Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-01-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Saunders met with Romeo today. Vermeil was hanging out on radio row.

“Al is there today talking with Romeo,” Vermeil said Wednesday in Indianapolis as he was making the rounds of radio row. “He wants to see if there’s any chance to go back to Oakland, but if not he’d love the Chiefs job.”
hire him.....hire him NOW
Old 02-02-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saunders would be a good fit. He ran that Oakland offense anyway. The group he'd inherit is just great. I'd just hope they have someone in-line to replace him (Siriani?) because I don't see him coaching that much longer.

Last edited by nepg : 02-02-2012 at 12:38 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

according to LaCan fora it's between DaBoll, Saunders and Zorn for OC job....come on Saunders!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Al Saunders but people have to remember the talent difference. The offense that Saunders led had arguably the best OL of all time and the greatest TE of all time. I think Charles is a wash with Holmes (who I always thought was a bit overrated) and our WRs are better, but our OL is nowhere near that unit.

And we can't forget QB. Trent Green was good, not great, but Cassel doesn't even come close to Trent Green territory, and that is the most important position in football.

I'd be happy but I wouldn't expect a top 5 offense with one OC signing.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF is going on at 1 Arrohead Dr? i went out of town 2, almost 3, weeks ago and was working some mad hours. i was barely able to find time to get on this site and check the Chiefs news between working and sleeping. i understand being thurough, but this is overboard. just find your guy and hire him. this weekend is the SB. 1 of the big issues in Haleys 1st year was he was hired so late that he couldn't get the staff he wanted. we are getting to that point pretty quick. at this point, i don't really care which one of the 3 (DaBoll, Saunders or Zorn) gets the job. i just want him to start doing his job and preparing this team for a run at the playoffs.

this is just a guess, but i have thought Zorn would be named OC since the day Crennel was hired. he was the only assistant coach that personally attended Crennels press conference. that said something to me.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

and the new OC is....Daboll not thrilled with this hire
Old 02-04-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't thrilled with any of the top 3 names out there to be honest. I don't like Daboll but I didn't really like Saunders or Zorn either.

Now we'll see if Zorn leaves. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to be honest, but meh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know who he was so I googled him. Sounds like the first par of his wiki has been edited by a depressed Chiefs fan.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

also hear Zorn might be staying on as QB coach
Old 02-04-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Rookie

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The hire is the definition of blah.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buck up. DaBoll is an underrated OC. His first year playcalling for the Browns had us doing new things every week. Our little mid season win streak that year with rookie McCoy had a lot to do with the playcalling. It was impressive for how little talent there was on offense. Once Matt Moore began starting for Mia that offense was competitive as well. C'mon, he managed to get Reggie Bush a 1000 yd season. KC has more talent on offense than either of his other two stops. And there's always this...after our win against NE. (our best win in a decade)

After Shurmur this year, I can actually say I miss him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 02-05-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listening to his presser with the media won me over. He is an asshole with a hardcore edge I love it! Will it produce results, I don't know.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well they kept Zorn and pretty much everyone that mattered.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefs-coaches

Great job adding without subtracting to the coaching staff by Crennel.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I figured the moment Josh McDaniel wasn't going to be the new KC OC that it was likely going to be Daboll. Of course both Daboll and McDaniel were Patriot boys.

I'm actually kind of excited for the Daboll hire due to the fact he likes to pound the ball down peoples throat. Much of that probably had to do with the lack of a quality QB to work with but still I love smash mouth football. Word is Daboll will open it up in the passing game but the run game will still be the main focus.

Adding Daboll with the remaining offensive staff was going to be fairly easy due to familarity.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be easier to open the offense, the Chiefs have better weapons than Cleveland and Mia I had under Daboll.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefMojo View Post
I figured the moment Josh McDaniel wasn't going to be the new KC OC that it was likely going to be Daboll. Of course both Daboll and McDaniel were Patriot boys.

I'm actually kind of excited for the Daboll hire due to the fact he likes to pound the ball down peoples throat. Much of that probably had to do with the lack of a quality QB to work with but still I love smash mouth football. Word is Daboll will open it up in the passing game but the run game will still be the main focus.

Adding Daboll with the remaining offensive staff was going to be fairly easy due to familarity.
Daboll is just very good at adapting his offense to the personnel. A lot of coaches will just run their gameplan and offense regardless of the personnel on their team and what the other team is doing. Daboll is very flexible and I expect him to be very good with this roster.

He has 2 really good RBs, 3 really good receivers, 2 good TEs, (what should be...) a solid OL, and a QB that coaches love working with. They sit in a spot where they could upgrade multiple positions, but they don't really need to go after anything in particular. They mostly just need to add good depth to complement the current group of players. Should be really exciting.