Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-04-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what I've seen regarding the BCS bowls. Looks all but official.

National Champ- LSU v. Alabama
Sugar- Michigan v. Virginia Tech
Orange- Clemson v. West Virginia
Rose- Oregon v. Wisconsin
Fiesta- Ok State v. Stanford

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Yeah, because they have a ******* playoff. In a system like this it is just dumb to allow this. In playoff formats you can allow the wild cards, or the 1 or 2 best non conference winners. In this situation to leave OK State out is just wrong, they have more wins, they won their conference, their resume is just flat out better than Bamas, Bama has always had their chance...

...People, keep in mind I think Bama is the 2nd best team in the country, BUT I do not think they deserve a rematch, not when their is another team in the country who hasnt gotten their chance yet.

Oklahoma St. did have their chance... they lost to Iowa St.

If you think Bama is the 2nd best team in the country, then they should be playing for the national championship against LSU.

If you watched LSU and Bama play, I'm not sure Alabama isn't THE best team in the country.

The BCS got it right again. It'll be better than watching another Big-12 offense flail away helplessly against another SEC defense in the national championship game.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Here's what I've seen regarding the BCS bowls. Looks all but official.

National Champ- LSU v. Alabama
Sugar- Michigan v. Virginia Tech
Orange- Clemson v. West Virginia
Rose- Oregon v. Wisconsin
Fiesta- Ok State v. Stanford
Kansas State and Boise both got screwed out of going to the Sugar. I agree with Michigan going but the Wolverines vs. either KState or Boise would have been better than UM vs. VT.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://news.tidefans.com/2011/12/04/...hoice-is-easy/

Word.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
The BCS got it right again. It'll be better than watching another Big-12 offense flail away helplessly against another SEC defense in the national championship game.
No it didn't. If you line up their wins and look at which ones are better, OK State has a 7-1-3 advantage. They had a much tougher schedule and ended with the same record.

I would much rather see if OK State can match up with LSU than watch LSU win 15-6 against Alabama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alabama's "sin" was not beating anyone. Alabama can keep shifting the argument if they want, but that's what it comes down to. Both teams have one loss, Ok State played the harder schedule. That's why the computers like Ok State, they don't have human bias.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alabama's "sin" was not beating anyone. Alabama can keep shifting the argument if they want, but that's what it comes down to. Both teams have one loss, Ok State played the harder schedule. That's why the computers like Ok State, they don't have human bias.
100% correct. Gregg Doyel wrote a great article about the Alabama-OK State debate. Oklahoma State has the better resume and that is why the computers like them. Alabama is in the SEC and that is why the voters like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would like to see the BCS take out the Harris and Coaches poll and just rely on the computer rankings for who gets to be #1 vs #2. You have to take away the human element because it's hard not include a bias towards one team or another.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-04-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
No it didn't. If you line up their wins and look at which ones are better, OK State has a 7-1-3 advantage. They had a much tougher schedule and ended with the same record.

I would much rather see if OK State can match up with LSU than watch LSU win 15-6 against Alabama.

I'm sure you would. And it amounts to nothing more than your bias/agenda against Alabama, or the SEC in general. It has nothing to do with the two best teams in the country playing for the national championship. That much was clear a long time ago.

I'm also sure LSU fans would rather face a slightly better version of Georgia's offense in Okie Light, except with a much worse defense, as opposed to facing the #1 defense in the country again.

Hell, if Bama had beaten LSU, I wouldn't want to face a team like LSU in the title game again either. I'd much rather face Oklahoma St.

LSU vs. Oklahoma St. is a mismatch. Anyone with eyeballs knows it.

It amazes me how Big-12 fans and coaches think their offenses can score 30-40 points on anybody in the country, no matter how many times their offenses get shut down by SEC defenses.

It's not SEC defenses versus their offenses... it's their offenses versus SEC defenses. The question is how many times must it be pounded into their skulls in order for it to sink in.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I would like to see the BCS take out the Harris and Coaches poll and just rely on the computer rankings for who gets to be #1 vs #2. You have to take away the human element because it's hard not include a bias towards one team or another.
Wow, really? I'm MUCH more comfortable with the votes being decided by the Harris and Coaches Polls as opposed to running it through a formula. Human error is one thing, sure, but football more than any other game can't be broken down with algorithms. On tape, Alabama is a much stronger team than Oklahoma State is. They do things defensively That's the biggest thing for me. In fact, throwing out the human element would lead to MORE things like this, not less. It would be much harder for a team like Boise State to break into the mix with that system, even if they've earned it.

Don't get me wrong; it's not good for the sport to have the two best teams coming from the same conference. Really not good even. But if you want to put the best two teams on the field, it's Bama and LSU over everyone else by a wide margin.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-04-2011 at 07:08 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Wow, really? I'm MUCH more comfortable with the votes being decided by the Harris and Coaches Polls as opposed to running it through a formula.
except that, the coaches don't actually watch the games. they go base off of what they hear.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
except that, the coaches don't actually watch the games. they go base off of what they hear.
I agree that they need to find guys who are more accountable for who they pick, but throwing out the human element would be quite possibly the worst thing to happen in this entire thing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-04-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

And the people in the Harris poll are even worse.

Did you know that Gus Frerotte has a vote? You may ask why. But I have no ******* idea. Jerry Sandusky used to have a vote, so that's comforting.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I would feel much more comfortable with the AP poll being a part of the BCS system than either the Harris or Coaches poll. In fact, I'm very anti-coaches poll and feel the BCS will remain a flawed system as long as it's a part of it.

The Harris poll should be tweaked for the voters. I wouldn't include former players or former commissioners for any conference. Former coaches is fine but then having select current media as well as former media. Do away with former coaches and administration.

Strength of schedule also needs to be considered more strongly in deciding a champion as well. Take the average out of the five SoS rankings or hell, just use the Sagarin rankings since those seem to be the most respected.

Although my perfect system is an 8 team playoff. Use the BCS as part of ranking the top 8 teams and then pair them off in a rotation of 5 bowl locations (Sugar, Orange, Rose, Fiesta, and Cotton). If the bowls argue about that then an easy solution would be to add match-ups to all five bowls meaning that they would receive 2 games being played in their stadium with the same conference tie-ins. That erases some of the lower tiered bowls but who the hell is excited about going to Toronto or Boise or New York to play in late December anyway?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-04-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All about to find out right now anyway

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

They really need to come up with some kind of selection committee. The playoff system the announcers proposed the other day at the end of the SEC Championship game kind of sucked, but that's a real solid idea. There's major disagreements with the selection committee for basketball, but they've generally gotten it right(or close enough).

So yeah, I guess I'm all for killing the current human part of this system, but taking it out altogether would completely go against the best way to make evaluations in the sport.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-04-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rematch...blow up the system...such ****
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow... I'm not surprised... but it doesn't change the fact that I'm extremely pissed off

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-04-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEC does it again Bama vs LSU. What is this 5 straight championships?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I can't believe that they are even implying that the first time they met was a good exciting game... Each team sucked for the whole game and Bama ended up sucking more...

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-04-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Honestly; good on them for doing exactly what they're supposed to. Excited to see those two teams go at it again. Kill the BCS anyway, but they got this one right.

This is actually the best possible result for both ends, even. The two best teams in the country get to play a game for all the marbles and the public outcry for the BCS to go will reach new levels. I can be happy with that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-04-2011 at 07:24 PM.
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I can't believe that they are even implying that the first time they met was a good exciting game... Each team sucked for the whole game and Bama ended up sucking more...
Agree 100%. **** offenses make defenses look better.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
Legend

Ugh...Craig James....

JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
SEC does it again Bama vs LSU. What is this 5 straight championships?
6 straight actually...
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

How can people make an argument for the SEC being exceptional this year? That's ******* ridiculous. LSU was exceptional this year. That's it.

God I hate ESPN.