Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-18-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 15: Packers v. Chiefs

It's crazy what a semi-competent QB can do for a team, and its helping the D stay off the field.
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The playcalling hasn't been trash and Richardson has played...well. What?
Old 12-18-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what happens to Muir/Zorn in the second half... The offense is always completely different from quarter to quarter.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_fan88 View Post
It's crazy what a semi-competent QB can do for a team, and its helping the D stay off the field.
Agreed.

Orton isn't the future but it shows what a real QB could do with this team.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

I think it's obvious there was a bunch of **** going on with Haley there with the way the Chiefs are holding themselves today. I thought the Chiefs matched up well against the Packers because of their defense and if the RT showed up to play, but the (for lack of a better word) swagger the Chiefs have today is surprising...

And if the Broncos lose out, the Chiefs actually still have a shot at the division D:
Old 12-18-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to have Hali's baby.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

+rep for explaining how the hell the Chiefs just beat the Packers.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think it's obvious there was a bunch of **** going on with Haley there with the way the Chiefs are holding themselves today. I thought the Chiefs matched up well against the Packers because of their defense and if the RT showed up to play, but the (for lack of a better word) swagger the Chiefs have today is surprising...

And if the Broncos lose out, the Chiefs actually still have a shot at the division D:
Honestly I just think he was too stubborn, keep playing Palko even though he was awful, didn't change things up on O with play calling, and running same shity players out even after proving they suck.....all that said I still think he could be a good head coach if he had a little more humility.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Our CBs match up well against their WRs, they were missing Greg Jennings, and our pass rush got home today. Tamba was all over the field. It didn't help that they lost a few tackles during the course of the game because our pass rush was a problem for them..

The only way to beat the Packers is to keep them off the field, and we did that.

And I 100% ******* AGREE Splat, we need a good QB. See what we can do when we have at least COMPETENT play from our QB? We didn't just hang with the big boys, we won.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Our CBs match up well against their WRs, they were missing Greg Jennings, and our pass rush got home today. Tamba was all over the field. It didn't help that they lost a few tackles during the course of the game because our pass rush was a problem for them..

The only way to beat the Packers is to keep them off the field, and we did that.

And I 100% ******* AGREE Splat, we need a good QB. See what we can do when we have at least COMPETENT play from our QB? We didn't just hang with the big boys, we won.
I almost forgot what it is like for a QB to actually stay in the pocket and not **** himself after his first read is taken away.

And it does kinda suck that their WR's dropped so many balls today, because now a lot of people will try to use that as an excuse even though our D did play preety good today.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Orton look around the field MULTIPLE times today.. throw to his third or fourth read. He hit TEN different receivers.. Cassel just cannot do that. He isn't equipped. Goodbye Cassel, hello Orton.. at least for now.

I'd love Orton here as the short term solution while we groom a QB of the future, like Tannehill in the second.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I saw Orton look around the field MULTIPLE times today.. throw to his third or fourth read. He hit TEN different receivers.. Cassel just cannot do that. He isn't equipped. Goodbye Cassel, hello Orton.. at least for now.

I'd love Orton here as the short term solution while we groom a QB of the future, like Tannehill in the second.
I don't really know about Tannehill, but I guess we will find out how the team feels about Cassel/Orton/Stanzi, with who they draft. Kinda hoping for the same situation Orton start next year (if he can keep playing like this) draft a QB high in upcoming draft and let him sit and learn.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Make no mistake about it, QB is still our #1 need and today should be exhibit A for that.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Sark
Rookie

Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orton was really awful in the red zone today. He is also Notorious for turning the ball over in bunches. I don't think there is any way Cassel isn't our starting QB next year. Orton wouldn't sign with us with Cassel here anyway.
Sark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Cassel should not start again anywhere. I'm so sick of watching him take a dump in his pants if his first read is gone.

I'm definitely not behind Orton 100%, but I think if we draft a QB we should keep Orton on the roster. Let the rookie sit behind Orton and learn the NFL game.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Orton hit ten different targets today... Cassel didn't know their was anyone not named Bowe on the team.

I'm not saying Orton is the future because he isn't but he is dam sure better than Matt Cassel.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Sark
Rookie

Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orton is a FA. No chance he signs with us to compete with Cassel.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sark View Post
Orton is a FA. No chance he signs with us to compete with Cassel.
Just showing up makes him the best QB on the team.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather cut Cassel, sign Orton to 2-year deal, draft a QB and let him sit behind Orton for a year or two and learn.Orton today played better then any game Cassel has had as a Chief
Old 12-18-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I'd rather cut Cassel, sign Orton to 2-year deal, draft a QB and let him sit behind Orton for a year or two and learn.
This would be great.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we scored more points then they did
Old 12-18-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as I said in IRC today:

re-sign Orton, draft RG3, murder Cassel

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
as I said in IRC today:

re-sign Orton, draft RG3, murder Cassel
Yes, oh god yes, OH GODDD YESSSSS BRENT.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They outscored the Packers on the score board after 4 quarters.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Sark
Rookie

I have no love for Matt Cassel but if you honestly think Orton played better today than any game Cassel has had as a Chief I have to seriously question your ability to not be biased against Cassel. Orton played just OK. He forced multiple balls into coverage and was flat out terrible in the red zone. We scored 19 points against a terrible defense with 6 trips into the red zone.

There is no chance Pioli is going to cut ties with Cassel to try and ride someone like Orton who stinks of the same mediocrity that Cassel has. Cassel will be the Chiefs starting QB in 2012. I am not saying I like it but that is how it is going to play out.