Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 11-22-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack203 View Post
I think Arizona and Jacksonsville will be interested in a QB too. I could see Jax taking someone like Tannehill in the 2nd round. If Blaine Gabbert is still playing poorly by week 5 or 6 being benched.
no way will either Arizona or Jacksonville be interested in a QB early on...they both invested high picks in the position this past off-season and any front office is too proud to admit they were wrong after just 16 games

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy1 View Post
Tannehill is a better receiver than he is QB.
Are you saying this because he projects better at WR or he is not an NFL QB?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Are you saying this because he projects better at WR or he is not an NFL QB?
I am posting just purely on watching him play at the collegiate level. I don't think he has what it takes to be an NFL QB but has the potential to be a Kevin Walters type at receiver.
Spaceboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a lot depends on two things:

-the draft order
-which underclassmen declare.

If Luck, Barkley, Jones, Griffin, and Tannehill are all a part of this draft class we could see 5 QBs in round one. There will be at least 4 in that scenario.

Indy I think takes Luck as a given. They will have the top pick, Luck will declare, no one will meet the asking price in a trade for the pick, and the Colts are willing to take him without question.

I don't think Denver will be picking in the top ten. That means they probably don't get a shot at one of the top QBs. I think they build that defense this year and either go with Tebow in the meantime or try to bring in a guy like Flynn or Hoying or they take a QB to develop in the 2nd/3rd round. I think they could stand having Tebow and Brady Quinn for another season.

If a top QB falls to Miami, Seattle, Washington, or Cleveland I don't think they pass them up. I think Jones, Griffin, and Barkley if he declares ends up on one of those teams. They should all be picking in the top 10 or top 12, and they all need a franchise QB, and only one at best can sign Matt Flynn.

I don't think the Chiefs take a QB considering the money they have tied into Cassel and the fact that Cassel has played well for them in past seasons and when he was healthy. I don't think Pioli is gonna give up on him so quickly.

Arizona is interesting b/c they put so much stock into Kolb. Kolb has been crap this year though and if they say that Kolb is not the answer and they made a mistake, and if they have a QB available that they absolutely love, it could be an interesting decision to be made whether to ditch Kolb. I doubt it happens, but it will be controversial either way if they take a QB or if they pass on one that ends up being a star.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post

I don't think the Chiefs take a QB considering the money they have tied into Cassel and the fact that Cassel has played well for them in past seasons and when he was healthy. I don't think Pioli is gonna give up on him so quickly.
Next year will be his fourth year in KC and he hasn't proven anything except he can beat bad defenses. And there is little money tied to him anymore. He was paid the bulk of his contract already.

The Matt Cassel era in KC needs to end. It was okay while it lasted, but we're not going anywhere with him.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Next year will be his fourth year in KC and he hasn't proven anything except he can beat bad defenses. And there is little money tied to him anymore. He was paid the bulk of his contract already.

The Matt Cassel era in KC needs to end. It was okay while it lasted, but we're not going anywhere with him.
Which is why I think he will be back because he would get the same money to be a back up anywhere else. 5m a year

Even if they draft a QB in rd 1 you would still see Cassell as the starting QB, I think he would be a good mentor for a young QB since he learned from Brady, BB and Weiss.
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
no way will either Arizona or Jacksonville be interested in a QB early on...they both invested high picks in the position this past off-season and any front office is too proud to admit they were wrong after just 16 games
We'll see. 16 games is an eternity in the NFL. Kolb and Gabbert will start 2012, but if they stink come November, don't be surprised if they get pulled.

Last edited by Jack203 : 11-22-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Jack203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not all 5 of the top QB prospects will declare, but I expect the draft to be exciting with so many potential QB needy teams. Also Tannehill is a legit late 1st/early 2nd option for the team(s) that miss out of the 1st round guys. Here is how I rank them...

1 Andrew Luck QB Stanford*
2 Matt Barkley QB USC*
3 Robert Griffin III QB Baylor*
4 Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas*
5 Landry Jones QB Oklahoma*
6 Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:19 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Barkley should stay because though he got better over the season there were games where he looked less than a future nfl qb.

Another year of seasoning I think would do him wonders.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 AM    (permalink
SF Dolphin Fan
Rookie

SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If any team meets the asking price for Andrew Luck it could be the Dolphins. They have an owner that wants to make a big splash and bring fans back to the stadium. I don't see the Dolphins sticking with Matt Moore, although he could be a "bridge" starter much like Alex Smith is to Colin Kaepernick in San Francisco. If Miami can't trade up, Landry Jones or Ryan Tannehill are first round possibilities. I expect Tannehill to go much higher than expected much like Christian Ponder did a year ago.
SF Dolphin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

stl705 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Phins give up 2 1st rd,3rd round and next years 4th n 6th for #1, 5th rd, 7th rd and next years 5th?
New stadium... new franchise qb... phins fans need another qb after the stache of marino.. I would like to see management finally pony up n gets him... its clear the fans want him.. wouldn't surprise me if they hold for rg3.

I think luck will go number one and barkley is picked shortly after (3-6 range)... RG3 probably round 11 or so and the a group of players: keenum, Wilson, tannehill, Jones (in that order is my prediction at this moment... I could see Wilson staying and goin for a top pick next yr... luck and barkley are good as gone. Last sc game sealed it.

Personally im not sold on landry, he just doesn't seem to have the it factor or takeover a game or take control his team. I culd b wrong but well see.

Last edited by stl705 : 11-27-2011 at 07:12 PM.
stl705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl705 View Post
Phins give up 2 1st rd,3rd round and next years 4th n 6th for #1, 5th rd, 7th rd and next years 5th?
New stadium... new franchise qb... phins fans need another qb after the stache of marino.. I would like to see management finally pony up n gets him... its clear the fans want him.. wouldn't surprise me if they hold for rg3.

I think luck will go number one and barkley is picked shortly after (3-6 range)... RG3 probably round 11 or so and the a group of players: keenum, Wilson, tannehill, Jones (in that order is my prediction at this moment... I could see Wilson staying and goin for a top pick next yr... luck and barkley are good as gone. Last sc game sealed it.

Personally im not sold on landry, he just doesn't seem to have the it factor or takeover a game or take control his team. I culd b wrong but well see.
Keenum 4th QB taken?
Spaceboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

stl705 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think if one of wilson or tannehill stays keenum might be 4th or 5th. I think he will be drafted mid to late 2nd rd... Jones is my bust prediction. I could b wrong, he just hasn't caught my eye like barkley, luck, griffin.

Keenum is my personal 5th fav qb prospect.. ahead of tannehill and Jones.

Last edited by stl705 : 11-27-2011 at 10:43 PM.
stl705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
He can't go through his progressions. He locks onto one receiver and stares them down. He has average (at best) arm strength. He has horrible pocket awareness. He doesn't keep his feet moving. He's bad. One more year wouldn't do any good to anyone, especially when we're likely to have a top 5 pick and can grab a franchise guy right there.
Well, you may not like what you see but I suspect KC will go with him next year. With a healthy Charles, he brought home 10 wins a year ago and the team around him should be a lot better next year. I see no way KC commits to a rookie QB at this stage.
You are just going to have to suck it up for at least another year.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl705 View Post

The trouble with assessing Jones is that his HC has a history of folding in big games, when he has to face an equally talented team that actually has a good HC. Sometimes, the failure of a HC eventually becomes the character of his team, something like Rivers is feeling in San Diego.
I need to see Jones in the post season when Stoops isn't involved so I can get a better read on his talent level. He may actually be a better pro than a collegian when he lands with a solid NFL HC.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

I'm not a Keenum lover. His mechanics won't cut it at the next level. He is simply a product of his HC's offensive system and I suspect he won't have much of a pro career.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I think Barkley should stay because though he got better over the season there were games where he looked less than a future nfl qb.

Another year of seasoning I think would do him wonders.
He may stay because he is from a well off family but that would only indicate to me and many GM's, that he may not have the mental toughness to be a franchise QB but prefers the easy life on campus a la Matt Leinart.
Right now, he is going #2 in the draft and if he is serious about pro ball, he'll declare for this year's draft.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The trouble with assessing Jones is that his HC has a history of folding in big games, when he has to face an equally talented team that actually has a good HC. Sometimes, the failure of a HC eventually becomes the character of his team, something like Rivers is feeling in San Diego.
I need to see Jones in the post season when Stoops isn't involved so I can get a better read on his talent level. He may actually be a better pro than a collegian when he lands with a solid NFL HC.
Draft him with a solid team to be the backup for a few years, bring him along slowly coaching him up and I think he could do real well in the NFL.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:27 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Cassel also has a large guarantee of something like $5 million this offseason. The Chiefs could very easily cut him before paying that.
Especially if they can re-sign Orton. They have Stanzi in house. Where his progress sits is an open question. I could easily see the Chiefs taking the best QB on their board in round 1. I can also see them waiting til day 3 for someone like Weedon or Cousins.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Jack Del Rio is almost guaranteed to be fired at the end of this season. After watching how terrible Blaine Gabbert has been this season (maybe as bad as Jimmy Clausen last year), a new coach may be tempted to pick a QB high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Jack Del Rio is almost guaranteed to be fired at the end of this season. After watching how terrible Blaine Gabbert has been this season (maybe as bad as Jimmy Clausen last year), a new coach may be tempted to pick a QB high.
Agreed that JDR is going to be fired.

Agreed that Blaine has been terrible - although to be fair it's not all his fault. He has terrible coaching, an atrocious supporting cast, no off-season and he wasn't even supposed to start this year but Garrard and McCown dropped the ball so to speak. Nobody is talking bad about Locker and Kaepernick right now.

As for the new coach, he's not going to be making the picks. GM Gene has full control over the draft now. The Jags could still definitely look at a QB though. Gene has always claimed to be a BAP purist and those around the team say it's true, so we'll see.

On a historical note, in 2003, when GM Gene was the director of college scouting and Shack Harris was GM, the Jags took Byron Leftwich. In 2004, Ben Roethlisberger was the top player on their board, but Byron was Shack's guy and Shack wanted to give him all the weapons he could so they took Reggie Williams instead. History repeating itself?
Old 11-28-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Draft him with a solid team to be the backup for a few years, bring him along slowly coaching him up and I think he could do real well in the NFL.
He is likely going pretty high in round 1 and will have to start no later than the 8th game of his rookie year, probably a lot earlier, so you can forget him sitting behind somebody for a few years, just isn't going to happen.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlinger View Post
As for the new coach, he's not going to be making the picks. GM Gene has full control over the draft now. The Jags could still definitely look at a QB though. Gene has always claimed to be a BAP purist and those around the team say it's true, so we'll see.

On a historical note, in 2003, when GM Gene was the director of college scouting and Shack Harris was GM, the Jags took Byron Leftwich. In 2004, Ben Roethlisberger was the top player on their board, but Byron was Shack's guy and Shack wanted to give him all the weapons he could so they took Reggie Williams instead. History repeating itself?
I wouldn't be so sure Gene Smith will be coming back. In his three seasons, he has gone 7-9, 8-8, and now probably 5-10, maybe 6-10 this year. His picks have been nothing to write home about.

2009:Eugene Monroe, Eben Britton have been okay. Terrance Knighton has been good. Derek Cox has been inconsistent, Mike Thomas has been okay, and nothing else of substance came from that draft.
2010: Tyson Alualu has been good but was over-drafted. Nobody else from that draft has made an impact.
2011: Blaine Gabbert has been terrible. Rackley has been pretty good. Nobody else has done anything.

I'm not positive he'll be gone. But he is not the genius that many Jacksonville fans make him out to be (and as a Jacksonville I hear this a lot). He has yet to draft a single impact player. He has drafted two good defensive tackles and three mediocre offensive linemen in three seasons and has not signed any impact free agents. If Wayne Weaver decides to get rid of Del Rio, he might as well get rid of Gene Smith too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I wouldn't be so sure Gene Smith will be coming back. In his three seasons, he has gone 7-9, 8-8, and now probably 5-10, maybe 6-10 this year. His picks have been nothing to write home about.

2009:Eugene Monroe, Eben Britton have been okay. Terrance Knighton has been good. Derek Cox has been inconsistent, Mike Thomas has been okay, and nothing else of substance came from that draft.
2010: Tyson Alualu has been good but was over-drafted. Nobody else from that draft has made an impact.
2011: Blaine Gabbert has been terrible. Rackley has been pretty good. Nobody else has done anything.

I'm not positive he'll be gone. But he is not the genius that many Jacksonville fans make him out to be (and as a Jacksonville I hear this a lot). He has yet to draft a single impact player. He has drafted two good defensive tackles and three mediocre offensive linemen in three seasons and has not signed any impact free agents. If Wayne Weaver decides to get rid of Del Rio, he might as well get rid of Gene Smith too.
Looks like he is staying and Gabbert's will have another shot....If he was axed I would think the new people would/could draft another QB...I dont think Gabbert will ever be good in the NFL. No poise, No Pocket Awareness, you can read his body language, and not that accurate
Old 12-02-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

Another vet QB that can and will affect the draft other than Matt Flynn is Josh Johnson.

OT - not a QB but I think everyone has that gut feeling will leave Philly in FA....Where he signs can change the first round and you can add WR to go with LB and OT to first round possibilities. Reggie Wayne should also be available as well

Any ideas where he can go ???

Not a Patriot player and Gene Smith will not sign him in Jax, cross out the Jets and St Louis for teams that need a WR as well....Washington ? Minnesota ? Chicago ? Tampa Bay ?