Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-22-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Janoris Jenkins

Where do you guys see him being drafted?

Based on talent alone I think he's clearly the best CB in the draft. How much do his character concerns affect his draft status in April?
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:35 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post

Based on talent alone I think he's clearly the best CB in the draft. How much do his character concerns affect his draft status in April?

Late First. I haven't seen any of his play from this year, so I'm not sure how fair this is, but I'd take him over Mo.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see him in a Ravens uniform if he falls and others don't (Like Taze or Kuechly). Maybe Mike Adams or Konz over him but thats about it, he's next on my wish list and Oz is just the man to pull the trigger.

So yea, late first

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll probably go late first...can't see him escaping the first 10 picks in the second round. Carolina looks like a good spot for him.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Morris Claiborne is much more complete and far better IMO.

I think Jenkins will wind up in either Dallas or Cincinnati with one of their three combined first round picks.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
TheRubberDuck45
Rookie

TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJs stats suffered pretty badly this year. NO ONE would throw his way. He had 1 or 2 ints all year. But good grief he is one of the best punt returners I have ever seen.
TheRubberDuck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
He'll probably go late first...can't see him escaping the first 10 picks in the second round. Carolina looks like a good spot for him.
I would LOVE that to happen (as a Panthers fan).

I just worry about his legal issues. Has he kept his nose clean this year? He has all the talent in the world it's just whether he'll be suspended for half his career or not.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
Morris Claiborne is much more complete and far better IMO.

I think Jenkins will wind up in either Dallas or Cincinnati with one of their three combined first round picks.
Each to their own I guess. I much prefer Jenkins.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see "Dallas Cowboys" written all over this guy.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals almost seem like too good of a fit.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would LOVE that to happen (as a Panthers fan).

I just worry about his legal issues. Has he kept his nose clean this year? He has all the talent in the world it's just whether he'll be suspended for half his career or not.
I believe he got ejected from one game for getting into a fight. Wouldn't be a mark against most but with his issues it will be brought up. I don't think there has been any legal issues though. I agree and think he could be the best CB in the draft but he needs to get his head on straight. He won't get out of the first round so long as he doesn't get enticed by a little smoke between now and draft day

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
TheRubberDuck45
Rookie

TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did get ejected 1 time this year. He apparantly threw a punch from his back with 3 guys around him. The receiver he was covering went from 0 catches to like 8 including the game tying td in the 2nd half. (we lost in ot). Other than that 1 episode, he kept himself clean according to what has been reported. I wish him the best of luck.
TheRubberDuck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He measured in at 5'9. He is going to drop.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

191 is a good weight for him though.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
I see "Dallas Cowboys" written all over this guy.
Why? Because all you do is watch ESPN and wrongfully think Jerry Jones loves players with character concerns? The people things actually believe these days is hilarious.

If the Cowboys pick Jenkins, it will have nothing to do with Jerry not caring about his character issues, it will be because they need a CB and he is one of the best players left on their board.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being 5'9 hurts him, but I think his play and interviews will be more important. It's not a secret that if he stayed out of trouble he'd likely be a top 15 pick, so the practices is where he will get his chance to shine. I like Jenkins fit in Dallas...

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Being 5'9 hurts him . . . It's not a secret that if he stayed out of trouble he'd likely be a top 15 pick.
I can't see a 5'9" CB going top 15. He'll never be able to match up against #1s in the NFL. He's strictly a nickel DB at that size.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jenkins at 14 is pretty much impossible if the cowboys have any idea what they are doing because they have pretty much the exact same player in Orlando Scandrick who is 24 years old and locked up long term. Picking him would be stupid.

The only way Jenkins is a cowboys is if he falls to 45 and it's a great value.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I can't see a 5'9" CB going top 15. He'll never be able to match up against #1s in the NFL. He's strictly a nickel DB at that size.
Brent Grimes says hello from 5'7"
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pros knew he was 5'9" and they according to Mayock, rank him even with his character issues, as the 2nd CB in the draft. That is pretty impressive and a sure sign he has top 10 talent, IMO.
I don't know if he will go top 15 but it won't be because of talent but because his character issues will make him drop substantially.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Brent Grimes says hello from 5'7"
Brent Grimes also says hello I'm overrated and would get pooped on by any top 20 WR in the NFL one on one. He's an above average number 2 CB who is overrated because of the year he had 6 INT's and it's a nice story because of his size and he was undrafted from Shippensburg and went to NFL Europe before making it in the NFL.

He's an middle-tier CB who can be above average from time to time. Spending a first or even second round pick on a player of that skill set is a terrible reach. Throw Brent Grimes in this NFL draft where teams know what he will turn into in the NFL, and I doubt he is even a 1st round pick.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default He's 5'9"....

has a documented substance abuse issue and lacks elite speed. How is he a first rounder again???
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Brent Grimes also says hello I'm overrated and would get pooped on by any top 20 WR in the NFL one on one. He's an above average number 2 CB who is overrated because of the year he had 6 INT's and it's a nice story because of his size and he was undrafted from Shippensburg and went to NFL Europe before making it in the NFL.

He's an middle-tier CB who can be above average from time to time. Spending a first or even second round pick on a player of that skill set is a terrible reach. Throw Brent Grimes in this NFL draft where teams know what he will turn into in the NFL, and I doubt he is even a 1st round pick.

I think I love you, I couldn't agree more. +rep good sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
has a documented substance abuse issue and lacks elite speed. How is he a first rounder again???
I don't know what his speed is, we'll find that out at the combine. However, he is an aggressive ball hawk with outstanding instincts and awareness. He blankets receivers in man or zone. He has that special ability to get his hands on a ball. Teams looking for a playmaker will be enamored by his ability.
Character issues will be a hot topic when scouts and GM's talk about this prospect. How far it drops him is anybody's guess?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post

You do not warrant the effort it would require to apply more keystrokes than this. You're foolish, he's a #1 CB, always has been since he became a starter, and has matched up extremely well with everyone he's been across for the last 2+ seasons. 4 years ago he was raw and abused, he became a polished finish product...ask Drew Brees.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote