Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-12-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
CMR#20
Rookie

CMR#20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CMR#20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Will the Chiefs Consider a QB Now?

ESPN has reported that Todd Haley has just been fired with 3 games left. Does this mean the Chiefs take a quarterback if their picking high enough?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73...gling-team-5-8
CMR#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure as **** hope so. If we hire Josh ******* McDaniels they'll probably roll with Cassel and we'll suck even worse next year, but if Pioli pulls his head out of his ass and hires a coach who knows what he's doing, I think QB is a very real possibility.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is possible, but Pioli isn't going anywhere. He may want to stick with Cassel, but if a franchise QB is staring them in the face, it would be tough to pass.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading up for Matt Barkley. Book it.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Trading up for Matt Barkley. Book it.
I could see them trading up to three to get him. Minnesota will likely take Matt Kalil. The Rams would have their eye on him. If he is gone, I think the Rams would be very happy to trade back to get better value on Claiborne or Blackmon. And with Miami, Jacksonville, and Washington ahead of them, the Chiefs are going to have to trade up to get a QB unless they really like Tannehill or Jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd trade up for any of the big 3 QBs and not even blink (shutup Shane!).

Old 12-12-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I could see them trading up to three to get him. Minnesota will likely take Matt Kalil. The Rams would have their eye on him.
What? You must mean another team...
Old 12-12-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
What? You must mean another team...
He meant the Rams would have their eye on Matt Kalil which is very true. However, should the **** Vikes steal him from his rightful place with the Rams, I am very sure we would be very receptive to trading down, stockpiling more picks (more picks = more opportunities to screw ourselves!) and then select Blackmon or maybe Claiborne.

Also, since tonight's game will be one of epic ugliness, please, please hide your women and your elderly. And do NOT let your children watch as they will probably swear off NFL football forever and go over to the dark side and become soccer fans or something...
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, Robert Griffin III, or Landry Jones are available when the Chiefs pick, they will take him.

You might win divisions with Matt Cassel, but you're not going to win championships with him.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I think if Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, Robert Griffin III, or Landry Jones are available when the Chiefs pick, they will take him.

You might win divisions with Matt Cassel, but you're not going to win championships with him.
Yeah, that is exactly right. Cassel is not going to win anyone a championship and we all know it. And we actually have some offensive talent.. if only we had a QB to get them the ball.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With where the Chiefs will be picking in round one, the plums of the QB class will be gone. Likely gonna be looking at Landry Jones, Ryan Tannehill types instead of Luck/Barkley/Griffin imo.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Ricky Stanzi time!!!

Give him a shot before drafting a QB.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hop Stanzi atleast gets some playing time in these last few games, I think he can develop into a starting QB. If they do opt to take a QB, Landry Jones could have he right value and fit depending on if he declares n

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
It's Ricky Stanzi time!!!

Give him a shot before drafting a QB.
Are you being ******* serious? No. Don't give him a shot. I don't care what they think he can be. We're going to be picking top 10 and we'll hopefully have a shot at a QB but you can't **** your franchise over for a god damn 5th rounder.

Jesus, I've seen you say some stupid things in the past but this might take the cake.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis

I think they already have one in Stanzi.
PatrickWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Haley really had anything to do with Cassel in the first place. I think it will be a Cassel/Orton competition.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if Luck, Barkley and RG3 all declare its likely one will fall past 5 then it may be worth moving up for that player. It would be a very good decision if Pioli gave up a second rounder to move 4 or 5 spots for someone like Barkley

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its a pretty attractive head coaching position. You have a couple solid veteran QBs (Orton on a 1 year deal?), Charles + Moeaki + Berry coming back from injury, and the opportunity to get your QB of the future. I can't believe I'm saying this but if McDaniels doesn't have GM powers it might not be the worse thing to happen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think either Barkley or RGIII falls out of the top 5, and the top four right now IMO looks like Luck/Barkley/RGIII and Kalil.

I'd still play Stanzi the rest of the season before I think about someone like Barkley is an automatic upgrade.

Someone please tell vidae not to meltdown on a message board because he happens to disagree with someone else's opinion.

Some of you guys come off as extremely emotionally fragile.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I don't think either Barkley or RGIII falls out of the top 5, and the top four right now IMO looks like Luck/Barkley/RGIII and Kalil.

I'd still play Stanzi the rest of the season before I think about someone like Barkley is an automatic upgrade.

Someone please tell vidae not to meltdown on a message board because he happens to disagree with someone else's opinion.

Some of you guys come off as extremely emotionally fragile.
vidae may have been a bit harsh but his post is 100 percent correct.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

I thought Stanzi was a 2nd/3rd round prospect last year. Being drafted in the 5th doesn't mean he's not a viable option. But whatever.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

You don't pass on a talent like Barkley or RG3 because you have Ricky Stanzi. You just don't. Period.

And I'm about as emotionally stable as they come, thank you very much!

Old 12-12-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If one of the top three people tend to mention are staring them in the face then they almost in all likely hood will take them. Golden Rule.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You don't pass on a talent like Barkley or RG3 because you have Ricky Stanzi. You just don't. Period.

And I'm about as emotionally stable as they come, thank you very much!
Unless you guys don't have a shot at those 2. Which is very possible. What other QB's are really "cant miss" besides those 2 and Luck? I mean I like Cousins and Tannehill as sleepers but if there is a legitimate defensive guy in Round 1 and the big 3 are off the table you gotta go with BPA.
PatrickWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I disagree. I think the best thing for the long term future of this club is to move up and take a QB.

The Chiefs haven't drafted a QB in the first round since 1983. They took Todd Blackledge over Jim Kelly and Dan Marino. Ouch. It's about time they took a chance on a guy that can be that franchise signal caller.