Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-27-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default OC

here's a crazy idea for OC.....what about Norv?yeah the guy sucks as a HC but as an OC he's one of the best.RAC HC/DC, Norv Turner, OC
Old 12-27-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Sark
Rookie

Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sark is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that's crazy at all. He is a good offensive mind and has been a really good offensive coordinator.
Sark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Norv here in a split ******* second, but I don't think he'd come here.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just looking over some coaching staffs that are going to be blown up, and finding some familiar names that the Chiefs are likely to look at bringing in.

The Dolphins are a prime feeding ground for the Chiefs as they look for offensive coaches.

Brian Daboll was a solid WR coach for the Pats before going to the Jets to be their QB coach. He's been the offensive coordinator for the Browns and this year's Dolphins. He's done a surprisingly solid job calling plays this year in a bad situation. He was a bad OC in Cleveland. Could be a WR or QB coach for the Chiefs, especially if McDaniels is brought in as expected.

Tony Sparano was a great OL coach for the Cowboys before taking over the HC gig under Parcells' Dolphins. He's not OC material...more of an OL coach with a special title.

Dave DeGuglielmo has done a solid job as the OL coach under Sparano. With Muir possibly retiring or just gone anyway, good younger blood with experience should be valued at this position.

Tony Sparano Jr, the younger Sparano, is a good candidate to bring in as an Assistant OL or TE coach (currently OQC for the Dolphins). You always want to have a few good, young coaches with potential on your staff and this is one.

Bryan Cox is currently the Pass Rush coach for the Dolphins. He played under Romeo Crennel with Anthony Pleasant in New England and has been an assistant under Mangini previously. He is a good candidate to come in when coaches are inevitably moved around on the defensive side this off-season.

Ron Prince, the ex-K-State head coach, is an Asst OL coach for the Colts. Regional familiarity and need for coaches at his specialty area make him a candidate for the Chiefs. Possibly a long-shot, but an option.

Jeff Davidson, currently the OL coach for the Vikings... Has a long history with both Crennel and McDaniels. He's been mostly a TE and OL coach. Also has been a (failed) OC at a few stops.

And another possibility is Brian Ferentz, who is the current TE coach for the Patriots. He's been an assistant OL coach and TE coach. Not sure if they could give him a bump in title enough to pry him from New England, though.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:30 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to build an offensive staff based on what's available and what the Chiefs already have, here's my shot at it:

OC/QB: Josh McDaniels
Asst QB: Nick Siriani
WR: Brian Daboll
RB/Asst HC: Maurice Carthon
TE: Bernie Parmalee
OL: Tony Sparano
OQC: Tony Sparano Jr

I just think that's a good group. The only hold up is how well Sparano's OL philosophy translates to the current talent and to McD's Offense. In that event, you probably hope Davidson gets canned or roll with a likely more flexible Dave DeGuglielmo.

Might even move Bernie Parmalee to ST if you feel so strongly about Steve Hoffman. Bernie has 8 years experience coaching special teams for the Dolphins and Notre Dame before he came to KC to be the TE coach.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some interesting names of this list.

Let me throw in another that has been tossed around...Mel Tucker. Tucker was the DC under RAC at Cleveland and is currently the interim HC with the Jags. If the new owner decides to make a big splash or simply go with an offensive guy (or both), Tucker should be available.

"Under Tucker’s guidance the Browns ranked fifth in the NFL from 2005-08 with 73 interceptions and allowed the fourth-fewest completions of 25-plus yards (78)."
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TheMatriculator just dropped knowledge on my ass. Mel Tucker is widely regarded as an up and coming guy. Weaver will do whatever it takes to keep him I've heard.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I have heard nothing about an OC? Anyone anyone Bueller? Kinda of important...
Old 01-19-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your team is just waiting until they have a chance at Cameron...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least it will not be Muir!
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

It will be on of the following names:

Jim Caldwell
Hue Jackson
Tom Clements
Cam Cameron
Brian Daboll

Just guessing :(
Quote:
Old 01-24-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Hue Jackson or Tom Clements. Both would be good hires. Daboll would be ok. No thanks to the rest.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get ready for Carthon to be OC. I don't want it to happen but the Chiefs just won't go out of house for anything.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Get ready for Carthon to be OC. I don't want it to happen but the Chiefs just won't go out of house for anything.
I think due to the experience in Cleveland that RAC won't have Mo be OC.
Quote:
Old 01-26-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope so. If they aren't going to go after Hue Jackson than I would prefer the Chiefs go ahead and name Jim Zorn the OC. They are essentially hiring a Head Coach of the Offense, so I think hiring someone with some sort of executive experience is important.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

I don't know that i would hate Daboll based on his performance this past season.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not busy and have won SB's with the Chiefs on Madden... Just saying.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scratch Cam Cameron from the list. The Ravens have renewed his contract per RotoWorld.

As for Carthon, I'd rather have Splat.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://rotoworld.com/

Quote:
Michael Lombardi suspects the Chiefs will turn to ex-Dolphins offensive coordinator Brian Daboll for the same position in Kansas City. Daboll is left without a job, and he has a history with GM Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel from their time together in New England.

It's hard to fairly evaluate Daboll as a play-caller because he's had major QB issues with the Browns and Dolphins the past few seasons. Lombardi believes Chiefs QBs coach Jim Zorn is the other candidate for the job.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Daboll's a solid choice. He took some time to grow as a coach, but made the best of two offensively awful Cleveland teams and did a really good job with the Dolphins last year. He's familiar with the current staff and will run an offense that has synergy with the defense.

The Browns were the #32 offense in 2009, but were #8 in rushing. What that tells me? That the Browns have **** for talent in the passing game, and Daboll had some nice gameplanning and playcalling going to be able to still generate that kind of a rushing offense.

I didn't think that much of him when he went to Cleveland and the offense did so poorly, but having to look more into it with him coming to KC along with what he did in Miami last year... I think he's solid. He's done a lot more than people realize with under-talented teams and bad situations. With KC, he's got a very talented team in a situation that is very good for him. Lots of familiarity and support from the top on down.

Last edited by nepg : 01-28-2012 at 12:16 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It should be Hue Jackson and no one else. He's great with QBs, he loves to run the football, and players respect him.

We'll see what happens though.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Also, with any OC hire, we have to look at his previous team's offensive free agents and who might fit for the Chiefs.

If the Chiefs do bring in Daboll, I'd be very happy if they could bring in Vernon Carey to play RT. Might be a tough get considering he's from Miami, played at Miami, and has played for the Dolphins for the last 8 years. But would really help the Chiefs address other areas and maybe get a bit more value out of the draft if they could find a someone who can lock down that position for the next year or two in free agency.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heck what about Al Saunders?just a wild toss in the dark.I do have a sneaky feeling Daboll is the guy.I think the Chiefs were waiting on Miami releasing him
Old 01-29-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
heck what about Al Saunders?just a wild toss in the dark.I do have a sneaky feeling Daboll is the guy.I think the Chiefs were waiting on Miami releasing him
Yeah, I'd rather have Saunders than Hue Jackson. I just don't see Hue meshing well with any team right now. He's never been part of a winning organization and is way too full of himself right now from all the power he had in Oakland.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Saunders met with Romeo today. Vermeil was hanging out on radio row.

“Al is there today talking with Romeo,” Vermeil said Wednesday in Indianapolis as he was making the rounds of radio row. “He wants to see if there’s any chance to go back to Oakland, but if not he’d love the Chiefs job.”
Quote: