Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-28-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Corey Lemonier, DE, Auburn

Was watching Trent Richardson vs Auburn and 55 popped out at me. Looked him up, found he was a 5-star recruit coming out and he looks the part. First team SEC this year, 44 tackles and 13.5 tackles for a loss, 9.5 sacks and 5 forced fumbles. But I haven't watched a whole lot of Auburn games this year, so I'm working with a pretty small sample size. What do the SEC watchers on this forum think? Is he a potential first rounder next year? The only negative thing I've seen in my brief research is that he's not a real heavy guy, but he also has pretty slow 40 times listed on his various scouting profiles. His initial step looks great, but a lack of long speed might limit his positional versatility in the NFL; if he's still only 240 lbs as a college sophomore, he doesn't really seem like a bookend-type defensive anchor, but if you want him to play in a 3-4 you're going to expect him to cover and if he's running a 4.8 or 4.9, he's going to have some problems keeping up with the guys he's supposed to cover. So I've seen some things I like, but I'm wondering if other people who've watched him play more have more to say about how he might match up in the NFL from a positional and weight/speed perspective.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

From an Alabama fan who's watched at least 7 Auburn games this season, I wouldn't take him in the first. Maybe in the 3rd as a guy to play in a platoon at DE, but that's only if he doesn't add on more weight by the time he declares. If he can add 20 more pounds(after seeing him up close, he could definitely carry the weight well, IMHO) and keep the production, then I could absolutely see him getting into the first round.

If I had to guess what he'd be in the pros, it'd be strictly as a 4-3 DE as I don't think I've ever seen him drop into coverage. It'll probably be easier to guess how well he'd translate to pros and what position he'd play after Chizik gets a new DC who might use him better than Roop did.
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good early call here.
I've been reading anything I can from scouts lately, and this guy seems to be a quiet riser who I think will have a Bruce Irvin type impact both on draft day and as a rookie.

I really like this guy as a Von Miller/Irvin/Alden Smith type pass rusher. Creating havoc. He also blows up some runs here.....

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentJaguar View Post
From an Alabama fan who's watched at least 7 Auburn games this season, I wouldn't take him in the first. Maybe in the 3rd as a guy to play in a platoon at DE, but that's only if he doesn't add on more weight by the time he declares. If he can add 20 more pounds(after seeing him up close, he could definitely carry the weight well, IMHO) and keep the production, then I could absolutely see him getting into the first round.

If I had to guess what he'd be in the pros, it'd be strictly as a 4-3 DE as I don't think I've ever seen him drop into coverage. It'll probably be easier to guess how well he'd translate to pros and what position he'd play after Chizik gets a new DC who might use him better than Roop did.
I see him as a fit for the 49ers.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lemonier is really hard to evaluate. One game he looks like a 1st Round draft pick. Other games he looks like a 5th round draft pick. I see him best as a situational pass rusher in the NFL. Right now I have 3rd/4th Rounder but would not surprise me to see him in the 2nd round.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

steelers linebacker coach put him through a lot of OLB drills a while back
Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you liked Justin Houston when he came out, you should love Lemonier.
I think he has a very similar skillset and will only improve in the NFL.

I would not be surprised to see the Steelers take him in the first, but otherwise he's probably a 2nd rounder.
Doesn't seem to be a knucklehead and comes across as coachable in interviews.

Unlike Jarvis Jones and Demontre Moore, Lemonier has the measurables you want in a top tier 34 OLB prospect.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
That's a team who knows a few things about OLB's.... I hope this kid doesn't end up in the NFC.... I think he's gonna be a good one.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Played on a bad team which is hurting him a little I think. His get off is great.. like his being shot out of gun. Would like to see him in Pitt or with the Jets. He's one of the players I want to do well in the league.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Lemonier is really hard to evaluate. One game he looks like a 1st Round draft pick. Other games he looks like a 5th round draft pick. I see him best as a situational pass rusher in the NFL. Right now I have 3rd/4th Rounder but would not surprise me to see him in the 2nd round.
He definitely quit playing hard by mid season, decent talent before he quit on his team, pretty rotten after he gave it up.

GM's are always scared to draft a quitter and he will have to do a real selling job that he won't quit in the pros. It really down graded his character no matter what the excuse. Probably a late second, early third.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:39 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Auburn quit playing, not just lemonier
Old 04-11-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The coaches quit coaching at Auburn, which is why they were all fired. Van Gorder couldn't develope a rash, much less a top DL prospect.

That program is a complete dumpster fire on and off the field. I don't blame Lemonier for getting out at his first opportunity.

Fact is Lemonier tests as an elite caliber athlete, and I think he's 1st round talent. Bama recruited him to play the 'jack' linebacker position that Upshaw ended up playing.

6'3 3/8" - 255 pounds

34 1/2" arms

10 1/8" hands

4.60 40 yard dash

1.57 10-yard split

27 reps of 225

33" vertical jump

4.40 short shuttle

7.14 3-cone

9'11" broad jump

This is Peter Boulware-ish.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
If Steelers go elsewhere Round 1, really think Lemonier will be a target in Round 2.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
If Steelers go elsewhere Round 1, really think Lemonier will be a target in Round 2.
thats 100000x better than them going after john simon like is being rumored. I think it would be between Bell and Lemonier, hopefully they make the right decision and wait for bell in 3