Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-11-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Barkley and Woods/Lee vs. LSU or Bama's defensive backfield would be a hell of a match. Hopefully USC can stay healthy this year so we can see it. With 75 players it will be mighty tough.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC vs. LSU would be a hella good matchup. Too bad Claiborne will be gone (him vs Woods ZOMGZ)...I think both of those guys would abuse the Honey Badger.

BTW, I think this USC LB group has the potential to be the best one the school has seen in a LONG time.

Not quite as physically intimidating as the Rey/Cush/Rivers group...but Jesus Christ they are ******* athletes and they run and hit. I <3 Hayes Pullard.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post

The entire conference pissing contest is dumb, IMO. And, really, it wouldn't exist without the BCS making teams/fans feel like they have to root for their rivals to do well so it props them up by default. Stupid system.
If you really had to pencil me in somewhere I guess I would fall into the USC bandwagon since I live about 15 minutes away but really I enjoy CFB more without being completely attached to a team. I usually watch to see players I like or am interested in.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
If you really had to pencil me in somewhere I guess I would fall into the USC bandwagon since I live about 15 minutes away but really I enjoy CFB more without being completely attached to a team. I usually watch to see players I like or am interested in.
That's how I am (slight, casual attachment to UF), but I intensely dislike college football fanboyism.

Really, I just like players, and there's always new ones to fall in love with.

Sounded ***, but w/e.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
USC vs. LSU would be a hella good matchup. Too bad Claiborne will be gone (him vs Woods ZOMGZ)...I think both of those guys would abuse the Honey Badger.

BTW, I think this USC LB group has the potential to be the best one the school has seen in a LONG time.

Not quite as physically intimidating as the Rey/Cush/Rivers group...but Jesus Christ they are ******* athletes and they run and hit. I <3 Hayes Pullard.
As a collegiate squad this LB squad is the fastest in the nation. Bailey and Pullard are so instinctive, but Lamar Dawson is the gem that needs to catch on. If Lamar Dawson can grasp Monte's complex scheme this year...WATCH OUT

Not an elite defense, but it doesn't need to be to beat an SEC squad. ;)

Robert Woods vs. Morris Clairborne
Marquis Lee vs. Honey Badger

^That's paper view worthy! haha
Old 01-11-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Real talk we got robbed out of some great title matchups in the past. I wanted to see USC v AU, USC v LSU & a potential USC v UF game badly oh & DraftSavant don't forget Javier Arenas off that 09 defense.

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 01-11-2012 at 04:34 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's how I am (slight, casual attachment to UF), but I intensely dislike college football fanboyism.

Really, I just like players, and there's always new ones to fall in love with.

Sounded ***, but w/e.
I love the sport of college football. Love the way it plays, love to watch it...but I could do without the "conference pissing contests" as well. It's so hard to separate that stuff for some people. It seems like it's more about ad hominem ******** than it is about the football sometimes. Maybe that's the draw for some people, but eh. I could certainly do without that. I sort of like being from the East Coast and not having any involvement in all of it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just as an aside, the Alabama defense only played one team ranked inside the top 84 offenses in CFB.

Yes, they are very good. No, they are not the greatest ever.
I'd like to know which of North Texas, Arkansas, Florida, Vanderbilt, LSU(x2 no less), Miss St and Auburn you are counting as all those teams were inside the top 84 offenses, even though they played Alabama's defense. By my count, that is 8 of their games being against top 84 offenses, but yeah... keep making things up to try and discredit them, it's not like they didn't have the first shutout in BCS history or anything.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I'd like to know which of North Texas, Arkansas, Florida, Vanderbilt, LSU(x2 no less), Miss St and Auburn you are counting as all those teams were inside the top 84 offenses, even though they played Alabama's defense. By my count, that is 8 of their games being against top 84 offenses, but yeah... keep making things up to try and discredit them, it's not like they didn't have the first shutout in BCS history or anything.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...m/_/stat/total 10 characters

Mississippi State
Arkansas
LSU

were all in the top 84. <-- kind of an arbitrary number.

their toughest competition was Arkansas at 28.

Last edited by soybean : 01-11-2012 at 11:33 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
I wanted to see USC v AU, USC v LSU
Those 2 games....wow I wanted to see those more than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I got the info off of a blog. They used USA Today's chart. They appear to be incorrect doubly as it should be 75 (LSU's offensive rank) not 84. Arkansas was the only team in the regular season in the top 75. I just looked at the date and it was from pre-bowls.

Soybean's link is better and more uptodate. With MSU at 72 and LSU at 57.

The point is, they played very poor offenses. The 84 the guy used I'm assuming because that was the next highest ranked offense according to his sloppy research.

Also, your posting style is quite confrontational for absolutely no reason. Maybe you are just testy because your fantasy footy team is underperforming.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
As a collegiate squad this LB squad is the fastest in the nation. Bailey and Pullard are so instinctive, but Lamar Dawson is the gem that needs to catch on. If Lamar Dawson can grasp Monte's complex scheme this year...WATCH OUT

Not an elite defense, but it doesn't need to be to beat an SEC squad. ;)

Robert Woods vs. Morris Clairborne
Marquis Lee vs. Honey Badger
I absolutely love our new linebacking corps. They sacrificed a lot of size that they have had in the past with guys like Rivers/Cushing/Rey/Matthews and replaced it with the speed they have now...I think they needed to find ways to neutralize the Oregon speed so they got a little smaller but faster. Dawson is going to be the real deal in the middle, and I cant wait to see him develop.

And god damn, I woulda loved to see that WR/CB match up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alabama won in basketball tonight, that should make it official!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...m/_/stat/total 10 characters

Mississippi State
Arkansas
LSU

were all in the top 84. <-- kind of an arbitrary number.

their toughest competition was Arkansas at 28.

Final offensive rankings of the teams Alabama played.

Kent State- 119
Penn State- 95
North Texas- 96
Florida- 105
Vanderbilt- 98
Ole Miss- 114
Tennessee- 104
LSU- 86
Mississippi State- 84
Auburn- 100
Georgia Southern- FCS School
Arkansas- 29

The stat is completely correct. Alabama played on offense ranked higher than 84. You sorted by total yards. The 84 statistic was based on yards per game. LSU played 14 games. Mississippi State played in 13. Other teams played just 12 so total yards isn't really a fair comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Last edited by jrdrylie : 01-12-2012 at 08:40 AM.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Final offensive rankings of the teams Alabama played.

Kent State- 119
Penn State- 95
North Texas- 96
Florida- 105
Vanderbilt- 98
Ole Miss- 114
Tennessee- 104
LSU- 86
Mississippi State- 84
Auburn- 100
Georgia Southern- FCS School
Arkansas- 29

The stat is completely correct. Alabama played on offense ranked higher than 84. You sorted by total yards. The 84 statistic was based on yards per game. LSU played 14 games. Mississippi State played in 13. Other teams played just 12 so total yards isn't really a fair comparison.
Excellent catch.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Cant see how you could say those Florida and Alabama teams would handle the 2004 and 2005 teams easily. USC beat an undefeated Oklahoma team in the orange bowl something like 55-17.

Hard to compare differant teams, i'll certainly give anyone that, but the pro-style offense that USC was running when Leinart was there is just a whole differant type of dynamic to deal with as opposed to what LSU ran out there the other night.
I agree, in fact USC probably blows Alabama/LSU out of the water.

OFFENSE
Steve Smith WR
Dwayne Jarrett WR
Sam Baker LT
Ryan Kalil OC
Winston Justice RT
LenDale White FB
Reggie Bush RB
Matt Leinart QB

DEFENSE
Shaun Cody DE
Lawrence Jackson DE
Sedrick Ellis DT
Lofa Tatupu MLB

Steve Smith WR
Dwayne Jarrett WR
Sam Baker LT
Ryan Kalil OC
Taitusi Lutui OG
Winston Justice RT
Reggie Bush RB
LenDale White FB
Matt Leinart QB

DEFENSE
Lawrence Jackson DE
Sedrick Ellis DT
Keith Rivers OLB
Brian Cushing OLB
Rey Maulaluga ILB
Eric Wright CB
Terrell Thomas CB

The balance of stars on offense and defense plus an All American QB would have left offense starved LSU and Alabama in their dust.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate these arguments though, because football isn't played on paper, and everyone is always right anyway so it could go in circles for days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember the time that high powered offense averaging easily over 50 points per game went into the NC against the SEC champs and finished with only 14 points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Remember the time that high powered offense averaging easily over 50 points per game went into the NC against the SEC champs and finished with only 14 points?
No. Refresh me.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
No. Refresh me.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
Thought he was referring to SC...

Oklahoma always chokes in big games. SEC or not...
Old 01-14-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thought he was referring to SC...

Oklahoma always chokes in big games. SEC or not...

Apparently it's not just Oklahoma, but every one of Oklahoma's 'best' offenses of the past decade that nobody else could stop, were completely shut down by SEC defenses.

The Big-12 is something like 0-6 or 0-7 against the SEC in BCS games. Oklahoma St. would've been another sacrificial lamb.

2004 BCS National Championship:

LSU - 21 Oklahoma - 14 (this Sooner offense was also held to 14 points on offense by a 4-9 Bama team earlier in the season. I remember this offense literally being referred to as the "best ever". Go look at the scores they posted on non-SEC opponents)

2006 Cotton Bowl:

Alabama - 13 Texas Tech - 10 (Bama held this 'high powered' offense to 3 points for the first 58 minutes of the game)

2007 BCS National Championship:

Florida - 41 Ohio St. - 14 (nuff said)

2008 BCS National Championship:

LSU - 38 Ohio St. - 24 (ahem...)

2008 Sugar Bowl:

Georgia - 41 Hawaii - 10 (This is the year Hawaii was undefeated and Colt Brennan set the NCAA record for TD passes in a single season)

2009 BCS National Championship:

Alabama - 37 Texas - 21 (Greg McElroy played this game with 3 broken ribs, and barely threw for 50 yard. Texas had the "#1 ranked" rush defense in the country. Both Bama's tailbacks rushed for over 100 yards)

2011 BCS National Championship:

Auburn - 22 Oregon - 19 (Oregon's offense was 'unstoppable'. Auburn had one of the worst defenses in the SEC.)

2011 Regular Season:

LSU - 47 Oregon - 21 (Another unstoppable Oregon offense. Until they play an SEC defense)

2011 Regular Season:

LSU - 40 West Virginia - 27 (This offense was down 27-7 at halftime. The ACC Champion gave up the same number of TD's to this offense in one night in the Orange Bowl that Alabama gave up all season defensively (9)

There's several more Cotton Bowl defeats the Big-12 suffered at the hands of the SEC (Oklahoma St. vs. Ole Miss) and regular season thrashings (LSU vs. Texas A&M, Arkansas vs. Texas A&M, etc.) that I've left out. But anyone can research those for themselves.

Last edited by JHL6719 : 01-14-2012 at 01:00 PM.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=JHL6719;2824002]Apparently it's not just Oklahoma, but every one of Oklahoma's 'best' offenses of the past decade that nobody else could stop, were completely shut down by SEC defenses.

The Big-12 is something like 0-6 or 0-7 against the SEC in BCS games. Oklahoma St. would've been another sacrificial lamb.

Stoops, the Oklahoma HC cannot beat anybody in a Bowl game. Heck, he lost to Boise St. so using him as an example of SEC dominance is a total waste of time.

I notice you ignore every game the SEC has lost, like the West Virginia upset of Georgia in a major Bowl game a few years ago.

The SEC is clearly the best conference in America but they do lose games outside their conference. USC destroyed Tennessee a couple of times with their great teams while Tennessee did pretty well in SEC games.

IMO, Oklahoma St. earned the right to play LSU for the National Championship, Alabama only got in the game because of their national reputation vs a Oklahoma St. who is just a recent good team.
I'm not saying LSU wouldn't have destroyed Oklahoma St. but at least Oklahoma St. won their conference while Alabama didn't even get in their conference championship game.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Iamcanadian;2824099]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Apparently it's not just Oklahoma, but every one of Oklahoma's 'best' offenses of the past decade that nobody else could stop, were completely shut down by SEC defenses.

Stoops, the Oklahoma HC cannot beat anybody in a Bowl game. Heck, he lost to Boise St. so using him as an example of SEC dominance is a total waste of time.

I notice you ignore every game the SEC has lost, like the West Virginia upset of Georgia in a major Bowl game a few years ago.

The SEC is clearly the best conference in America but they do lose games outside their conference. USC destroyed Tennessee a couple of times with their great teams while Tennessee did pretty well in SEC games.

IMO, Oklahoma St. earned the right to play LSU for the National Championship, Alabama only got in the game because of their national reputation vs a Oklahoma St. who is just a recent good team.
I'm not saying LSU wouldn't have destroyed Oklahoma St. but at least Oklahoma St. won their conference while Alabama didn't even get in their conference championship game.

Boise St. beat an Oklahoma team by ONE gimmick play. An Oklahoma team that was using one of their WR's to play quarterback. Not the same as facing the Oklahoma offenses with Heisman Trophy winners Jason White or Sam Bradford. The fact that you don't realize that says enough. Stick to hockey.

Notre Dame, USC, Ohio St., Michigan, the old Big East Champion, etc. have all been playing in national championship games without even playing in a conference championship for decades while the SEC had a conference championship. Shut the **** up.

Until all conferences are playing a conference championship game, the argument is nothing but garbage and envy. All conferences aren't equal to begin with.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
USC destroyed Tennessee a couple of times with their great teams while Tennessee did pretty well in SEC games.
How far you reaching back into the memory banks for that one? I've been a UT fan my whole life and can't say I've ever seen us close to playing a game with USC.