Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 05-18-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
Eldridge was cut today and we learned all draft picks but Luck, Fleener, Hilton and Allen have signed rookie deals.
Way to go Polian, glad we drafted a TE to fix our OL problems.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now I am having roller coaster thoughts on how this team could turnout this year. I think it will come down to how good or bad the defense can be. I see us starting the season off hot actually going 2-1 with wins against the vikings and jags at home. After that it could spiral out of control. I see a win at home against cleveland after that I am not very confident other than a win against Jacksonville on the road. I think we will end up 4-12. With that said I feel like i am being too cynical. Last year we were competitive in quite a few games and won't be tossing that useless slab of meat curtis painter to the wolves.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think 5-7 wins this year is reasonable to expect.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better play from the QB (I'm not talking Manning style play or even great play but good game management) and better Special Teams and the Colts could have gone .500 last season. Now there has been a roster purge, with real talent questions on Defense and a massive lack of experience on Offense, but the team isn't worse than it was last season. I'm not expecting an unbelievable turn around but I wouldn't be shocked if the Colts are better than everyone is assuming next year.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the fact that Polian isn't making personnel decisions should help us out. I'm confident in Pagano and the coordinators to put together a respectable showing.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts trade FB Gronkowski for Denver CB Cassius Vaughn.

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/sports/colts...denver-broncos

Some good things said about him, and if we're going with a 2-TE offense, our need for a FB decreases.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like a good move to me.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Colts trade FB Gronkowski for Denver CB Cassius Vaughn.

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/sports/colts...denver-broncos

Some good things said about him, and if we're going with a 2-TE offense, our need for a FB decreases.
We still have Ryan Mahaffey, who showed more than Gronk ever did. This was trading our useless part for theirs. They had no FB, we don't have enough CBs. Maybe he will make some sort of impact. I doubt it but you never know.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-24-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

If nothing else he could contribute on special teams.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 06-21-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
tsjames
Rookie

tsjames hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm sure I am not the only one, but besides Powers (can he stay healthy?) and Bethea, who is going to make plays in the DB?
tsjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
tsjames
Rookie

tsjames hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Let's say Pagano's schemes work fairly well, can get pressure and stop the run respectively, these offenses going with 3 WR or 2 WR and 2 TE's that are basically WR's, I just don't think we have the skill to stop them!
tsjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:17 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Well let's see how some of our DBs do in press coverage. They were set up to fail giving 20 yards cushion last year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 07-31-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Powers will be fine if he stays healthy and even though the rest of the CBs are a bunch of nobodies we have a lot of them this year. Hopefully a couple of them shake out as decent players.

I am planning to go to TC sometime next week and will let you guys know what interesting things I see.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-31-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Ijalana & Ebbs are out for the year. Sucks about Ijalana. He seems so promising. O-line is Castonzo, Reitz/Link, Satele, McGlynn, Justice as of now.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I hope a solid guard gets cut somewhere. Reitz is alright but I don't want Link starting. He'll get Luck killed.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-02-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Apparently Jerry Hughes picked Luck off in camp this past day and has been doing excellent in pass rush. He might be useful yet.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 08-02-2012, 03:38 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Also, I have big expectations for Collie. He is one of the more intelligent receivers on our roster and I think he will get a grasp on the playbook quickly. One thing I noticed about Luck is that he loves to pick teams apart through the seam. I'm hoping to see the Austin Collie of 2010 without the injury. I think he will have a breakout season.

Then again he is my favorite player. :)

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 08-02-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I would love it if Hughes turned it around. I've had the gut feeling that part of his problem was the coaching staff. Based on his blow up argument with Caldwell in one game I think he looked at the situation and new it was ******** and just stopped trying. Now that is his fault and he deserves blame for it. But if the new coaches fit him better and can get something out of him, that helps the team. I know most have written him off, with good reason. But it is in the best interests of the Colts if he finally gets it.

I am actually expecting Luck to spread the ball around quite a bit this year. Wayne is the only guy I expect to break 1000 yards. Collie might get close, but I think Avery, Fleener, and Allen will all have significant yards too.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-03-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Kevin Thomas was dealed along with a conditional 7th round pick for two linebackers in Philadelphia Moise Fokou and Greg Lloyd. I don't know much about these guys, but I think the motive behind this was probably that Thomas didn't fit our scheme.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 08-03-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Really? I think it's that he sucked. :)

In all seriousness, a 3-4 team that actually focuses on special teams play is going to have a lot of LBs. And when you look at how bad our CB depth is, it says a lot about a guy if he gets traded away from a team so weak at his position. Especially considering how high he was drafted.

It sucks to look back and realize we could've drafted Jimmy Graham instead of this loser, and this year could've gotten somebody like Janoris Jenkins, Cordy Glenn, Courtney Upshaw, Stephen Hill, Alshon Jeffrey, Devon Still, Derek Wolfe, Rueben Randle, Casey Hayward, the list goes on and on. I like Coby Fleener, but he would not have been necessary if we already had Jimmy Graham on the roster.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-03-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

It is that time of year where football just needs to ******* start. Besides Andrew Luck, I wanna see if either Jerry Hughes or Donald Brown decide not to suck. Love to eat crow about Hughes especially, who I hate on(rightfully so) every chance I get. Even with a great pass rush I don't see how we won't get torched through the air all year. Our CB's are pathetic.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pagano might light a fire under Hughes - if he does not show up this year the Colts just need to cut him.

Last edited by SolidGold : 08-03-2012 at 10:31 AM.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Pagano might light a fire under Hughes - if he does not show up this year the Colts just need to cut him.
If Pagano can't do it then no one can. Hughes was made to be a 3-4 OLB.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-04-2012, 03:11 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Well, I'm wondering how much the talents drops off from Lacey to whoever is gonna line up next to Powers.

I'd just like to say again I'm so glad Polian is gone. I miss Tryon.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 08-04-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it hard to believe that Justin King will be the starter.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote