Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-03-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both #5 and #6 go down today and Ok St destroys Oklahoma...lets see what the final BCS standing will look like tomorrow.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
i hope the ducks gang rape oregon. i ******* hate bielema.
You mean Wisconsin?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Love the Badgers but they are going to get killed by Oregon.
They better be ready to play some option football. They certainly were against Nebraska, but TCU ran a ton of it in last years game and Wisconsin wasn't able to deal with it(even though looking back now it doesn't look bad statistically).

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Love the Badgers but they are going to get killed by Oregon.
No, they're not. I personally think the Badgers are going to pummel the Ducks. I'll take elite power over elite finesse almost every time.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
No, they're not. I personally think the Badgers are going to pummel the Ducks. I'll take elite power over elite finesse almost every time.
History disagrees with you almost every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Wisconsin off to the Rose, Michigan lined up for a weak sauce BCS opponent like K State, and the overall depth of the SEC way, WAY down this year, I suspect this will be a monster bowl season for the Big Ten. In fact, I'll call them winning the Commissioners' Cup.
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the voters decide to put Ok St. in instead of Bama. I want Bama to play Stanford even though the game will not be competitive at all I want to see it.If that is possible.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
History disagrees with you almost every time.
Oh yeah, then why do the Ducks lose EVERY time they play an elite out-of-conference opponent? Boise State twice, Ohio State, Auburn, LSU. Those teams don't let the Ducks control the tempo of the game.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
They better be ready to play some option football. They certainly were against Nebraska, but TCU ran a ton of it in last years game and Wisconsin wasn't able to deal with it(even though looking back now it doesn't look bad statistically).
Oregon has too much speed. They struggled with the Spartans speed tonight. This year's offense is better than the one that played TCU so if they may be able to score some points. I just don't see how this defense can stop the Ducks.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
If the voters decide to put Ok St. in instead of Bama. I want Bama to play Stanford even though the game will not be competitive at all I want to see it.If that is possible.
That game would be a wet dream for a diehard draftnick.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

Quote:
Oregon has too much speed. They struggled with the Spartans speed tonight. This year's offense is better than the one that played TCU so if they may be able to score some points. I just don't see how this defense can stop the Ducks.
It's called penetration and gap discipline. I think the Ducks' undersized O line will have big trouble.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oregon will win the rose b/c wisconsin's defense is not that great. i'm quite aware of oregon's weakness against real front sevens, but i think it's clear that it will be a high scoring game and oregon will just score more. wisconsin's biggest assett is that they can play ball control and eat up a lot of clock against a duck team who loves to play hurry up offense the entire game and will have a miniscule T.O.P.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Teams stumble, sometimes against crappy opponents.

UF lost ole miss in 2008.
Lsu lost to Kentucky and Arkansas in 2007.

The list goes on. Picking a #2 this season is strictly an opinion. The selection process is flawed. We need a playoff. Barring that give me a more interesting matchup than a rematch of teams that played terrible offense previously this year (that ugliness wasn't all defense).

So somehow they shouldn't play because it's not as exciting as a Boise St vs Oregon matchup? Picking a #2 team might me an opinion but yours are terrible. You act like it's a myth that Bama and LSU plays great defense. It's pretty obvious of your SEC bias since your team is a Big 10 school so it's understandable, but your gonna have to do better then "well they didn't score enough points the last time they played".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This debate happens every year with Oregon. They will likely lose but they certainly won't stomp Wisconsin.

Strong lines win games For the most part. The Oregon bandwagon is hilarious. They suck in big games against ooc teams because of line play and disciplined defense.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
oregon will win the rose b/c wisconsin's defense is not that great. i'm quite aware of oregon's weakness against real front sevens, but i think it's clear that it will be a high scoring game and oregon will just score more. wisconsin's biggest assett is that they can play ball control and eat up a lot of clock against a duck team who loves to play hurry up offense the entire game and will have a miniscule T.O.P.
Wisconsin's D was 7th in the nation entering the game tonight.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was impressed with Worthy tonight. Showed well against a very good Badger offensive line.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So somehow they shouldn't play because it's not as exciting as a Boise St vs Oregon matchup? Picking a #2 team might me an opinion but yours are terrible. You act like it's a myth that Bama and LSU plays great defense. It's pretty obvious of your SEC bias since your team is a Big 10 school so it's understandable, but your gonna have to do better then "well they didn't score enough points the last time they played".
No idea why you are being a raging dickhead thats making personal attacks for no reason whatsoever.

I'll try to type real slow so you can keep up.

Without a clear one vs two the bcs is a beauty contest. And it's almost never clear cut. It's an opinion based "championship". Like gymnastics. It's uber lame. Until there is a playoff, and there are no clear cut teams, please don't give me a rematch.

It's about quality of wins vs quality of losses vs style points. Ie 100 different people will have a 100 different ways of coming up with an answer.

Under such a flawed system there is no such thing as fair or correct. And in that case give me a new matchup.

Fwiw I think bama is better than okie state due to fantastic defense and a great running game. I never stated otherwise. I wouldn't cry if there was rematch but this is exhibition football not a championship.

In conclusion I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening drinking zima out of your commemorative Garret Gilbert sippy cup.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES! I love Mike Gundy. "People gotta decide whether they want a 39-36 game or a 9-6 game." I love it!!!!! Unfortunatlely tho, I think that Bama still gets it. I just hate that a non-conference champion will be in there. With that being said, my BCS expectations....

The Ship.....LSU vs. Alabama
Orange.......Clemson vs. West Virginia
Sugar.........Michigan vs. TCU
Fiesta.........Oklahoma State vs. Stanford
Rose..........Oregon vs. Wisconsin
Old 12-03-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

Quote:
I was impressed with Worthy tonight. Showed well against a very good Badger offensive line.
Watch him tonight, the first game against Wisconsin and the Ohio St. game, and you would think he was a top 10 lock.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that is inconsistent in the "gotta win your conference" argument, while also pining for a playoff in the same breath (which happens a lot)... Is that there isn't a playoff scenario in any sport where you're also required to win your conference.

Furthermore, winning your conference as part of playing in the BCS championship game wasn't a rule when the season started and everyone was playing under the same rules... so you can't suddenly change them now.

Nobody in the country would be a conference champion if they had to play in LSU's conference.

Hell, Bama won the SEC West in basketball last year and got left out of the tourney....

As for Gundy's comments about a 39-36 game.... I'll bet him anything he wants that they can't score more than 17 points against LSU or Bama...
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
YES! I love Mike Gundy. "People gotta decide whether they want a 39-36 game or a 9-6 game." I love it!!!!! Unfortunatlely tho, I think that Bama still gets it. I just hate that a non-conference champion will be in there. With that being said, my BCS expectations....

The Ship.....LSU vs. Alabama
Orange.......Clemson vs. West Virginia
Sugar.........Michigan vs. TCU
Fiesta.........Oklahoma State vs. Stanford
Rose..........Oregon vs. Wisconsin
You are probably right with these. Much better than last years games.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.

I'd like to see OSU vs LSU. just because WVU with the same offense and worse players did put up yards on LSU. It would be an interesting matchup.

The fair thing to do would be to give LSU the crown and let Bama and OSU play for second place. I hate rematches and I like giving other conferences a chance to crash the party. Give OSU a shot.

edit: Oregon to beat Wisconscin handily. Oregon have been troubled generally by teams with more talent as have all teams in history. They have more talent than Wisconscin and they generally truck teams with less talent who can't beat them up front. That should be the hallmark of good teams. Kicking the **** out of less talented teams.

Last edited by Dagagad : 12-03-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Dagagad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BCS is stupid for their conference limit

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing I don't really get, I know u can disregard this statement prolly easily, but not usually in this sport. But what if Bama beats LSU? Then technically those two are 1-1. In a world series tied 1-1, would we just say the game 2 winner is the champion. Or do u go to soccer and go to away points or something? I just don't really get if every game is important which is the argument for the BCS, why is this game in January more important than in November.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
yeah, but he's a 1000x better than Craig James.
Well yeah but that's because James killed five hookers.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote