Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bold Playoff Prediction: Giants & Bears

This forum is infested with Bears and Giants homers who believe that their teams have a legit shot at making a playoff run. I'm going to dispel those notions in this post. I predict that neither the Chicago Bears nor the New York Giants will win a *single* playoff game this year.

Why will the Giants fail to win a single playoff game?

The Giants appear to have a commanding lead in the NFC East. However, their remaining schedule is fraught with challenging opponents. I am confident that they will finish no better than 4-3 in the strech of games playing the following teams: Philadelphia, New Orleans, Green Bay, Dallas, Washington, New York Jets, and Dallas again. That would leave them with a 10-6, or worse, record for the year. Because the Cowboys have a total creampuff schedule, I predict that the Giants will fall into 2nd place behind the eventual 10-6 or 11-5 Dallas Cowboys in the NFC East after losing the tiebreak to the Cowboys, and their 10-6 or worse record will *not* be adequate to earn a Wildcard berth, especially because I see an 9-7 or 8-8 record as the more likely final record for the Giants. So the short answer here is that I predict that the Giants will miss the playoffs for the *third* straight year.

Why will the Bears fail to win a single playoff game?

The Bears have an easier schedule than the Giants, and will thus be more likely to at least enter the playoffs. Obviously, because the Packers are a lock to win the NFC North, the Bears will only enter the playoffs as the #5 or #6 seed, and will not have the Soldier Field home field advantage in the playoffs, and will be forced to win road games in the playoffs to advance, isntead of being gifted easy home games against inferior competition (which is what happened last year vs Seattle before they were exposed against the Packers). Without the homefield advantage, and with a weaker defense this year, and with the same awful offensive line, I have a hard time seeing the Bears beating quality competition in a playoff atmosphere. Especially because their offensive line, despite adjustments made by Mike Martz (leaving extra blockers in), is still one of the worst in the league and will undoubtedly struggle in a hostile and loud opposing stadium. I see yet another Jay Cutler meltdown against any quality opposition in the playoffs. I do not see Cutler being nearly effective enough to beat any of the following teams in the playoffs: San Francisco, Green Bay, New Orleans, or Dallas. And I also do *not* see the Bears' defense being nearly stout enough to pitch a near-shutout against any of those offenses (which will be necessary given that Cutler will struggle in opposing stadiums behind that offensive line), which will mean that the Bears will not be able to win with their defense alone, as they have in the past.

So, book it: Neither the Bears nor the Giants will win a single playoff game this year, and one or maybe even both teams will fail to even *make* the playoffs.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're wrong....will you leave the forums?

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
yes.

I will request that my account is deleted and I will never return.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
yes.

I will request that my account is deleted and I will never return.
Let's get a mod in here to verify this, because I desperately want it to happen. The collective IQ of the board would jump 20 points without this idiot feeding us PFF ******** 3 times a week.

Never thought I'd be rooting for the Bears or Giants, damn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Never thought I'd be rooting for the Bears or Giants, damn.
I hope we play each other.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
He's not on the level of Breed yet. Breed is just annoying and doesnt know much football. This guy atleast knows something.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES!!! I am now temporarily a Bears and Giants fan!!!
My hatred of Eli Manning will have to be put aside for now.

LETS GO ELI!! *clap* *clap* *clap clap clap*

LETS GO CUTLER!!! *clap* *clap* *clap clap clap*

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I hope we play each other.
You earned rep for this. Epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
He's not on the level of Breed yet. Breed is just annoying and doesnt know much football. This guy atleast knows something.
He knows that PFF watches EVERY SNAP. That means they know more, obviously.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You earned rep for this. Epic.
Haha. Thanks. Now once the seeding comes out and if that scenario comes to be true, can we have him banned at that exact moment. I'd rather not wait an extra week.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

Quote:
Haha. Thanks. Now once the seeding comes out and if that scenario comes to be true, can we have him banned at that exact moment. I'd rather not wait an extra week.
I didn't say they definitely wouldn't make the playoffs. I only guaranteed that they won't win a single playoff game between them. You have to wait until the Wildcard round is over before my predictions can be tested for veracity.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I didn't say they definitely wouldn't make the playoffs. I only guaranteed that they won't win a single playoff game between them. You have to wait until the Wildcard round is over before my predictions can be tested for veracity.
Apparently you are too dense to understand my scenario. Which is definitely possible.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

Quote:
Apparently you are too dense to understand my scenario. Which is definitely possible.
New York Giants are not winning the division. That I will guarantee.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If they play each other in the playoffs, one team will undoubtedly win the game, making your prediction invalid and your removal from the forums unavoidable. Therefore, if the seeding plays out and Round 1 is Bears-Giants, there's no reason not to have your stat-spewing ass removed immediately instead of waiting for the game to finish.
Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
New York Giants are not winning the division. That I will guarantee.
I know the Redskins are right?
Old 11-18-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

Quote:
It's going to be the Cowboys at this point.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if the bears play the giants in the wild card round...nevermind...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You do realize that if the playoffs started today, the Giants and Bears would be playing each other, right? Assuming that the second tie-breaker is conference wins in the wild card format.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Whoa, whoa...It's pretty obvious the Dream Team is still taking that division. Don't you know VY just wins gamezzz?

Seriously though, how great would it be if VY came in and led the Eagles to like, 7 straight wins after they just sunk 100 million into Vick? I'm getting all tingly just thinking about it.
Quote:
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
They winning the SB...duh!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
JBCX
Veteran

Quote:
If they play each other in the playoffs, one team will undoubtedly win the game, making your prediction invalid and your removal from the forums unavoidable. Therefore, if the seeding plays out and Round 1 is Bears-Giants, there's no reason not to have your stat-spewing ass removed immediately instead of waiting for the game to finish.
Part of my prediction, if you bothered to read my post, entailed the New York Giants not winning their division.
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's going to be the Cowboys at this point.
I'm with this guy. He's never wrong about everything he says. Never.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Part of my prediction, if you bothered to read my post, entailed the New York Giants not winning their division.
Actually, I don't bother to read much of anything you say, unless it involves your permanent removal from the forums. Seriously, best idea I've seen you post.
Quote:
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
LMAO

best. post. ever.

level of dumbness has got to be unparalleled

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
JBCX
Veteran

Quote:
Actually, I don't bother to read much of anything you say, unless it involves your permanent removal from the forums.
But that doesn't stop you from posting in my threads.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
But that doesn't stop you from posting in my threads.
Why would it? Berating you for your unending stupidity adds a bit of levity to an otherwise boring day of writing papers.
Quote: