Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game will some of its luster if Willis AND Roethlisberger are out (in addittion to James Harrison). Honestly i'd rather beat the Steelers at full strength than beat them with a backup QB, but what are you going to do. Still looking forward to it anyway.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers are favored by two points in this game. Which is a surprise to me. Most of the national media I've heard has written the 49ers off. This would be a sweet, sweet victory. I'd love to hear Colin Cowherd Monday morning after his "prediction".

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
49ers are favored by two points in this game.
It's understandable, this far in advance of the game.

We play well at home and Pittsburgh has to travel cross country, which means that they will lose a day to travel. Additionally, a banged up Big Ben could be to our advantage, but then I think about our pass rush and kind of cry inside.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 12-17-2011, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
It's understandable, this far in advance of the game.

We play well at home and Pittsburgh has to travel cross country, which means that they will lose a day to travel. Additionally, a banged up Big Ben could be to our advantage, but then I think about our pass rush and kind of cry inside.
If the Steelers win, ESPN will be flooded with Ben Roethlisberger and how much of an Iron Man he is.

If the 49ers win, I get the feeling they'll just get a pat on the back and during the week more talk would be about how the Steelers lost the game and where they are headed instead of the 49ers winning the game and how they've rebounded.

Quote:
Old 12-17-2011, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the Steelers win, ESPN will be flooded with Ben Roethlisberger and how much of an Iron Man he is.

If the 49ers win, I get the feeling they'll just get a pat on the back and during the week more talk would be about how the Steelers lost the game and where they are headed instead of the 49ers winning the game and how they've rebounded.
that's "star power" and the Niners lack that. as much as we all love Willis and Gore, they aren't exactly guys ESPN can talk about for a long time.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
49ers are favored by two points in this game. Which is a surprise to me. Most of the national media I've heard has written the 49ers off. This would be a sweet, sweet victory. I'd love to hear Colin Cowherd Monday morning after his "prediction".
Being favored by 2 as a home teamisn't a good thing. Home teams get 3 points automatically.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/17/412...gfdgfdgfd.html

I immediately thought of Ness when I read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barrows
You know, the one in which Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, his left ankle bandaged as if he has just emerged from the Battle of Bull Run, somehow limps into Monday's game and heroically leads his team to dramatic and glorious victory.

Oh, how the Terrible Towels will wave. Oh, how the national media will swoon and say Big Ben is braver than Willis Reed, tougher than William Wallace and more selfless than Mother Teresa. Oh, how Roethlisberger – he loves this kind of drama – will bask in the attention.

And you? You'll stew and seethe and tell everyone at work Tuesday morning that you saw this coming.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Being favored by 2 as a home teamisn't a good thing. Home teams get 3 points automatically.
No I meant I'm surprised the 49ers are favored in the game at all.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Arsenal
Rookie

Arsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

I live the heart of Steeler Country and am already dreading this kind of stuff.

If the 49ers it will be, "Well Ben, Pouncey, Woodley, and Harrison are all hurt/out. I would hope the 49ers would win."

If the 49ers lose, it's that the 49ers play in a pathetic division and only have a good record because of that and blah, blah.

As soon as Harrison was suspended I was getting texts telling me to thank the commissioner for handing the 49ers the game.

I feel like it will be a 20-17 game with the Steelers grinding one out.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

As soon as Harrison was suspended I was getting texts telling me to thank the commissioner for handing the 49ers the game.
You should text them back about the Steelers going 4-0 without him earlier in the year.

And it's not like we'll be missing Patrick Willis or anything. Nah, couldn't possibly happen.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
I live the heart of Steeler Country and am already dreading this kind of stuff.
Two Niner fans in the same area. SALUTE!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Steelers fans are flooding San Francisco today. I was out and about and every few minutes there was a Steeler fan sporting their gear. I saw a few even get out of their cars and check into hotels and whatever. Our fanbase needs to show up. I don't want this to be like the Dallas/49ers game again. That was embarrassing.

Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Steelers fans are flooding San Francisco today. I was out and about and every few minutes there was a Steeler fan sporting their gear. I saw a few even get out of their cars and check into hotels and whatever. Our fanbase needs to show up. I don't want this to be like the Dallas/49ers game again. That was embarrassing.
Steelers fans travel even better than Cowboys fans. It will be a Steelers' home game if they get the lead.

Being from Western Pennsylvania my entire life, I truly cannot grasp the concept of this, but it obviously happens.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Why aren't you a Steelers fan if you are from Western Pennsylvania?

EDIT: Oh and Braylon Edwards in inactive.

Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Why aren't you a Steelers fan if you are from Western Pennsylvania?

EDIT: Oh and Braylon Edwards in inactive.
Because my 2nd favorite team is whoever is playing the Steelers. F-em!!!

Hearing from someone at the game is that it's Terrible Towels EVERYWHERE and that the 49ers were booed loudly when they went on the field for warmups.

Dammit local 49ers' fans selling your tickets.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hearing from someone at the game is that it's Terrible Towels EVERYWHERE and that the 49ers were booed loudly when they went on the field for warmups.

Tim Kawakami heard from someone with 49ers PR that they were guesstimating up to 20,000 Steelers fans in the house tonight but it sounds like more. Pretty cringe worthy. I really wanted to go but I just couldn't fork out $150+ for tickets on stubhub. Trying to save my cash for the home playoff game.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
Old 12-19-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Because my 2nd favorite team is whoever is playing the Steelers. F-em!!!

San Francisco just isn't a football town. It's more of a baseball town. If we were winning with an exciting offense it might be better. Having that new stadium might help too, because it will be a lot easier to get to and most of the ticket holders are in Santa Clara too.

Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
San Francisco just isn't a football town. It's more of a baseball town. If we were winning with an exciting offense it might be better. Having that new stadium might help too, because it will be a lot easier to get to and most of the ticket holders are in Santa Clara too.
Disagree with that. 49ers started 0-5 and still dominated a lot of the coverage during the Giants World Series run on print and radio. Packers, Cowboys, and Steelers fans are just a different breed of a fan. They travel well and are willing to pay top $$$$ for tickets.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
Old 12-19-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Disagree with that. 49ers started 0-5 and still dominated a lot of the coverage during the Giants World Series run on print and radio. Packers, Cowboys, and Steelers fans are just a different breed of a fan. They travel well and are willing to pay top $$$$ for tickets.
And many 49ers' season ticket holders seem quite happy to sell their tickets to them.

There's nothing about being a Steelers fan that makes them spend more $$$$. They're just more loyal, sadly.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Looking like kickoff will be delayed for a few minutes power went out briefly:

Quote:
One of the transformers went down outside the stadium. It will be five to 10 minutes before the power is back up ...
2014 couldn't come soon enough.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And many 49ers' season ticket holders seem quite happy to sell their tickets to them.
That as well. I remember watching the 2002 playoff game and was stunned to see how many Giants fans were in the house. Big game and season ticket holders jump ship like it is the Titantic.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I took a vacation day to watch this game. F****************!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freakin power outage ftl......C'MON MAN!!!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers Island....
Closed Thread