Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-23-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah yeah... Sucks, but still like what the Bucs are thinking.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again now that we want to go with a offensive coach why not Marc Trestman.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Guys it's a blessing that Kelly backed out. Just saw on Espn, Todd Mcshay said he saw Kelly at the NO vs Det playoff game and that Kelly said he thinks his system that he runs at Oregon can work in the NFL. The fast break, spread.

After hearing this I'm not upset he backed out, I'm happy he did!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
He's a leader and an innovator, not much unlike Jim Harbaugh. I like it. Unlike Harbaugh, there is no Vic Fangio on his staff (with NFL experience) to coach his D.
Harbaugh also had prior NFL experience as a player and as a coach.

Chip Kelly has none. Zero. Zip. That's a huge turn-off for me. I'll be fine if we hire a guy who hasn't been a head coach before as long as he's got plenty of experience at the professional level. I do not want to replace Morris with another head coach who doesn't know his ass from his elbow when it comes to the inner workings of an NFL front office.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
NorrinRadd12
Rookie

NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.

Texans' offensive coordinator Rick Dennison deserves an interview. His resume is off-the-charts good and the bootlegs from the Shanahan/Kubiak system would work well with Freeman.
NorrinRadd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports....64363/34535094

Apparently the Bucs are furious, and rightfully so. Chip Kelly agreed to be the Bucs head coach and then back out at the last second.

Tampa keeps things tight lipped and no one even had a clue he interviewed. The only reason the Bucs let this get out to the media is because it was basically a "Done Deal" until Kelly B*tched out.

He basically pulled something similar to Billy Donovan did with the NBA a few years back. I hope he never gets looked at by an NFL team again.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Guys it's a blessing that Kelly backed out. Just saw on Espn, Todd Mcshay said he saw Kelly at the NO vs Det playoff game and that Kelly said he thinks his system that he runs at Oregon can work in the NFL. The fast break, spread.
After hearing this I'm not upset he backed out, I'm happy he did!
Todd McShay is a complete moron. I would never listen to a word he says and believe it either.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Todd McShay is a complete moron. I would never listen to a word he says and believe it either.
If you think he's a tool that's one thing, but the guy is not going to go on live TV and just make up a story out of thin air.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Harbaugh also had prior NFL experience as a player and as a coach.

Chip Kelly has none. Zero. Zip. That's a huge turn-off for me. I'll be fine if we hire a guy who hasn't been a head coach before as long as he's got plenty of experience at the professional level. I do not want to replace Morris with another head coach who doesn't know his ass from his elbow when it comes to the inner workings of an NFL front office.
Very true. What can I say, I was hopeful. Truthfully, I was fearing another Petrino/Spurrier halfhearted effort. Back to the drawing board.

What are the chances the Glazers pull a 2002.1 and trade for a coach and make a splash? Lovie Smith, Andy Reid...and they;re the only coaches I could see that is not exactly in great standing that might be available for a price. Don't see it happening.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perry Fewell is suddenly way hotter, jim Caldwell was in a Super Bowl not long ago at all... geez.

My faves are Clements, Carmichael, and Ferentz.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care what we do at this stage, as long as we get someone in quick - preferably not Sherman as has been heavily speculated tonight. Zimmer/Clements/Chud/Marty please.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Was just reading on Espn that the Ravens are not bring back Cam Cameron.

We should hire Marty ( HC ) and Cameron ( OC ) back together again. The last time these two coached together SD was 14-2 and LT broke the rushing TD record.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The St. Petersburg Times believes there's a "strong chance" former Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman will be named the Bucs' new head coach.
The Bucs have yet to inform any of their myriad candidates to replace Raheem Morris they're out of the running, but Sherman is the first to be called back for a second interview. The situation should be resolved by the end of the week.
Source: St. Petersburg Times
Old 01-24-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinaMan View Post
The St. Petersburg Times believes there's a "strong chance" former Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman will be named the Bucs' new head coach.
The Bucs have yet to inform any of their myriad candidates to replace Raheem Morris they're out of the running, but Sherman is the first to be called back for a second interview. The situation should be resolved by the end of the week.
Source: St. Petersburg Times
I'm not buying it, why try to give Kelly 6 million a year if you like Sherman
Old 01-24-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I'm not buying it, why try to give Kelly 6 million a year if you like Sherman
The media should just give up already. All they're doing is guessing, when in reality, no one has a clue what the Bucs are doing.

They said this based on Sherman being the 1st called back for an interview. I'm sure others will be called back, but we may never know the finalists until a coach is hired.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
The media should just give up already. All they're doing is guessing, when in reality, no one has a clue what the Bucs are doing.

They said this based on Sherman being the 1st called back for an interview. I'm sure others will be called back, but we may never know the finalists until a coach is hired.
I feel the same way...
Old 01-25-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The "buzz" around Mobile, Ala. at the Senior Bowl is that Panthers OC Rob Chudzinski will receive a second interview with the Bucs.
Mike Sherman is the only finalist thus far, though the Bucs seem to be in no hurry to turn to him after losing out on Oregon's Chip Kelly. The Bucs are testing Panthers coach Ron Rivera's patience with their protracted search. "We've heard nothing," said Rivera. "Hopefully, we'll hear something by the end of the week."
Related: Buccaneers
Source: Charlotte Observer
Old 01-25-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
TBBucs621
Rookie

TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.

I would trade our 5th overall pick for Andy Reid.

Marty and Cam duo would be good, but who would we get to coach the defense?
TBBucs621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Welp, the Bucs are officially the only team left without a head coach. Please, the Glazers and Mark Dominik, DO NOT HIRE MIKE SHERMAN!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, "many in the league" expect Mike Sherman to be the Bucs' next head coach.
Sherman interviewed with Bucs brass for a second time Wednesday, and the St. Petersburg Times recently reported that there's a "strong chance" the team will settle for Sherman after missing out on Oregon's Chip Kelly. And make no mistake -- hiring Sherman would be settling. He couldn't keep a college job last year, and the Bucs would have hired Kelly if they had their druthers.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

This is the same Jason la Canfora that said the Bucs will hire Sherman two weeks ago before and not knowing that they interviewed Kelly and was about 5 mins away from having him as the head coach.

It's all a guessing game at this point.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBBucs621 View Post
I would trade our 5th overall pick for Andy Reid.

Marty and Cam duo would be good, but who would we get to coach the defense?
HAHA really Andy Reid is not the greatest coach. Sure he will get a team to the playoffs but will never win a SB. I like Zimmer the best. But it seems like Sherman will get the job.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Mike Sherman at his finest fellow Buc Fans:

http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/...ure-aggie.html

The Bucs would really want to hire this guy? He doesn;t even deserve an interview.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
TBBucs621
Rookie

TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.

Shaun King was saying if you are for Sherman you are a Sapp hater. LOL

Why not Jim Caldwell? He is available and is a Dungy guy and can help develop Freeman. Just need a good defense coordinator.
TBBucs621 is offline   Reply With Quote