Chargers, but it all comes down to how they show up to play. They have to stay focused and stop making mental mistakes.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-24-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suh is a dumbfucker. I want him traded.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't, and he's far from dumb.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I don't, and he's far from dumb.
How is Suh not dumb? He makes so many idiotic and costly mistakes it's beyond absurd and beyond accidental.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
How is Suh not dumb? He makes so many idiotic and costly mistakes it's beyond absurd and beyond accidental.
Besides for kicking at an opponent, what?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Besides for kicking at an opponent, what?
Countless personal fouls for late hits. All of the numerous fines. All of the dumb penalties he commits to extend drives (there's a lot of them this season). All of the things he does that TV replays show but refs miss and he gets away with. And basically every word out of his mouth in interviews where he plays dumb about his style of play.

He's hurting the team with idiotic plays he takes too far on a game to game basis now. And the league is highly aware of it and will continue to nail him for it.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Suh is a dumbfucker. I want him traded.
You made me spit out my drink of beer dammit
Old 11-25-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
You made me spit out my drink of beer dammit
You should avert your eyes from all of my 30,000+ posts then.