Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1105 View Post
I might be mistaken but where does it say that the conditional draft pick given up is a conditional 7th rounder. All it says as the header is a conditional 2008 pick and when you click on the story talks about Raegor the DT they just signed no mention of the compensation for draft pick. So far the pick could be a conditional anything from what I see.
yea i noticed that as well
Old 03-26-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it was reported on the radio as a conditional 7th rounder...but im now gonna guess a conditional late rounder in 2008
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As an Eagles fan, I am psyched about this deal. I am not going to go crazy and say he is a probowler like TNEW would do. But I will say we get to fill two draft needs, while losing a DT who can't stop the run and a seventh rounder next year. This trade does make our team much better though, I don't care what TNew says, I try not to pay attention to what he says anyway, he is a MORON. The Eagles biggest needs are now Strong Safety and either a WILL or a MIKE, depending on what our FO thinks about Gaither. Personally, I think it will be MIKE, Gaither is very good at the WILL. If we get a solid draft pick at LB, we could have a nasty LB corp for years, with the developmentof Gocong and Gaither. Our LBs will be able to be used in sooooo many ways next year. The Eagles have the potential to be a top 5 offense and a top 5 or ten defense if they get a good draft. I am so happy right now, and TNew should be shaking in his boots, because our D will be ripping apart "Big D" for the next few years to come.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Does anyone really take TNewFan41 seriously?

Looks like a good deal for the Eagles. Spikes may be a little old, but he's the best and most experienced OLB they have now.
I see where TNewman comin from but....... it is an upgrade. Its not a change that is gonna be huge but it does help the eagles.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does anyone really take TNewFan41 seriously?

Looks like a good deal for the Eagles. Spikes may be a little old, but he's the best and most experienced OLB they have now.
To answer your question, NO!!!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spikes has a great work ethic, so I don't think it's out of the question to say that he could regain close to old form. Regardless he is an improvement over Dhani Jones for sure.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

Willis = lock at 12
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Spikes has a great work ethic, so I don't think it's out of the question to say that he could regain close to old form. Regardless he is an improvement over Dhani Jones for sure.
Absolutely, I am so glad there will be less of the bowtie at SAM for us.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't see where it says "7th round" on the link. It just says "conditional 2008 pick"
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is interesting this deal as Spikes is an upgrade over the likes of Dhani Jones and Matt McCoy. Chris Gocong is probably slated to be a pass-rusher though I am curious to see his tackling ability as a LB'er, he should have some success there.

Now Gaither looked good down the line for Philadelphia and I can see him starting next season or at the least, getting extensive PT. The Eagles shuffling Trotter in and out should definitely help his career a bit and keep everyone fresh so I think this is a solid move for Philly.

Broderick Bunkley, welcome to the lineup.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Bunkley better step it up and contribute like our FO thought he would be able to. Lets go Bunk, hit that weight room so you can hit the field and get some major PT.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

Spikes 6 m
Holcomb 2.9 m
Total 8.9 m

Walker 1.3 m

8.9 - 1.3 = 7.6 Million Bills save
Old 03-26-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just didn't give Bunkley enough opportunity. If he starts this season we will see some steady improvement.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bills_red View Post
Spikes 6 m
Holcomb 2.9 m
Total 8.9 m

Walker 1.3 m

8.9 - 1.3 = 7.6 Million Bills save
Bills swallow a $3 million cap hit.
Quote:
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

Quote:
We just didn't give Bunkley enough opportunity. If he starts this season we will see some steady improvement.
You hope to anyway
Old 03-26-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Bunkley was one of my favorite prospects in last year's draft. I am actually looking forward to watching him play a full season.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-26-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Bills swallow a $3 million cap hit.

Were does it say they take a 3 mill hit?

then they save 4.6
Old 03-26-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Were does it say they take a 3 mill hit?

then they save 4.6

Saw it on KFFL I think
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-26-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Saw it on KFFL I think
Yea I just saw that on billsdaily.com
LB Takeo Spikes $6M - $3M against cap if released
Old 03-26-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What a steal for the Eagles. They get Spikes for a DT they were probly gonna cut anyways and a conditional pick next year. Great move, gives them a lot more flexibility.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I sure hope so, because if he can live up to his pick, our defense will be monstrous next year, I hope.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea I just saw that on billsdaily.com
LB Takeo Spikes $6M - $3M against cap if released
LOL dont you guys play madden. I always have like a 10 million cap hit for releasing :)

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

Good report
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Spikes, Holcomb trade
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 9:16 PM ET | Link

SPIKES, HOLCOMB TRADE: I have to commend the Bills on this move. They clear some salary space and help to address a need on the interior of their defensive line. Even better Walker is still under contract through the 2008 season at reasonable money ($1.3M base in 2007 and $1.4M base in 2008). Holcomb really wasn't a fit in Steve Fairchild's offense. He's a better fit for the horizontal passing attack of a west coast offense, so he should serve a purpose in Philly.

Walker is a hard-nosed defensive tackle who can penetrate. His sack totals are impressive for an interior player, although playing with two good defensive ends helped in Cole and Kearse (when healthy). I like that Walker has been durable and though he is 30-years old, he won't have to play 50 plays a game in Buffalo's rotational system, so he should be able to stay fresh. I expect him to work with Larry Tripplett at the 3-technique position and rotate through. I'm wondering if this means that John McCargo will become a full time nose tackle or one-technique and rotate with Kyle Williams. We'll have to see.

I'm hearing the conditional pick is a seventh rounder for Holcomb.

It's really tough to see Spikes leave knowing the warrior he was when healthy, but I don't think the Bills felt they could afford to wait another season to see if Spikes would return to full form. Spikes' last two games last season were pretty productive and I understand his performance in those two games is what sold the Eagles on him.

Unfortunately the odds are against NFL players who try to return from achilles injuries. Sure everyone references Seattle's Julian Peterson, but he is an exception to the rule. Chicago's Mike Brown still isn't right after missing most of last season. Philadelphia's Todd Pinkston struggled in his return to form last year. Sam Cowart was never the same player. I'm never one to doubt Spikes and his incredible will, but the statistics build a compelling case against him.

Still I wish him luck. He was a stand up locker room guy and very active in the community.

---
Old 03-26-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
snailplow
Rookie

snailplow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Spikes-Old but decent
Clements-OVERpaid
McGahee-God I hate this guy
Fletcher-Old and and makes a lot of T 5-10 yard down the field (anyone can do that)
H-Decent backup

RT Langston Walker-->Will make you cuss at him like a sailor.........seriously, you may not believe this, but he was actually WORSE than Gallery.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Do the Bills free up cap space or lose some, because from the looks of most o the info here, it looks as thought hey lose space in their cap.