Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-23-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't write off Janoris Jenkins because he's 5'9" (closer to 5'10"). Asante Samuel is smaller than that, and has carved out a first round worthy career in the NFL, and in reality Jenkis is very similar and perhaps even better in man coverage.

All I can say is that he held AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Alshon Jeffrey to something like a combined 120 yards in 2010, and none of those guys are lacking in the height department. I'd be more than happy to use a late first to get Jenkins if of course his interviews and background checks go well enough.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
You do not warrant the effort it would require to apply more keystrokes than this. You're foolish, he's a #1 CB, always has been since he became a starter, and has matched up extremely well with everyone he's been across for the last 2+ seasons. 4 years ago he was raw and abused, he became a polished finish product...ask Drew Brees.
You must be a falcons fan... you mad bro?

You can think whatever you want of grimes. He's an average player with physical limitations. If you want to leave him on an island with my #1 WR, i'll gladly take 10 catches for 180 yards and 2 touchdowns on the way to a convincing victory.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This height argument is ridiculous. Is it a cause for concern? Probably, but in reality if you look at the 3 of the best cornerbacks in the league: Darrelle Revis, Joe Haden, and Jonathan Joseph they're all roughly 5'11".

Are you saying Jenkins has no shot in the NFL because he's an inch and a half shorter than them? Are we also going to discount the fact that when you watch him he looks like the second best of cover guy in this class? Jenkins is one of the most natural ballhawks in this class, and despite his lack of elite timed speed and height everything we've seen of him has shown that he's proficient in man coverage.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brent Grimes says hello from 5'7"
He's listed at 5'10", so I'll just wonder if you are confused or not. And he's basically average.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
I see "Dallas Cowboys" written all over this guy.
Mike Jenkins penalizes him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
This height argument is ridiculous. Is it a cause for concern? Probably, but in reality if you look at the 3 of the best cornerbacks in the league: Darrelle Revis, Joe Haden, and Jonathan Joseph they're all roughly 5'11".

Are you saying Jenkins has no shot in the NFL because he's an inch and a half shorter than them? Are we also going to discount the fact that when you watch him he looks like the second best of cover guy in this class? Jenkins is one of the most natural ballhawks in this class, and despite his lack of elite timed speed and height everything we've seen of him has shown that he's proficient in man coverage.
I agree with this from the height standpoint. For starters, he measured in at 5'9 3/4'' so he is pretty much 5'10''. I doubt 1/4th of an inch will have any effect on any play he makes in the NFL. That's 2 millimeters. Most cornerbacks are in the 5'10'' to 5'11'' range. It's not like it's that big of a deal. Now I don't think Janoris is a top 15 kind of prospect, but the height thing isn't that big of a deal. It's not like he's barely 5'8'' or something.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to know your thoughts on.....

Pick #29 CB Janoris Jenkins which moves CB Jimmy Smith over to FS Eddie Reed's replacement

Your arguement may be.... 5'9'' CB

Then I reply....Not implying he is the same exact guy, but Finnegan has been a terror with his size & in all actuality Jenkins is the #1 CB off the board this year if it weren't for the off the field issues.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 01-23-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just re-watched his highlights from 2010 with florida... all i can say is wow. he is draped all over these guys every time he's guarding them. i would probably take him over any other corner in this draft

jones: 4 catches, 19 yards
green: 3 catches, 27 yards (had a td catch, but not with jenkins on him)
jeffrey: 5 catches, 41 yards (1 catch for 12 yards against another corner)
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Janoris Jenkins is everything Mike Jenkins was suppose to be.

The guy has the ability to be an elite cover corner in the NFL. Just a matter of whether or not he is mentally ready for that.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:50 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy will fall to the second round because of red flags
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:17 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Pick #29 CB Janoris Jenkins which moves CB Jimmy Smith over to FS Eddie Reed's replacement
Jimmy Smith struck me as an elite boundary corner. He just needs time to develop. Moving him to FS may be an OK idea, but I think it's the wrong one. He's not a great interceptor. He's more of a pass defender.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:23 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
He's listed at 5'10", so I'll just wonder if you are confused or not. And he's basically average.
Ever stood next to him? He's 5'7 on a good day.

Average, how's leading the NFL in PBU setting a record last year average, not to mention he also had several interceptions and went to the Pro Bowl. So yeah, you go ahead and believe whatever you want you delusional people, I'm not even a Grimes fan, but to say he's average is just stupid.

CDCB14-He doesn't get out of position and he doesn't get abused, 4 years ago he did, he's not the same player anymore. So if you haven't watched the Falcons play the last 2 years and haven't watched Grimes then you don't have any room to talk in this conversation.

So your 10 catches for 180 and 2 TDs, ain't gunna happen. It doesn't happen, that might against Dunta Robinson while being used in a scheme that doesn't suit his skill set, but it didn't happen to Grimes. So, you go on back to puffin on whatever it is you choose, and just leave the football talk to people who actually have a clue.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grimes is very good people.

But on the subject, I'm a big Janoris fan. He's definitely not better than Mo, but I'd seriously consider giving him the #2 spot.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ever stood next to him? He's 5'7 on a good day.

i played basketball with him at ship once....hes 5-7

and can dunk :-(
Old 01-24-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i played basketball with him at ship once....hes 5-7

and can dunk :-(
Lol ya, ask Drew Brees about his vert lol. Freaking insane how high that dude can sky.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jimmy Smith struck me as an elite boundary corner. He just needs time to develop. Moving him to FS may be an OK idea, but I think it's the wrong one. He's not a great interceptor. He's more of a pass defender.
I seen the range Sunday, but the move could benefit this D who will lose out sooner then later with Reed & Lewis aging.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 01-24-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, every Ravens fan shut down the idea in our forum. Smith's size advantage at CB is far too good to give up by moving him to S.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
The guy will fall to the second round because of red flags
I hope he falls to the Panthers in the second round.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
... you mad bro?

That's a paddlin'

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Day One Pick
Veteran

Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll be a top 15-20 pick. Could even go higher if he can impress teams during the interview process. Talent wise he's top 10.
Day One Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The dude can play. I don't know where he will go, but I think that he is a 1st round talent.