Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Palko. We already knew Brodie Croyle sucked.. most of us just assumed Palko sucked but we hadn't seen it yet.

Now we know they both suck! And I swear to god if I hear "I MEAN, PALKO WAS THE REASON FLACCO TRANSFERRED!!11!1111" one more time I'm going to snap. Flacco transferred because the Pitt coaching staff was ********, not because Palko was the better QB.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I guess I need to talk about the Giants or Patriots in order to make these things last a little longer, eh? ;)
You need a little more Aaron Rodgers

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what Drew Wily is up to?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Palko. We already knew Brodie Croyle sucked.. most of us just assumed Palko sucked but we hadn't seen it yet.

Now we know they both suck! And I swear to god if I hear "I MEAN, PALKO WAS THE REASON FLACCO TRANSFERRED!!11!1111" one more time I'm going to snap. Flacco transferred because the Pitt coaching staff was ********, not because Palko was the better QB.
Did you know that Palko was at Pitt at the same time as Flacco, and was the reason he transferred? Palko must be pretty good since Flacco turned out good.

And he was on the practice squad in Pittsburgh and New Orleans! He probably learned so much in those places. He has to be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
You need a little more Aaron Rodgers
I already mentioned Tebow. Only so much I handle....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Someone bring back Colt Brennan while we're at it. Or no, **** that, Timmy Chang.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He actually looked decent in the preseason with the Jets this year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Woodson and Rhett Bomar laugh at this thread.

Speaking of Bomar what happened to him? I really thought he was going to turn into something and then we traded for Rosencopter so the team didn't need to keep developing since we had what we thought was a dependable vet.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 11-28-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
No. You had McElroy. Jets QBs are apparently required to have pea shooter arms.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

Speaking of Bomar what happened to him? I really thought he was going to turn into something and then we traded for Rosencopter so the team didn't need to keep developing since we had what we thought was a dependable vet.
I'm too lazy and close to the end of my shift to check but I think he got another DUI or something. I believe he's out of football.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
5.) Hot Seat Watch
- Andy Reid - I still maintain that he'll resign. If he doesn't, the Eagles should fire him. He's had a good run, but sometimes you have to take a step back before you can take two forward. The team may need to be blown up as well. It's sad because talent is there, but it's a dysfunctional mess.Take your chances with someone else, because Andy Reid with this group isn't going to win you a Superbowl.
I just want to piggy-back off this...

**** Andy Reid!!! You mean to tell me yesterday, when we were down 21-10 in the first half, with the ball in the redzone he does not run the ball not 1 time with Shady, but insists on passing 3 downs in a row to only get a FG out of the drive. If we would have scored on a run play that would have put us within 4 to keep us in the game. C'MON MAN!!! Dude is so fired after the season and he just don't know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I really like that guy and it's not just because I had a lot of fun at UB while he and James Starks made that team respectable. Moves well, is a competitor, isn't an idiot and doesn't panic whenever something goes bad.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No. You had McElroy. Jets QBs are apparently required to have pea shooter arms.
Haha McElroy's arm is by far the worst in the NFL.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-28-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I ******* do! Straight up Vidae, would you rather have Palko right now or have brought Brodie Croyle back?
I would love for someone to bring Brodie Croyle back. I'd like to how many starts it takes until he gets his first win. I actually thought he was going to be a decent player in the NFL. But it's hard to feel bad for the guy, he has a hot wife with big boobs so he is doing pretty well in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And who else has been recently? Goldson threw a punch a couple weeks ago. Seymour threw a punch last year.
And those guys haven't ripped the heads off of QBs and haven't met with the commissioner.

Who has been worse at any point in the last decade? No one. Maybe Rodney Harrison in the early part. Maybe Haynesworth because his worst incident was particularly bad.

Suh is easily the dirtiest player going right now relative to the rest of the league and if the NFL wants to be consistent in it's efforts at player safety, they need to make an example of him.

You understand of course that Suh initiated the meeting with the commissioner. The fact doesn't support your argument.

Joey Harrington....cringe worthy.

I remember this brief time when him, Kevin Jones, Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Mike Williams, and Ernie Sims, Shaun Cody, Teddy Lehman, Daniel Bullocks and some others were all supposed to be the ****.

They just ended up being really ******.

If there was any doubt of your complete lack of objectivity towards Suh and the Lions, this made it blatantly obvious.

Everyone knows that what Suh did is juvenile and dangerous, and he'll be reprimanded for it accordingly. Suspend for the rest of the season? Not so much. That's just a Bear fan talking nonsense about a division rival.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Haha McElroy's arm is by far the worst in the NFL.
There are a few that could challenge him I think, but once this man hits an NFL roster, he's hands down the weakest:

err....no wait. That was last decade.

There we go.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm too lazy and close to the end of my shift to check but I think he got another DUI or something. I believe he's out of football.
Yea he got a 3rd degree DUI back in august.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man you hate Tebow so much its funny.I dunno why you keep up at it like this. I mean his WINNING it is all that matters in the league and for a QB. His numbers are improving 9/14 just under 190 yards. With more and more playing time he will get better and be a franchise QB in Denver ( next Elway) His throwing motion should not matter it doesn't seem to as he played so much better then Rivers did on Sunday. So stop the hate and believe in Tebow!
Old 11-28-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I would love for someone to bring Brodie Croyle back. I'd like to how many starts it takes until he gets his first win. I actually thought he was going to be a decent player in the NFL. But it's hard to feel bad for the guy, he has a hot wife with big boobs so he is doing pretty well in life.
I thought he was gonna be good too. Another guy I wanted on the Raiders, his wife is mighty fine though.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-28-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Man you hate Tebow so much its funny.I dunno why you keep up at it like this. I mean his WINNING it is all that matters in the league and for a QB. His numbers are improving 9/14 just under 190 yards. With more and more playing time he will get better and be a franchise QB in Denver ( next Elway) His throwing motion should not matter it doesn't seem to as he played so much better then Rivers did on Sunday. So stop the hate and believe in Tebow!
I most certainty will not. Crusades will have to be launched against me before I've ever considering doing such a thing.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-28-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
There are a few that could challenge him I think, but once this man hits an NFL roster, he's hands down the weakest:

err....no wait. That was last decade.

There we go.
I concur. No need to debate that one.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-28-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Actually he was 9/18 for 143. But his first half is what most of us have a problem with. The first four drives resulted in a punt. He didn't complete his first pass until 26 minutes into the game. Rewind to last week. They had five drives start in New York territory. They got three points out of it.

Look, I'm cheering for Tebow. I hope he does well. But he isn't hard to beat. His teams are absolutely terrible in the first half. They are so bad that even Indianapolis would have a half time lead on them. When they actually face a good offense (not the AFC West and the Jets), they will get killed because they will fall behind 21-3 at half time and that is a lead that can't be overcome even with Tebow Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can certainly find guys to run the offense better than teams have been. Like I've said, .500 is all I'd ask for out of a backup QB on a playoff caliber team. As long as the starter can come back eventually, a .500 performance out of the backup would usually be enough to keep the team afloat.
I think you're overvaluing these proven commodities. Older and experienced doesn't always mean you're better. Most of those guys just plain suck.
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

People want to keep saying, "Yea he doesn't get big stats but he doesn't turn the ball over" Well he's not picking up 1st downs either so its not like he's doing much anyways. He's not giving the ball away via turnover but they've had to punt a great deal.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bad on the numbers . And you are right on first half numbers. I'm sure in time he will get better and get a more feel for the game as he gets more and more reps just look how his passes are already improving with some real game time.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the 2 game suspension on Suh was fair. It really doesn't make a difference for reputation when something like that happens. Personally, I think Jim Schwartz is encouraging that kind of stuff on the Lions as a whole and not just Suh.