Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-10-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Lol at Les Miles. Might have been the most poorly coached offensive performance I've seen ever.

I don't think Lee would have helped anyway, it seems that Miles was content with trying to throw screens and short passes.

And LOL at people still getting mad at the SEC for being better than their ****** conference.
well it helps when your players have a 5th grade education.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I see the BCS is meeting today to change its format after the TV results showed a drop of 14% in viewers for the championship game.

Possibly a playoff is looming or a team like Alabama which didn't win its conference or even play in its conference championship game, will be automatically eliminated in the future.

After all, nobody outside the SEC believes Alabama even deserved to be in the game, having a month to prepare for LSU since their schedule ended far earlier than LSU. IMO, you give Saban a month to prepare for a game with the motivation of having lost the first game and LSU had little chance to win the game.
Hope they come up with a system that works for everyone but anyways I saw the title game as LSU had everything to lose & it showed. Bama had 44 days off while LSU had 37. Obviously the overconfident & cocky team got humbled quite easily. Now they have motivation like Bama did back in 08 to come back next year even stronger.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
well it helps when your players have a 5th grade education.

I don't really care, I don't tune in to debate over who has the best math score, I like to watch football players play football. Not that you really care either, but I know it helps some people feel better about being lesser teams.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't really care, I don't tune in to debate over who has the best math score, I like to watch football players play football. Not that you really care either, but I know it helps some people feel better about being lesser teams.
And this is why people hate that pos that is the SEC.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer knowing that my team's Communications, Sports Management and General Studies students are getting a far more prestigious degree than those in the SEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
I prefer knowing that my team's Communications, Sports Management and General Studies students are getting a far more prestigious degree than those in the SEC.
You forgot Kinesiology.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
The game drew a 13.6, down 14% from last year's NC.

ESPN is gonna take it in the shorts if they continue with the sec over hyperbole. Viewer fatigue is setting in already.
Yea, blame it all on ESPN. Not like the SEC isn't consistently winning National Championships and winning bowl games though. I'm sure it's purely made up more then anything.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
And this is why people hate that pos that is the SEC.
Why do you have to sound like such a bitter, mad, hater because your school isn't in the SEC? I'm pretty bias in this, but you sound jealous and mad. Yea, SEC keeps winning National Championships so lets talk about the education level and how well someone speaks into a microphone. Not like it's a football discussion about a football game or anything, but when your grasping for straws....

You still have to be academically eligible, yes I realize how easy that can be done now a days and how much help/cheating athletes get/do to pass, but some still don't make the cut even with all that.

I don't care about any of that either on the football field. Unless this debate turned into trying to grade schools on an all-around level. It's just annoying to see people get mad for some reason so let's try and knock the SEC anyway possible. Like you would have turned your nose up at any of those big time SEC athletes if they came out west. Gtfoh with that.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea, blame it all on ESPN. Not like the SEC isn't consistently winning National Championships and winning bowl games though. I'm sure it's purely made up more then anything.
Why was this the lowest rated BCS championship game ever? It's because the rest of the country is sick of the hyperbole.

All we see on ESPN week in and week out is rah rah SEC, and a bunch of doofuses chanting SEC (because their teams were losers and they decided to rally behind a rival team).

LSU and Bama were in a class of their own a very bad year for CFB.

Year in and year out the past six seasons has shown the SEC produces a great team or two every year. Particularly the SEC West, where oversigning is rampant. Florida did it with a great coach that looked the other way when his players got into trouble.

I don't like oversigning. You couple that with the greatest college coach in the land in Saban, and it's deadly.

Most conferences forbid it. Most SEC East colleges forbid it. It's a proven advantage and it's an ethically poor one.

If teams weren't allowed to oversign, the SEC would still be the best conference, but there wouldn't be such a dominant team or two every year. It's simple math.

So I don't know if jealous is the word, but bitter, yes. ESPN hypes the **** out of the SEC (despite how crappy the conference was this year) and does nothing to investigate schools as they have too big of a business relationship.

It sucks. I hope NBC or Fox can put a big dent in their stranglehold on CFB.

I don't even hate the SEC. I just hate the ridiculously imbalanced coverage and WWE style over the top hype that is poured into their productions on ESPN and CBS.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What we need is FBS-A, FBS-B, and FBS-C.

Then play like they do in European "Football". There are far too many teams to decide a champion with any method (and let's be honest... an FBS-C team isn't really in the running in any given year and neither is an FBS-B team).

Think about it for a second. In the NFL, the playoffs take 32 teams and make them 12.

In the FBS, you have 120 teams and are discussing making a playoff between 4-8 teams. Everyone will just start bitching that team 5 or team 9 not screwed and they should expand the tournament.

Just create 3 groupings: 40 teams in FBS-A, 40 Teams in FBS-B, and the remainder in FBS-C. Then we can have 3 national champions. Or 4 and have a 4 team playoff to determine the FBS champion.

Last edited by descendency : 01-10-2012 at 05:50 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

Then play like they do in European "Football". There are far too many teams to decide a champion with any method (and let's be honest... an FBS-C team isn't really in the running in any given year and neither is an FBS-B team).

Think about it for a second. In the NFL, the playoffs take 32 teams and make them 12.

In the FBS, you have 120 teams and are discussing making a playoff between 4-8 teams. Everyone will just start bitching that team 5 or team 9 not screwed and they should expand the tournament.

Just create 3 groupings: 40 teams in FBS-A, 40 Teams in FBS-B, and the remainder in FBS-C. Then we can have 3 national champions. Or 4 and have a 4 team playoff to determine the FBS champion.
That would make entirely too much sense. But you nailed it. A bunch of teams and hardly and cross correlation (which is why all of those computer rankings are garbage as well).
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

It would be extremely difficult to determine which teams would make each grouping, unless you make it determined by geography.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well yeah, ESPN is to blame, the SEC circle jerks are to blame. But the biggest thing I have to blame is the rediculous 6 week lay off man. Thats just outrageous man. Hopefully they discuss the plus 1 first for me. And then get rid of the 5 to 6 week layoff. Thats like a whole other ******* season man.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think now ESPN will be pumping for the playoff vs BCS now that they created the snooze fest that is the SEC hype.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why do you have to sound like such a bitter, mad, hater because your school isn't in the SEC? I'm pretty bias in this, but you sound jealous and mad. Yea, SEC keeps winning National Championships so lets talk about the education level and how well someone speaks into a microphone. Not like it's a football discussion about a football game or anything, but when your grasping for straws....

You still have to be academically eligible, yes I realize how easy that can be done now a days and how much help/cheating athletes get/do to pass, but some still don't make the cut even with all that.

I don't care about any of that either on the football field. Unless this debate turned into trying to grade schools on an all-around level. It's just annoying to see people get mad for some reason so let's try and knock the SEC anyway possible. Like you would have turned your nose up at any of those big time SEC athletes if they came out west. Gtfoh with that.
yeah but when your schools coaches teachers try to cut corners so your "student" athletes can play you skew the playing field. And there's definite cheating going on then that says something. (I'm one to talk being an SC fan but still...)

There's suppose to be some sense of integrity in College Football.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only unfair advantage the SEC has is that the players in their talent pool are better at football. Lets stop trying to make this into something it isn't.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only unfair advantage the SEC has is that the players in their talent pool are better at football. Lets stop trying to make this into something it isn't.

LSU looked very talented last night.

:/

Last edited by Punisher : 01-10-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post

Yeah, I agree. Everywhere except one position. Those defensive linemen and corners are studs.

This entire ESPN has an agenda to push the SEC thing is ridiculous. You guys are better than that. Entirely better than that. It's more in ESPN's best interests to push conferences like the ACC and Big Ten even, if you want to get into media markets and advertising dollars.

Quote:
That's the reality of it. Anything else is just pure, unadulterated(and despite verbose attempts to justify it) butthurt.

...and this is coming from someone who has zero interest in the SEC being a college football power. I would prefer for things to be divided differently as well. But that's not the reality of it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-10-2012 at 07:38 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, I agree. Everywhere except one position. Those defensive linemen and corners are studs.

This entire ESPN has an agenda to push the SEC thing is ridiculous. You guys are better than that. Entirely better than that. It's more in ESPN's best interests to push conferences like the ACC and Big Ten even, if you want to get into media markets and advertising dollars.
yet they have a contract with the SEC to show their games on their network?

EDIT: anyways... the sec only really had two elite teams this past year. I'm fairly confident Stanford & Ok state would have beaten arkansas

Last edited by soybean : 01-10-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yet they have a contract with the SEC to show their games on their network?
They have a similar deal with the ACC, that actually pays more out per year, if I'm not mistaken.

That deal is fairly recent, anyway. You guys are talking as if it's what's determined every National Championship ever.

I have no great love for ESPN and they certainly want to make sure they get the most out of their deal, but take off the tinfoil hats.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
yeah but when your schools coaches teachers try to cut corners so your "student" athletes can play you skew the playing field. And there's definite cheating going on then that says something. (I'm one to talk being an SC fan but still...)

There's suppose to be some sense of integrity in College Football.
Oh yea that's right, I forgot, the SEC is the only place things like that happen. Wahhhhhh.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why do fans of opposing rival teams chant SEC? It doesn't make sense.

Yeah the talent pool is better, but its mostly in the coaching and getting a large amount of that talent. Well most of the bigger and better SEC teams recruit all over the country and don't limit them selfs. So everyone really has access to the talent pool.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all but ESPN definitely has an agenda to push and they do it well. This includes SEC football, ACC basketball, and a lot of other stuff for which they have deals. Why do you think very respected reporters like Forde and Feldman left ESPN? They knew what was going on. ESPN is it's own business though so of course they're going to do what's in their best interests.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh yea that's right, I forgot, the SEC is the only place things like that happen. Wahhhhhh.
Not the only place but the place that does it the most. Don't be naive.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post

Not an LSU fan, they got pasted and should be ashamed. Doesn't mean they aren't better than everyone else outside of the SEC.

I just don't understand why everyone is pretending ESPN is propping up the SEC to be something that it isn't, or that the SEC isn't dominating college football.... they're talking about how much better the SEC is, because the SEC is consistently dominating.