Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-04-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There's nothing desperate about this: Alabama has beaten one good team. One.

They've beaten 3 FBS teams with winning records. OK State has beaten 7. They've proven so much more than Alabama.
"Good" based on what standard? "Good" is just an opinion. Here's a fact: Oklahoma State lost to unranked Iowa State.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
"Good" based on what standard? "Good" is just an opinion. Here's a fact: Oklahoma State lost to unranked Iowa State.
They lost in double OT to a conference foe a few days after their women's basketball staff was killed in a plane crash. They have played a MUCH tougher schedule and that is FACTUAL. Would you like for me to hunt down the computer rankings of their S.O.S or will the multiple reports of 'Bama's cupcake schedule (leading to ratings in the high 30s to low 40s in strength of schedule) be sufficient?

Alabama proved themselves all right. The Kent State's and Georgia Southern's are quaking in their boots.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? It's just an opinion? So the fact that Alabama has beaten 3 FBS teams with winning records is an opinion? Maybe Ole Miss actually is a good team, but we've all been tricked into thinking otherwise?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Yep. But it looks like Bama will get in.
I dunno. There were a lot of peripheral things that helped out Ok State, like Va Tech losing. The computers love Ok State.

Also, this:

Quote:
CBS's shameless and disingenuous cheerleading for Alabama ultimately will prove to have done more harm to the Tide than help. If the SEC's network home had done nothing, it's likely it wouldn't have caused enough voters to have such a revulsion to reject an LSU-Alabama rematch. Whereas Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson definitely made the difference in Florida's favor in 2006, the opposite might be true in this case.
CBS and ESPN are unabashedly coming out in support of Alabama, and I think that's going to turn off (already is) a lot of voters.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

My guesses are the following:

-OK State gets the #2 spot
-Michigan gets into the top #14
-TCU won't get into the top #16

National Championship: LSU vs. Oklahoma State
Rose Bowl- Oregon vs. Wisconsin
Orange Bowl- Clemson vs. West Virginia
Sugar Bowl- Alabama vs. Stanford
Fiesta Bowl- Michigan vs. Kansas State

Not sure if Fiesta would take K-State over Boise State, but since there is a Big 12 tie-in, I think that breaks it.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? It's just an opinion? So the fact that Alabama has beaten 3 FBS teams with winning records is an opinion? Maybe Ole Miss actually is a good team, but we've all been tricked into thinking otherwise?
Again, stop trying to use the bottom of the SEC as an argument against the two best teams playing in the BCS Title Game. Alabama is better than Oklahoma State, and you know it. I don't care if Louisiana-Lafayette and Tulsa finished with winning records. That doesn't make them impressive wins and it doesn't make them better than Alabama.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My guesses are the following:

-OK State gets the #2 spot
-Michigan gets into the top #14
-TCU won't get into the top #16

National Championship: LSU vs. Oklahoma State
Rose Bowl- Oregon vs. Wisconsin
Orange Bowl- Clemson vs. West Virginia
Sugar Bowl- Alabama vs. Stanford
Fiesta Bowl- Michigan vs. Kansas State

Not sure if Fiesta would take K-State over Boise State, but since there is a Big 12 tie-in, I think that breaks it.
That sounds about right since Boise didn't win their conference which means they can't make a BCS bowl.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Again, stop trying to use the bottom of the SEC as an argument against the two best teams playing in the BCS Title Game. Alabama is better than Oklahoma State, and you know it. I don't care if Louisiana-Lafayette and Tulsa finished with winning records. That doesn't make them impressive wins and it doesn't make them better than Alabama.
I'm using the argument that Alabama's entire schedule is weak, not one game, 10 out of their 11 wins were easy. Your argument is "Alabama is better because I say it is."

And no, I honestly think Ok State deserves to make the title game much more than Alabama.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
That sounds about right since Boise didn't win their conference which means they can't make a BCS bowl.
Well they CAN, but they would have to be picked at-large.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I tried logically arguing with him as well. It's pointless so I just added him to my ignore list. I'm an LSU fan and enjoy SEC football just as any SEC fan but Oklahoma State deserves to be in the game vs LSU over Alabama.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-04-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm using the argument that Alabama's entire schedule is weak, not one game, 10 out of their 11 wins were easy.
Oh, please. It's easy to talk about how easy Alabama's schedule is. I bet it isn't so easy on the field. Then again, Alabama made it look easy, because they're that good. They didn't lose to an unranked team or barely squeak by 6-6 Texas A&M.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

"Oh boo hoo! I don't like his college football arguments, so I'm putting him on my ignore list!."

lol.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
"Oh boo hoo! I don't like his college football arguments, so I'm putting him on my ignore list!."

lol.
You keep flipping and flopping on your arguments. Alabama had their chance at home. They didn't get it done. Biggest argument you can make against them. Who cares who else they beat? They didn't beat the #1 team in the comfy confines of their own home. That right there is enough for me not to want a re-match. You have another team in Oklahoma State with arguably a better resume that lost in double OT on the road one day following a university tragedy. Put them in. At least they won their conference.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-04-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bottom line for me is Bama had LSU at home and lost. Even if I call OSU & Bama s.o.s a wash, I already saw that a Bama/LSU match up & Bama lost. I want to see something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Coaches poll helps OK State, but probably not enough. They'll have to win the Harris poll now to have a chance.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Here's my final top 25.

1) LSU
2) Oklahoma State
3) Alabama
4) Stanford
5) USC
6) Oregon
7) Wisconsin
8) Boise State
9) Kansas State
10) Arkansas
11) Michigan
12) South Carolina
13) Oklahoma
14) Baylor
15) Michigan State
16) Georgia
17) TCU
18) Nebraska
19) Houston
20) Clemson
21) Virginia Tech
22) Penn State
23) Southern Mississsippi
24) West Virginia
25) Notre Dame

Old 12-04-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I guess SEC homers will need a new argument since Ok State played some very good defense against a much better QB than either of LSU's. Wonder which carries more weight: conference champions over a top 10 ranked team or a team who couldn't win not only their conference but their division?

Ok State's S.O.S will increase and they add another quality win. Not understanding the epic love for LSU's defense currrently... did you watch the Georgia game? Even you won't try to argue that Georgia's offense is anywhere close to Ok State... It should of been 21-0 if not for horrible dropsies.

Why play the 'what-if' game? 'If' Alabama makes one of those field goals against LSU we're not even having this conversation...
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I tried logically arguing with him as well. It's pointless so I just added him to my ignore list. I'm an LSU fan and enjoy SEC football just as any SEC fan but Oklahoma State deserves to be in the game vs LSU over Alabama.

I'm sure you don't want to play Alabama again... I wouldn't either if I were an LSU fan.

All these morons clamoring for an Oklahoma St. vs. LSU national championship are the same ones that will turn the channel when LSU is blowing out Okie Light after the 1st quarter...
Old 12-04-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Why play the 'what-if' game? 'If' Alabama makes one of those field goals against LSU we're not even having this conversation...
yes we are, because lsu would just be in the same position as alabama
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
I'm sure you don't want to play Alabama again... I wouldn't either if I were an LSU fan.

All these morons clamoring for an Oklahoma St. vs. LSU national championship are the same ones that will turn the channel when LSU is blowing out Okie Light after the 1st quarter...
And all that are clamoring for Alabama are rewarding a team that didn't win their division or conference. Why even appoint conference champions if it won't matter who wins or loses the conference if they're sent to the national championship anyway?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-04-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
And all that are clamoring for Alabama are rewarding a team that didn't win their division or conference. Why even appoint conference champions if it won't matter who wins or loses the conference if they're sent to the national championship anyway?

Winning your conference has nothing to do with matching up #1 vs. #2 in the BCS. Those weren't the rules when the season started, therefore you can't suddenly change them now.

Oklahoma St. won their conference, but they're not playing in a conference championship game.... the Big-12 doesn't have enough teams in it to play a conference championship game.

I doubt you'd be saying the same thing if LSU had lost to Georgia yesterday.

LSU deserved to play in the title game no matter what the result was in the SEC championship game.

You'd be chanting for an Oklahoma St. vs. Wisconsin national title game if LSU had lost to UGA?

There's not a playoff scenario in any sport where you're required to win your conference, the BCS should be no different.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's not a playoff scenario in any sport where you're required to win your conference, the BCS should be no different.
Why should you argue that the 2nd or 3rd best team in a conference deserves a chance to play to be the BEST team in the country. It just makes no sense, if you want to play for it all...win your conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Why should you argue that the 2nd or 3rd best team in a conference deserves a chance to play to be the BEST team in the country. It just makes no sense, if you want to play for it all...win your conference.
Because this season, the two best teams in college football happen to play in the same conference.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post

It doesn't work like that in any sport. Which is why you have wild card teams winning superbowls in the NFL, wild card teams winning world series titles in MLB, teams who didn't win their conference playing for a chance to be the best in the FCS playoffs, etc.

The win your conference argument holds up until you have a unique set of circumstances, which is what we have this year.

The two best teams in the country just happen to be in the same division, within the same conference... one of them had to lose.

But they've both proven that the only team that can play with them is the other one.

If Alabama had lost to a 6-6 Vanderbilt team, I doubt any of you who are clamoring for Okie Light to get a chance would be doing the same for Bama.

Clemson and Northern Illinois won their conferences.... anyone think either of those teams are one of the two best in the country? Winning your conference hasn't a ****ing thing to do with who the two best teams in the country are.

If you want to play by those rules, then make it a rule. It's too late to make it one for this season.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It doesn't work like that in any sport. Which is why you have wild card teams winning superbowls in the NFL, wild card teams winning world series titles in MLB, teams who didn't win their conference playing for a chance to be the best in the FCS playoffs, etc.
Yeah, because they have a ******* playoff. In a system like this it is just dumb to allow this. In playoff formats you can allow the wild cards, or the 1 or 2 best non conference winners. In this situation to leave OK State out is just wrong, they have more wins, they won their conference, their resume is just flat out better than Bamas, Bama has always had their chance...

...People, keep in mind I think Bama is the 2nd best team in the country, BUT I do not think they deserve a rematch, not when their is another team in the country who hasnt gotten their chance yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote