Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 03-21-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard of him, but don't know a lot about him. I like that he has shown to be durable. I like that he's known as a good run blocker. I don't like hearing that he's slow off the ball (he's the guy snapping it, how is he slow off the ball?) and that he is inconsistent. But overall I am positive about this signing. I like that the three OLmen we've signed all have significant starting experience. With all these OLmen and with the addition of Zbikowski, the team can focus in on NT, CB, WR in the early rounds.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Question for Colts fans: If the Colts took RGIII with the #1 pick would you be upset? I am having a debate with other Redskin fans about RGIII and Luck. Some are saying that they would take RGIII over Luck. I say they're crazy.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rate Luck higher, but if he wasn't in the draft, I would take RGIII is a SPLIT-second.

From what I've seen out of both of them, Luck's pocket awareness is ahead at this point.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer Luck to RGIII. Agree with Max though, if he was not in the draft than III would be the pick
Old 03-22-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Luck weren't in the draft we'd still have Peyton and we'd be the ones that traded for a massive amount of picks. I like RG3, I think he's one of the better QB prospects to come out recently. I'd rate him higher than Bradford or Newton for example. But Luck is just a better prospect.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-22-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm seriously warming up to RG3, but Luck is more ready to play from the first snap. I think RG3 has the better potential and can be the one of the best qbs in the league after Peyton and Brady retire. However, I'd rather sit him for a few games, whereas Luck should start day 1. I like to idea of pissing RG3 off by letting him watch an inferior player like Beck or Grossman suck, while he watches from the sidelines. He could learn a ton by all the mistakes that they make.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'm seriously warming up to RG3, but Luck is more ready to play from the first snap. I think RG3 has the better potential and can be the one of the best qbs in the league after Peyton and Brady retire. However, I'd rather sit him for a few games, whereas Luck should start day 1. I like to idea of pissing RG3 off by letting him watch an inferior player like Beck or Grossman suck, while he watches from the sidelines. He could learn a ton by all the mistakes that they make.
To compare Luck and RGIII is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both outstanding prospects, both are really good at what they do. Here is my observation of the two:

On Luck:

Location and accuracy of his throws are impressive. Very cerebral QB, similar to Peyton. Was calling his own plays last season for Stanford. He did not have a stellar cast at receiver who separate and many times his tight end Coby Fleener (who I would like to see in Indy), missed alot of games (11 starts in the last three seasons). Luck is strong, mobile, and hard to bring down like a Ben Roethlisberger. Defenders could be hanging on Luck or hitting him and he could still deliver the ball accurately. Great at making progression reads.

On RGIII:

Therein lies the problem evaluating RGIII. Basically, there are no progression reads to evaluate. Everything is a “bubble screen or wide receiver screen” specifically called to one specific guy. Now is that fault of RGIII or the play calling? RGIII has great measurable and is a freak of an athlete. RGIII reminds me a lot of Randle Cunningham/Warren Moon which not a bad comparison.

At the end of the day Luck is more Pro ready having played in a Pro system where as RGIII played in a spread 95% of the time. Really comes down to what you prefer. I personally prefer a true pocket passer that is more cerebral over a athletic QB. I also feel with Bruce Arians back on his second tour of duty as the OC in Indy, Luck is better suited to run his offense than RGIII.

Before I get hate messages please know I like RGIII and feel in the right system he will be a good QB, but I think Luck with have a better career.

Sig by Stephenson86
redviper311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the Colts traded for Jets' QB Stanton

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Drew when he was coming out. I think he's a decent backup.

Any idea what we are giving up?
Old 03-23-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We gave up our 6th Round pick but got Stanton and their 7th.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Y2Jimmy0
Rookie

Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Bears fan checking in

Colts fans,
What is the deal with Freeney? He does not seem to be a scheme fit for the Colts new 3-4 under Pagano. It was said in the media that they would try to trade Freeney but it'd be tough with that cap hit. Would they release him? What will be the end game with Freeney. It is wishful thinking, but he'd be great on the other side of Peppers here in Chicago. The Bears would never pay what he is owed this year though. Just curious guys. Thanks
Y2Jimmy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I think they will keep Freeney around until a team becomes more desperate and offers a good trade. We are in cap trouble regardless of whether or not we keep him, so I dont' think that is a huge concern, honestly. It's not like the $14M we'd save would be able to go to a big-time player, we don't have the overall cap room. We have ~$40M in dead cap space, cutting or trading him would mean another $5M in dead space so it's not as enticing to get rid of him as it might seem.

Pagano has already said he likes Freeney in his defense, and Mathis tweeted a few days ago that Freeney was going to play the Suggs role in the new defense.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-24-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Diem retired yesterday, Saturday signed with the Packers and the team signed WR Donnie Avery. I think the Avery signing is a low risk high reward type of deal. He might be given the shot at being the #2.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

He'll get a shot. If he could stay healthy he would have lots of potential. Tons of speed. But I'm sure it's a low-level contract.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-24-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

He can play Garcon's role.

Solid signing.

We needed a guy who can stretch the field.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
a-dub83
Rookie

a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Colts GM: Dwight Freeney isn't going anywhere

It sounds like the Colts are willing to swallow Freeney's $19 million cap number in order to field a competitive defense. "I'm looking forward to Dwight Freeney being part of the Colts' defense in 2012," Grigson said. "He will be a Colt." Freeney could play the Terrell Suggs right-end role with Robert Mathis ticketed for Jarret Johnson duties in Chuck Pagano's Ravens-like defense.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter
Old 03-26-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-dub83 View Post
It sounds like the Colts are willing to swallow Freeney's $19 million cap number in order to field a competitive defense. "I'm looking forward to Dwight Freeney being part of the Colts' defense in 2012," Grigson said. "He will be a Colt." Freeney could play the Terrell Suggs right-end role with Robert Mathis ticketed for Jarret Johnson duties in Chuck Pagano's Ravens-like defense.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter
I'm really excited to see Freeney as well. I hope he puts faith in the scheme and does his best. I just can't fathom Freeney playing at a low level with low motivation.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Former Colts LB David Thornton was hired as player development coordinator.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/18268670
Old 04-03-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, he went from college walk-on to MVP of UNC (same team as Peppers and Sims) to 4th round draft pick to starting LB to a big-contract Free Agent.

I guess he knows how to develop.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Colts are eying Leftwich.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Byron Leftwich "student of the game."
He knows Bruce Arians offense so I'm behind it. I just hope he never sees the field.

It's funny how they are squeezing the QB controversy between Luck and RG3, "to help teach Luck or Griffin."

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 04-04-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I think this whole Leftwich thing is BS. There are no direct quotes. There aren't even any indirect quotes. It's a mysterious report from nobody. WTF is Fatwich going to teach Luck? Nothing. Nothing at all. Just keep Stanton. We need a backup that can keep the team afloat if Luck goes down for a game or two. Not to hold his hand.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-04-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanton is good enough to hold down the backup job. He's had plenty of practice by not playing in Detroit for years. However, Stanton never got Martz's offense and it took him a while to get Linehan's. I still remember when Colletto refused to send him into the game midway through his 2nd season because he was afraid that Stanton would "embarrass himself".

With that said, he has shown a lot better command of the offense this past season. I actually trusted him to be able to perform if Matt Stafford couldn't.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Colts claim speedster RB Deji Karim off waivers from Jags and sign former UFL TE Dominique Jones.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-free-agents/

I guess Grigson values returners more then Polian did.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Just in time for the kickoff to be eliminated!

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-17-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Eldridge was cut today and we learned all draft picks but Luck, Fleener, Hilton and Allen have signed rookie deals.