Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who deserves to play LSU in the BS BCS Title game?
Alabama, rematch, they're probably the best team 21 31.82%
Oklahoma State has earned it 29 43.94%
Blow up the whole BcS system and install a legit playoff like all other football has! 16 24.24%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The coaches polls have Bama at number 2. Can't wait to see what the computers have them at.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually want Ok St. to get in, I don't want Bama to win the championship.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Palm is saying it is LSU-Alabama. The Cotton Bowl tweeted that they are the only Big 12-SEC matchup but then they backtracked by saying "they are the only Big 12-SEC matchup not including the BCS." If Oklahoma State gets shafted, they should refuse to by in the Fiesta Bowl. The only way the completely unfair system known as the BCS will ever be abolished is if some team makes a huge statement. Refusing to play in a BCS bowl sure would be a huge statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Jerry Palm is saying it is LSU-Alabama. The Cotton Bowl tweeted that they are the only Big 12-SEC matchup but then they backtracked by saying "they are the only Big 12-SEC matchup not including the BCS." If Oklahoma State gets shafted, they should refuse to by in the Fiesta Bowl. The only way the completely unfair system known as the BCS will ever be abolished is if some team makes a huge statement. Refusing to play in a BCS bowl sure would be a huge statement.
I like the way you think. It would take a huge set of ballz like that to possibly get this corrupt **** to stop one day.

The BCS crooks make politicians look like Mother Theresa.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if it was UT or OU instead of OK State then I bet they pass up Bama. Fan base and money did OSU in. Yeah, they lost to a bad team but they beat over twice as many ranked teams as Bama did.

I dont think Vtech deserves an at large bid either. They played one good team and they lost to them twice.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awwgeewiz!! I can't wait to see another 9-6 OT shootout...
Old 12-05-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something I found amusing: the fans outside of the SEC seem to have the most intelligent counter-arguments and arguments against and for the BCS model

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:16 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem with this season is that no one stepped up. The underrated aspect of the BCS is that EVERY WEEK is like a playoff game for National Title contenders.

Okie State has a weak case, but realistically no one to blame but itself. They lost one of those playoff games.

I understand that Bama did also - so they benefited and got lucky... that's the way **** works sometimes...

Alabama got lucky that all the other contenders lost this year, and many at least twice. It happens. I don't think the system is fatally flawed because of it.

But the spirit of the system, from my point of view at least, is to get the two best teams based on season results. As an objective football observer, they got it right...

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Simple as ranking quality wins, strength of schedule, and conference ranking.

Oklahoma State takes all three (dominating Oklahoma > any of 'bamas wins easily, S.O.S isn't close (7th vs 42nd), and winning your conference > finishing second in your DIVISION and watching the championship game from home). 'Bama scheduled cupcakes for non-conf and doesn't deserve a shot with one-loss on that schedule.
It isn't close...but you got it completely backwards.

Arkansas > Oklahoma and Penn State is a million times better than anyone OK State faced in non-con (hell, even IN-con...Penn State was on their way to a Rose Bowl before the diddler case reared its head).

And I'd love to debate Iowa State vs Louisiana State with you.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No matter what now, no matter who wins the LSU/Alabama National Championship game, the win will always be tainted by fans outside of the SEC. I know I'll never accept either team as a true National Champion, just a figment of the BCS mess that has gone on for years.
I won't watch the game but I'll be routing for Alabama to win although normally I would have liked LSU to be champion. A Alabama win would be fitting end to this ridiculous thing called the BCS championship.
I hope this really backfires on the BCS and we finally end up with a playoff system which I never thought would see the light of day in my lifetime.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:13 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Scott on why he is against the rematch. If Bama wins do they split the national championship?
Old 12-05-2011, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I agree with Scott on why he is against the rematch. If Bama wins do they split the national championship?
Even if Alabama wins by 1 point on some kind of fluke, they will be named National Champions. The winner of the BCS National Championship game automatically is the National Champion.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:26 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly hope LSU wins 9-6 in OT again so everyone can realize that they just wasted another 3 hours of their life, again.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:51 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post

We've answered this question about a dozen times already. The answer is no.

Whoever wins the game gets the crystal football and is BCS champions. Period.

The AP poll can vote LSU #1, but it matters not.

Which would actually be kinda peculiar on LSU's part since they won the 2003 BCS national championship by beating Oklahoma, yet the AP voted USC as the #1 team in the country. Ask LSU fans if they were co-national champs that year...
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:00 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The truth keeps getting missed by all the people screaming how Okie Light got screwed. The truth is is that OSU beat 4 ranked teams and Alabama beat 3 ranked teams. We all know that Bama's only loss was to #1 LSU by a field goal in overtime, in a game that Bama actually outplayed LSU for 4 quarters.... and OSU's loss was to unranked Iowa St. All this has been discussed for weeks.

What is not being talked about is that Bama's best victory was a 38-14 thrashing of the #6 team in the country who only lost to #1 LSU and #2 Alabama. Okie Light's best victory was a 52-45 win over #8 Kansas St., who was also destroyed 58-17 by then-healthy #14 Oklahoma.

Alabama's best win was better, and Alabama's loss wasn't even close to being as bad as OSU's. Based on Arkansas and OSU's performance against a common opponent in Texas A&M I'd argue that Arkansas would have a great chance to beat Okie Light or anybody else in the Big-12. Kansas St. almost lost to a pathetic Miami team.

Arkansas is a team Bama destroyed and was playing scrubs against for the whole 4th quarter. If someone hates the SEC and/or Bama and doesn't want to see them get a rematch, that's fine... man up and say it. Just stop acting like Alabama got in over a superior team like people are trying to spin it.

I heard arguments all year that the Big-12 was the best conference top to bottom this year, but the BCS rankings seem to contradict all that.... (2) Big-12 teams in the top 10... (4) SEC teams in the top 10...

(5) Big-12 teams in the top 25.... (6) SEC teams in the top 25
Old 12-05-2011, 03:03 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
You're basically asking young men to get the shaft for everyone else. What do they get out of it? Nothing.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:14 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Look at the non-conference schedules of both Bama and OSU:

OSU beat an 8-4 Louisiana-Lafayette team by a score of 61-34.

Beat a 4-8 Arizona team 37-14.

Beat an 8-4 Tulsa team 59-33.

That's a lot of points to be giving up to cupcakes. Those three teams have a combined 20-16 record.

Bama beat a 5-7 Kent St. team 48-7.

Beat a 9-3, #24 ranked Penn St. team 27-11 in Happy Valley.

Beat a 5-7 North Texas team 41-0.

Those teams have a combined 19-17 record. The point differential isn't even close. (+76 for OSU.... +98 for Bama)

Throw in a 10-2 Georgia Southern team that nobody cares about because they're an FCS program, but they're a good football team that's on their way to possibly playing for the FCS national championship. It's the triple option offense that they run that makes them hard to prepare for with only a week to do it for ANY D-1 school.

That offense alone is why teams like Air Force is in a bowl game. It's what allowed Navy to blow out Missouri in a bowl game 2 years ago. It's why Georgia Tech is so hard to prepare for.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:20 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
You're basically asking young men to get the shaft for everyone else. What do they get out of it? Nothing.
Not to mention cost their program and their conference millions and millions of dollars.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:30 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Here's how the coaches voted....

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ots/51647436/1
Old 12-05-2011, 03:53 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Missouri coach said that OK St. was the 4thbest team. Missouri going to the SEC next year right? If so its a big FU to the big 12. Air Force coach had them at number 5.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:45 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Even if Alabama wins by 1 point on some kind of fluke, they will be named National Champions. The winner of the BCS National Championship game automatically is the National Champion.
LSU could still have enough ground to stand on to claim one to add to their gameday programs. If they lose closely like Bama did in the regular season, then they'll have split the series 1-1, will have the better record, will have the SEC Conference Championship, and will have played the harder schedule. If the AP, coaches', or Harris poll names them #1, they can still claim a non-BCS backed national championship.

It's lame, and would be horrifically ironic, but possible.

The crystal ball does go to the winner of the game, but it's obvious that programs will do whatever they want. And if Alabama disputed that, then they'd be hypocrites considering their claim of having 13 national championships without having all the backing for those.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:06 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wont even pretend to understand strength of schedule because it just seems like a joke to me, but how does anyone come up with a system that ranks any team that plays in the Big 12 ahead of teams playing in real conferences?

Just seems ridiculous to me that you would continue with a system that could rate the Big 12 ahead of the SEC.

I like Okie State, think it's a cool program but they got to play in the Big 12 and they couldn't run the table, if you play in that conference you better run the table or you don't deserve a shot, especially given that Texas is currently a joke and Oklahoma isn't far behind and the there isn't another team really worth mentioning in the conference.

Personally as someone with nothing vested in any of the teams I think this is the right matchup, you have the two top teams this season both playing in the strongest conference, don't see why they should be punished for having to play each other on top of already having to play in by far the toughest conference and I'm looking forward to them playing again, was one of the better games this season the first time around and look forward to seeing how they adjust to each others defenses.

Ironically, two of my least favourite programs are playing for it but that doesn't change that they are the right programs!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

LSU opens as a 1.5 point favorite against Alabama... LSU or Bama would've opened as a 10 point favorite against Okie Light...

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011...ama-over-okla/

Last edited by JHL6719 : 12-05-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
The Missouri coach said that OK St. was the 4thbest team. Missouri going to the SEC next year right? If so its a big FU to the big 12. Air Force coach had them at number 5.

What's interesting is that Gene Chizik voted Bama #2. Sounds like even he understands that a team that lost to the players he recruited at Iowa St. doesn't deserve to be playing for a national title.

This whole Oklahoma St. thing was nothing more than a media creation. Stanford has a better claim to #2 than Oklahoma St. does... A loss to Oregon vs. a loss to Iowa St. That's not even close in the realm of reality... but I digress...
Old 12-05-2011, 09:13 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It isn't close...but you got it completely backwards.

Arkansas > Oklahoma and Penn State is a million times better than anyone OK State faced in non-con (hell, even IN-con...Penn State was on their way to a Rose Bowl before the diddler case reared its head).

And I'd love to debate Iowa State vs Louisiana State with you.
You are completely wrong. Oklahoma State had the harder schedule. Let's compare wins. BCS rankings in parenthesis:

(6) Arkansas vs. (8) Kansas State: Advantage Alabama
(21) Penn State vs. (13) Baylor: Advantage OK State
(26) Auburn vs. (16) Oklahoma: Advantage OK State
(43) Mississippi State vs. (24) Texas: Advantage OK State
(44) Florida vs. (25) Missouri: Advantage OK State
(49) Vanderbilt vs. (29) Texas A&M: Advantage OK State
(57) Tennessee vs. (41) Tulsa: Advantage OK State
(94) North Texas vs. (47) Texas Tech: Advantage OK State
(95) Mississippi vs. (63) UL-Lafayette: Advantage OK State
(96) Kent State vs. (71) Arizona: Advantage OK State
(UN) Georgia Southern (72 in Sagarin Rankings) vs. (79) Kansas: Push

So Alabama's best win is slightly better than OK State's best win. And Alabama's loss is better than OK State's. But that doesn't not make up for the fact that Alabama's victories came against teams with an average ranking of 54 (56 if you include Georgia Southern) compared to 38 for OK State.

Edit: I just realized I was looking at 2010 rankings rather than 2011 rankings when talking about Georgia Southern. Sagarin actually has GSU ranked 80th, not 72nd, which makes things look even worse for Alabama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
The truth keeps getting missed by all the people screaming how Okie Light got screwed. The truth is is that OSU beat 4 ranked teams and Alabama beat 3 ranked teams. We all know that Bama's only loss was to #1 LSU by a field goal in overtime, in a game that Bama actually outplayed LSU for 4 quarters.... and OSU's loss was to unranked Iowa St. All this has been discussed for weeks.

What is not being talked about is that Bama's best victory was a 38-14 thrashing of the #6 team in the country who only lost to #1 LSU and #2 Alabama. Okie Light's best victory was a 52-45 win over #8 Kansas St., who was also destroyed 58-17 by then-healthy #14 Oklahoma.

Alabama's best win was better, and Alabama's loss wasn't even close to being as bad as OSU's. Based on Arkansas and OSU's performance against a common opponent in Texas A&M I'd argue that Arkansas would have a great chance to beat Okie Light or anybody else in the Big-12. Kansas St. almost lost to a pathetic Miami team.

Arkansas is a team Bama destroyed and was playing scrubs against for the whole 4th quarter. If someone hates the SEC and/or Bama and doesn't want to see them get a rematch, that's fine... man up and say it. Just stop acting like Alabama got in over a superior team like people are trying to spin it.

I heard arguments all year that the Big-12 was the best conference top to bottom this year, but the BCS rankings seem to contradict all that.... (2) Big-12 teams in the top 10... (4) SEC teams in the top 10...

(5) Big-12 teams in the top 25.... (6) SEC teams in the top 25
Kansas State almost lost to a pathetic Miami team. Okay I'll give you that. Arkansas had to come from behind to beat an average Vanderbilt team and a pathetic Ole Miss team. Arkansas just isn't that good.

And if you look at things objectively, the Iowa State loss isn't as bad as people think. Yes, Iowa State lost six games. But to whom? (24) Texas, (13) Baylor, (25) Missouri, (29) Texas A&M, (16) Oklahoma State, and (8) Kansas State. That is a tough schedule. Iowa State is ranked 32. Let's not try to make it seem like OK State lost to Florida Atlantic. They lost to a team slightly better than Florida. Had Alabama's loss been to Florida, you guys would be screaming "Oh the SEC is so good! Every game is tough." But since it's the Big 12, you brush it off like it's a terrible loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Last edited by jrdrylie : 12-05-2011 at 09:17 AM.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote