Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-01-2012, 03:40 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, IMO, its just a weak year. Blackmon represents a top 5 talent, because there's not as much talent as in previous years. Last year and a few years previous...it was pretty top heavy. This year its just...meh.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although, I know one game isn't going to change anyone's opinion but the guy is totally trying to will OSU to a Fiesta Bowl victory tonight.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Although, I know one game isn't going to change anyone's opinion but the guy is totally trying to will OSU to a Fiesta Bowl victory tonight.
I'm watching. He's like a one-man wrecking crew out there.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
Old 01-02-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy reminds me alot of Victor Cruz.

The way he plays, he's physical and deceptively fast, and has great hands.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
This guy reminds me alot of Victor Cruz.

The way he plays, he's physical and deceptively fast, and has great hands.
Wrong Giants' receiver.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Wrong Giants' receiver.
Hakeem Nicks isn't deceptively fast. He's just big and physical.

Blackmon moves exactly like Cruz, and sells his routes in the same way to perfectly set up the DBs.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This first half has been a microcosm of Blackmon's career: Big TD where he was wide open, a TD off a short pass where he broke a tackle and turned it into a long TD and a frustrating drop on an in-breaking route.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Deceptively big and physical.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blackmon reminds me a lot of Boldin
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
GoBroncos
Rookie

GoBroncos is a cocksman.GoBroncos is a cocksman.GoBroncos is a cocksman.GoBroncos is a cocksman.

Blackmon had a huge game in his bowl game.

Very impressed with him.
GoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i gotta be honest

i like that he had the swag to declare in the post game interview
Old 01-02-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A faster Boldin.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any game tape of Blackmon actually being covered by somebody? I would love to finalize my opinion of the guy, but the entire Big 12, and apparently Stanford's DB's are too ****** for me to do so.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see a little smaller, little slower TO. The way he moves, the way he runs and the way he catches the ball just looks so similar to me.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is there any game tape of Blackmon actually being covered by somebody? I would love to finalize my opinion of the guy, but the entire Big 12, and apparently Stanford's DB's are too ****** for me to do so.
He had about 150 yds against a great Nebraska defense last year (2010).

He looks legit to me, sort of reminds me of a young Terrell Owens.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Blackmon moves exactly like Cruz, and sells his routes in the same way to perfectly set up the DBs.
Totally agree.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well was dez really covered well by anyone either?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see another guy I've defended so far show up big in his Bowl game. I still think he's going to be a stud in the NFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand some of the skepticism about Blackmon's NFL prospects but I think part of it comes from the fact that last year Jones and Green were incredible prospects with top-5 NFL WR potential (and both have shown that in their rookie seasons).

Blackmon isn't quite Jones or Green, but there's a lot to like about his game. For a physical, strong, Boldinish-yac-seeker, he's VERY quick. That's much more important for NFL WRs than straight-line speed. His hands are good, he seems like someone who loves the game, there's just a lot to like when you watch him on film. One simple rule I've learned scouting - playmakers will make plays. And some guys are just playmakers. Usually guys who bust or don't live up to draft hype didn't really earn the playmaker label in college (Michael Clayton, DHB, generally receivers who didn't put up consistent stats). Then there are guys that just have that knack for getting open, gaining yards, making big catches, and finding the end zone. Players like that don't change (Harvin, DJax, Julio, Cruz in preseason '10).

And comparing him to Crabtree shouldn't be a negative at all. Crabtree has been nothing but great when healthy (and this year he's developed into a quality #1 in a terrible situation to put up #s).

- Ko Simpson

Last edited by gpngc : 01-03-2012 at 12:48 AM.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I understand some of the skepticism about Blackmon's NFL prospects but I think part of it comes from the fact that last year Jones and Green were incredible prospects with top-5 NFL WR potential (and both have shown that in their rookie seasons).

Blackmon isn't quite Jones or Green, but there's a lot to like about his game. For a physical, strong, Boldinish-yac-seeker, he's VERY quick. That's much more important for NFL WRs than straight-line speed. His hands are good, he seems like someone who loves the game, there's just a lot to like when you watch him on film. One simple rule I've learned scouting - playmakers will make plays. And some guys are just playmakers. Usually guys who bust or don't live up to draft hype didn't really earn the playmaker label in college (Michael Clayton, DHB, generally receivers who didn't put up consistent stats). Then there are guys that just have that knack for getting open, gaining yards, making big catches, and finding the end zone. Players like that don't change (Harvin, DJax, Julio, Cruz in preseason '10).

And comparing him to Crabtree shouldn't be a negative at all. Crabtree has been nothing but great when healthy (and this year he's developed into a quality #1 in a terrible situation to put up #s).
I was thinking Boldin while watching him today, too. A faster, leaner, sleeker Boldin.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

He actually reminds me of Roddy White. *shrugs*
Old 01-03-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

All of the potential first round WRs in this upcoming draft would benefit from having another good/great WR on their team. I think they'll be great complements to an existing number 1. Hakeem Nicks is a good comparison for Blackmon, but Blackmon's production will likely land him in the top 15, anyway.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickWillis View Post
Wes Bunting recently wrote a piece about Blackmon guessing he would time around 4.6, and after watching him play, I believe it. Blackmon creates separation because he's very technical and runs crisp patterns. He doesn not have 4.4 speed. That makes you the idiot.

And Floyd is a better player after the catch, better jump bal threat, better hands. He'd easily be my pick before Blackmon, especially considering Blackmon's stats are inflated due to okie's scheme.
You're so foolish dude. So foolish.

He's the next Dez Bryant / Julio Jones. In terms of he's the next big impact physical WR, where as Green would be in a different category of not being a big physical guy, but more of a gazelle.

Just because a WR doesn't run a 4.39 like Julio did, doesn't mean he can't have immense success in the NFL. There have been plenty of good WRs who didn't run well in the 40, thankfully the game of football isn't simply a track meet, otherwise the Raiders would win every game.

Given the fact that Blackmon gets separation by running good routes and being technical should be everything you want in a WR in the NFL. That's how Welker dominates, he just sets up DBs. Much like the 4th and 5 play that Blackmon was running the slant route and ended up breaking tackles and making a big play of it. He didn't just run a Slant, he ran the DB off thinking it was some sort of out route by forcing him to play his outside, came back in and made a big target for his QB to hit and that's what you want from a WR.

I don't care what he runs, but I'm going to guess in the 4.50-4.65 range. People run differently on different surfaces and it seems lately to me that the Indianapolis field has been much slower than the old dome on the 40s. Everyone seems to lose about .1-.2 on that field vs what they were running before in Indy.

Regardless of everything else, all I need to know is watching the kid play he shows that he's going to be everything someone wants in the NFL if he keeps up that work ethic. If he falls out of the top 10 it will be a travesty. High character, high caliber player, and it looks like he's a hard worker too. If I were Indianapolis and I could trade down to #5 he'd be my target. If I'm St. Louis I'm strongly considering him at #2. I mean they have Lloyd now, but they still could use a 2nd threat out there, and he'd make for a long long time fit with Bradford, much like Julio does for the Matt Ryan. They already had Roddy a Pro Bowl top 5 WR, they added Julio and there were growing pains this season, but now that offense seems to be coming together (although inconsistent) and that's what St. Louis could have, in an offense where they're already pass happy, and comfortable with it.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, he reminds me a lot of Dez Bryant, but better, faster, stronger, and more mature. Kid's gonna make an immidiate impact whereever he lands and this game probably locked him with Minney or St Louis.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holt and Bruce did pretty well for not being burners. They led the greatest offense in the history of the NFL. 500+ points 3 straight years and have a name dedicated to it. Why ? Because they ran crisp routes and were open all day long, not because they were burners.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote