Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-23-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
RCSooner
Rookie

RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ronnell Lewis, DE/OLB, Oklahoma

What do you all think of this guy? So far, he has 1.5 sacks and 4 tackles for loss on the year. Do you think he's a first-round 3-4 OLB prospect? He's known for his tenacious hitting ability at OU...hence his nickname "The Hammer". If I'd compare him to an NFL player, I'd say he's like James Harrison of the Steelers.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:38 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSooner View Post
If I'd compare him to an NFL player, I'd say he's like James Harrison of the Steelers.
Why, is he 5'9'' or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Why, is he 5'9'' or something?
Nah, more because he's that smaller type of Pass Rush LB, who just absolutely lays the wood.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
RCSooner
Rookie

RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Hammer had 3 tackles for loss and 2 sacks against Texas. He also forced a fumble. He really steps up his play in big games.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSooner View Post
The Hammer had 3 tackles for loss and 2 sacks against Texas. He also forced a fumble. He really steps up his play in big games.
He's a really good player, and he's just that type of player that you have to love, just plays his @$$ off every snap and just looks to destroy people. He just doesn't have that natural pass rush ability you want in a 34 OLB. He looks like he could be a REALLY good 34 ILB or 43 SLB.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I never really see him making plays for the Sooners when I watch. Mel Kiper has him in his top 25 and claims he'd be a great fit as a 3-4 OLB, but he has never really stood out to me and I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Honestly I never really see him making plays for the Sooners when I watch. Mel Kiper has him in his top 25 and claims he'd be a great fit as a 3-4 OLB, but he has never really stood out to me and I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what.
Hmm have you watched him play this season? Last year he was just breaking into the rotation. Right now he has 32 tackles, 7 TFLs, 3.5 sacks, 3 pass break ups, 3 QBHs, and 1 FF.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
Hmm have you watched him play this season? Last year he was just breaking into the rotation. Right now he has 32 tackles, 7 TFLs, 3.5 sacks, 3 pass break ups, 3 QBHs, and 1 FF.
I've watched a few Oklahoma games this year - the Florida St. game and some of the Missouri and Texas games. I read that he made some plays in the second half of the Texas game, but I stopped paying much attention once the game was out of hand in the mid-second quarter, so I guess I must have missed the garbage-time pressure he was creating.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I've watched a few Oklahoma games this year - the Florida St. game and some of the Missouri and Texas games. I read that he made some plays in the second half of the Texas game, but I stopped paying much attention once the game was out of hand in the mid-second quarter, so I guess I must have missed the garbage-time pressure he was creating.
OU's front kicked FSU's butt too. Did you watch that game? Abused Datko and Sanders all night. Lewis is also tremendous on special teams in case you missed that. Or, doesn't that count?
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
RCSooner
Rookie

Here's his game film against Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNyYUNe4WHM
Old 10-14-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some nice hustle plays but nothing overly special.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
RCSooner
Rookie

Didn't Clay Matthews have just 3 sacks at USC his senior year? Ronnell may not look impressive on the statsheet, but he's a great athlete with a lot of potential. Most importantly, he steps up his play in big ball games.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
RCSooner
Rookie

Ronnell continues to impress...2.5 tackles for loss and a sack in a losing effort. He has been a bright spot on an abysmal OU defense.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
RCSooner
Rookie

Ronnell had 9 tackles, 2 tackles for loss and an interception today. He only has 5.5 sacks on the year, but that's because defensive end isn't his natural position. He's got to be the second best 3-4 OLB prospect behind Courtney Upshaw of Alabama.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:18 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Lewis quite a bit and think he could crack the first round, but I actually think Frank Alexander could be the better pro

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
RCSooner
Rookie

OU is utilizing Lewis like USC did with Clay Matthews in '08. He's a hybrid DE/LB with great intangibles. Frank Alexander on paper looks like the better pro prospect, but Lewis' athleticism and tackling ability is what makes him a better player. It wouldn't surprise me if both went somewhere in the late first round.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Who does he compare to in the NFL?
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
RCSooner
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Who does he compare to in the NFL?
I think Tamba Hali or Clay Matthews are decent comparisons. Lewis will end up being a better pro player than a college player.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I like him best as a thumping 3-4 ILB. I don't see him as a real natural edge rusher but he's athletic, can play sideline to sideline, looks comfortable in space and of course he can come downhill and hit. I really think he could thrive at that spot.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really going off limited information here; but he has pretty good movement skills. Guys who can rush the passer as well as potentially play in space are always put at a premium in the NFL draft, even if they haven't had all world college careers. I defiantly need to personally take a more in depth look at him before committing to anything about draft position and stuff though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I think I like him best as a thumping 3-4 ILB. I don't see him as a real natural edge rusher but he's athletic, can play sideline to sideline, looks comfortable in space and of course he can come downhill and hit. I really think he could thrive at that spot.
I keep saying that, and getting shot down.

And LOL at Hali and Matthews. Not even close.

I'd say maybe similar to a James Harrison because of the ability in space, being a smaller guy as a pass rusher, and just those HARD hits, but i dont think he's near the pass rusher Harrison is.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
RCSooner
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
I keep saying that, and getting shot down.

And LOL at Hali and Matthews. Not even close.

I'd say maybe similar to a James Harrison because of the ability in space, being a smaller guy as a pass rusher, and just those HARD hits, but i dont think he's near the pass rusher Harrison is.
You may be right, he needs to work on breaking off blocks like the swim move. He's a talented player though with a lot of upside.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:51 AM    (permalink
HorusKing
Rookie

HorusKing hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This kid can play and will be a perfect fit in a 3-4 OLB the patriots need to really look at him seriously they have no pass rush from the OLB position.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
RCSooner
Rookie

Right now, Lewis is injured with a sprain knee but he'll still be a first round pick and blow up at the combine. You watch.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's being terribly misused at Oklahoma. They're having him play read and react DE in a 3-man front. He's a pass rusher who needs to play in space. I think he's going to blow up the combine and be a very good NFL LB.