Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-20-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These sanctions are a joke, a slap on the wrist...for a program like OSU, won't impact the program at all.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the only issue the team will have with it is Urban Meyer not getting the Bowl Practices next year to prep for Year 2. Obviously if they have a great year and win the division, that is harsh too.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I don't think that you can even put this in the same breath as USC's violations and the school actually self reported a lot of the violations
So since you self reported it you should be let off with a slap on the wrist? Its just the fact that people have done some ****** up stuff since the USC incident and there has been a few schools that have gotten away with it. Im not saying this as a SC homer, I'm saying it as a college football fan...the NCAA needs to be a lot more consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree this is total BS. Should have gotten 2 years minimum.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
So since you self reported it you should be let off with a slap on the wrist? Its just the fact that people have done some ****** up stuff since the USC incident and there has been a few schools that have gotten away with it. Im not saying this as a SC homer, I'm saying it as a college football fan...the NCAA needs to be a lot more consistent.
You are correct about the NCAA being a joke. It's horribly inconsistent.

OSU and USC aren't equivalents. I'm not saying one is better or worse than the other, they are two very different situations.

People need to stop with that. Far different levels of money. Different levels of third party involvement. And different level of school officials being involved.

After looking back, I am fine with a bowl ban, but it should have been this season. The NCAA dragged it's heels on this one to damage OSU further than the letter of their punishment. Oh well.

OSU isn't innocent, and I think there is a whole bunch more that didn't see the light of day that had nothing to do with JT. That would actually be quite a bit worse than USC.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the mob was involved with some characters in this affair, including the booster that was the main reason that this was worsened. Bobby DeGeronimo refused to cooperate with the NCAA.

He was involved with "jobs" with the likes of Teddy Ginn, Troy Smith, and many others.

Bobby D and Edward Rife (the tat parlor drug dealer) refused to cooperate. With the rumors and allegations going around for years, it sounds like there may have been some point shaving going on. No one is talking. Nothing would surprise me at this point. Charles Robinson tweeted that Bobby D refused to talk because he fears for his life. And I doubt that has anything to do with Les Wexner.

Supposedly, the mob is involved at quite a few major schools. The rumors involve Auburn and Alabama. And allegedly others. There are federal investigations that tie this stuff together.

Who knows if they see the light of day, but these rumors started BEFORE Tatgate, which itself only came to the light of day due to a leak from a federal investigation.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, this Tweet by Jay Bilas about the OSU sanctions sums it up well:

Quote:
JayBilas Jay Bilas
Son violated family rule. Self-imposed two week XBox ban. Wife and I will hold hearing, judgment by April. Will likely sanction his sister.
14 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry man but as I said earlier: On a monetary scale, the sum of the infractions made by OSU players doesn't even come close to the smallest violation against USC (about $7,000 worth of long distance telephone calls made from an AD phone by a student athlete [female tennis player] IIRC).

After that minor violation you can throw on two more players who made multiple major violations to USC's rap sheet. So yea... it's not even close when compared to USC

End of the day I am not upset with the penalty as it really doesn't affect us as badly. I'm pissed at Smith and want his head on a platter. My only real problem with the punishment is the lack of consistency that the NCAA has shown over the last 5 years if not longer...

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 12-20-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry man but as I said earlier: On a monetary scale, the sum of the infractions made by OSU players doesn't even come close to the smallest violation against USC (about $7,000 worth of long distance telephone calls made from an AD phone by a student athlete [female tennis player] IIRC).

After that minor violation you can throw on two more players who made multiple major violations to USC's rap sheet. So yea... it's not even close when compared to USC

End of the day I am not upset with the penalty as it really doesn't affect us as badly. I'm pissed at Smith and want his head on a platter. My only real problem with the punishment is the lack of consistency that the NCAA has shown over the last 5 years if not longer...
Exactly, you guys didnt get what we got. We got 2 years and what? 5 years of scholarship reductions. We lose 5 a year and can only have 75 players on our roster. But to think that you guys got it rough is comical.

Edit: we lost 30 scholarships, **** me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 12-21-2011 at 12:29 AM.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I've always hated bowl bans on teams. Doesn't punish the people that it should be punishing. Yes, its the same program and its really the only power the NCAA has, but it just sucks for the entire team that is banned that didn't do anything to deserve it.
What alternative is there? Make guys pay back their scholarships? Having to deal with that is part of being a team. I'm sure guys on the team knew what they were doing and decided to keep their mouths shut.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no question that USC got hammered much worse and that what they did was worse. I think OSU's punishment is pretty fair. I have no problem with that. The media/fans who think we should've gotten hit like USC have no clue what they are talking about and have no idea what the details to either case are or the magnitude of either one.

As I've already said, my only beef is with the bowl ban that could've been moved to this year if our administration wasn't so dumb and/or the people who were advising them weren't so full of it when they said there was no way we'd get a bowl ban. If we had self-imposed a bowl ban this year then there would be very little complaining from OSU fans right now. We're mad at our own people.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The NCAA ruled that those self-reported phone calls by the tennis player was a "major" violation and it formed a significant basis for LOIC. SC actually argued that the calls were "minor," but the NCAA disagreed.

There is some serious inconsistency by the NCAA here and at the end of the day, it should not matter if you are an Ohio St. fan if all you care about is how it affects your football program. This changes nothing in terms of your status to remain a power house. Despite SC getting a leg chopped off, you can see that they continue to attract very talented players and all you can do it tip your hat to them. I know that Lane Kiffin has a reputation of being a good recruiter, but it goes without saying that he is no Urban Meyer.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly, you guys didnt get what we got. We got 2 years and what? 5 years of scholarship reductions. We lose 5 a year and can only have 75 players on our roster. But to think that you guys got it rough is comical.

USC fans still blaming the NCAA instead of Mike Garrett and Reggie Bush. smh
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with USC is that they haven't even started to feel the punishment yet. If I'm not mistaken they were appealing the sanctions so the scholarship reductions haven't kicked in yet. The Bowl ban sentence is already served, but I don't think they've started playing with a 75 man roster yet. I could be wrong but that's what someone told me.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing with USC is that they haven't even started to feel the punishment yet. If I'm not mistaken they were appealing the sanctions so the scholarship reductions haven't kicked in yet. The Bowl ban sentence is already served, but I don't think they've started playing with a 75 man roster yet. I could be wrong but that's what someone told me.
Yeah, scholarship reductions kick in this year.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what do you guys make of this?

Ohio State fan: America is just a bunch of uneducated sports fans. Everybody is wrong. we are right.

^^ Im guessing that's the majority of the sentiment going around.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

what we learn from this map:

Ohio: biased towards Ohio State.

Rest of America: biased against Ohio State b/c they win every year.

Maine & New Hampshire: "we don't care about football, leave us alone"
Old 12-21-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That was my point. Well sort of.... I was saying that the situations aren't similar and therefore our punishment should not be similar. I don't know if it was you but someone said that we got off easily compared to USC. Yes our punishment was less because the infractions at USC trump ours by miles.

It's not that the sanctions are rough, I just happen to believe that the infractions don't equal the sanctions which we got. I'm not the only one; whatever legal source Je Schad consulted believes that there is no precedent set for this kind of punishment considering what went down.

It's not that this will hurt us in anyway, I mean just look at what the Urban higher is doing for our recruiting and incoming freshmen won't be deterred by a bowl ban for a year that they might not see the field anyway. The point is that it is harsh considering the circumstances

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 12-21-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what we learn from this map:

Ohio: biased towards Ohio State.

Rest of America: biased against Ohio State b/c they win every year.

Maine & New Hampshire: "we don't care about football, leave us alone"
what we learn from this post:

the world hates ohio statezzzz becuz theyre teh bezt

Last edited by sbh15 : 12-21-2011 at 04:33 PM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
what we learn from this post:

the world hates ohio statezzzz becuz theyre teh bezt
I don't think thats the point. Obviously most of the Ohio State fans are in Ohio so that state obviously went in a certain direction.

The same would occur if Florida got a sanction. everywhere else would think it wasn't enough and the state of Florida would find it harsh.

Don't try to act like this is the result of some unreal homerism on the fans parts and it wouldn't happen anywhere else

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-21-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think thats the point. Obviously most of the Ohio State fans are in Ohio so that state obviously went in a certain direction.

The same would occur if Florida got a sanction. everywhere else would think it wasn't enough and the state of Florida would find it harsh.

Don't try to act like this is the result of some unreal homerism on the fans parts and it wouldn't happen anywhere else
cmon you know it depends on the degree of the sanction.

If miami got the death penalty do you think there's gonna be a sports nation poll where 49 states and the rest of the world are claiming it to be too lenient?

if everyone's saying it's too lenient then maybe it's because too lenient.

btw i dont hate OSU at all, i actually thought they did the right thing, they fired Jim Tressel who was knowingly (and proved to be) hiding evidence so his players could play.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I guarantee you that if the same situation/same sanction occurred in another major CFB state, the state in question would be singing a different tune. I love that Alabama would call for blood after the whole Auburn ordeal.

I'll preface this by saying I respect almost nothing related to sports nation... It's the American Idol of sports and I don't know of two hosts who no less about the sports that they report on.

I don't see how you can honestly say that the sanctions were to lenient based on what actually happened. There were some fairly minor violations and a FTM charge... what exactly should have happened here?

2 year bowl ban? More sanctions? then your getting back into the argument of comparing this to USC's LOIC

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-21-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is no question that USC got hammered much worse and that what they did was worse. I think OSU's punishment is pretty fair. I have no problem with that. The media/fans who think we should've gotten hit like USC have no clue what they are talking about and have no idea what the details to either case are or the magnitude of either one.

As I've already said, my only beef is with the bowl ban that could've been moved to this year if our administration wasn't so dumb and/or the people who were advising them weren't so full of it when they said there was no way we'd get a bowl ban. If we had self-imposed a bowl ban this year then there would be very little complaining from OSU fans right now. We're mad at our own people.
uhhh what? Tressel flat out lied to the NCAA. More players were involved in the ohio state scandal.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
uhhh what? Tressel flat out lied to the NCAA. More players were involved in the ohio state scandal.
Per Paul Dee, "high-profile athletes demand high-profile compliance," so SC should have known that wannabe agents were funneling money to Bush's parents in San Diego, even though these allegations only surfaced after Bush declared for the draft.

In the case of Ohio State, no such "high profile" players exist, so it's a different case and standard altogether. Apples and Oranges.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
USC = 30 violations

OSU= 9 violations

/story

you apparently fall into this category:

Quote:
The media/fans who think we should've gotten hit like USC have no clue what they are talking about and have no idea what the details to either case are or the magnitude of either one.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
More players is probably the least influential statistic in either case.

The fact is that the 5 OSU players combined had less violations (and smaller violations) than the 3 USC players... and I'm getting really tired of reiterating it

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote: