Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 01-17-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES!!!!!

Awesome news.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spags would be a great DC but I am not wanting him as HC. Perhaps the reports of Irsay flying to st. Louis were as bogus as the ones saying Caldwell would be retained.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
Spags would be a great DC but I am not wanting him as HC. Perhaps the reports of Irsay flying to st. Louis were as bogus as the ones saying Caldwell would be retained.
You can actually track his plane via some airline website so it is not bogus.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm too overjoyed to seriously think about candidates. Spags sounds fine as a DC, not so sure as HC. But I'll look at it more tomorrow.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
I'm too overjoyed to seriously think about candidates. Spags sounds fine as a DC, not so sure as HC. But I'll look at it more tomorrow.
Now it's time to go drink!!!

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-17-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Spags bring a more aggressive 4-3 system?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I don't see how he possibly wouldn't.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-17-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Think a great majority of us have been asking for this for at least two years or more now. I'm tired of seeing our Mike LB retreat 15 yards down field only for the opposing QB to throw a dump off pass to a back and get 1st downs. It's sheer madness to use as a base D. OK if you're playing with a huge, 2 touchdown at least, type of lead.

With the poor drafting of interior D-Lineman I don't think the Tampa-2 was ever as effective as it should have been after Dungy installed it. Obviously it was never dominant like what Dungy had back in Tampa w/Brooks, Sapp, Barber and Lynch. We had the outside pass rushers in Freeny/Mathis and on the whole average/slightly above LBs in Washington, Thornton, Keiaho, Bracket, June. The best corner tandem we had during this time was Jackson/Hayden. When Bobzilla was healthy with Bethea playing we had the talent at safeties to make it work but never the consistent talent at DT.

I just hope the talent level rebuilt with equal amounts going to both the skill positions as well as the Defense under Gribson. Coaches who can coach will be an asset too esp if they are capable of making adjustments during the game. That hasn't been a strength in recent years.

EDIT: Appears Spags turned down the DC postion.

Last edited by RagingColt : 01-17-2012 at 09:21 PM.
RagingColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Who are you guys thinking about for the Colts HC job? Coordinators? Here are mine:

- Mike Zimmer, DC, Bengals

I've talked about him for months. Great motivator, great 4-3 defensive mind, exciting 1 gap 4-3 with aggressive play calls. He has excelled in Cincy despite crap ownership and a questionable coach running the team. He is my first choice. Would need a solid OC to run the offense.

- Chuck Pagano, DC, Ravens

I think people still look at the Ravens as Rex Ryan's creation, but the reality is that Ryan left for the Jets in 2009. Since then the Ravens defense has added new pieces and is still really, really good. Pagano is in his first year on the job as DC and has them in the top 5 for total defensive, run defense, and pass defense. He has a ton of experience, mainly as a defensive backs coach. IMO this is more of a risk since Pagano has only been a DC for one season and Baltimore always spends money on defensive players.

Joe Philbin, OC, Packers

He's the OC that has worked with both Favre and Rogers, so he's been through the transition from one superstar QB to (hopefully) another. The GB offense has been a high-flying powerhouse that has ranked highly since he took over. He is also a former OL coach so I expect he'd be a good guy to address the Indy OL situation.

Coordinators:

If we get an offensive-minded HC, I would like Spags obviously. But that might not be possible. If not, I wouldn't mind looking at position coaches like Jim Tomsula of the 49ers. He's the DL coach and has been both a DC and even a HC in NFL Europe.

If we get a defensive-minded HC, I think a known QB guru would be preferable to bring in, to try to develop Luck quickly. I wouldn't even mind bringing David Shaw in from Stanford. But he may not want to leave a head coaching spot for an NFL coordinator position.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-19-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard Metzalaars (OL), Reich (WR), and both Teerlincks (DL & Defensive assistant) are out. Also strength & conditioning coach Torine. And of course the big fish Caldwell.

Any other coaches I missed?
Old 01-19-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
I've heard Metzalaars (OL), Reich (WR), and both Teerlincks (DL & Defensive assistant) are out. Also strength & conditioning coach Torine. And of course the big fish Caldwell.

Any other coaches I missed?
I didn't hear about Teerlinck! That is great news. No more DEs playing DT.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-19-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So hypothetically, do you think that now if Zimmer gets to be the HC that Clyde stays to run the offense? I don't know what kind of coaching tree Zimmer would have to bring with him to Indy.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
So hypothetically, do you think that now if Zimmer gets to be the HC that Clyde stays to run the offense? I don't know what kind of coaching tree Zimmer would have to bring with him to Indy.
I hope not. I hope to hear Christiansen's name today, as in "Clyde Christian joins <insert all the other coaches> in being fired by new Colts GM Ryan Grigson today".

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to blindly guess, I would have figured that Peyton must want some kind of continuity for offense. Keeping Christensen is probably a way of appeasing Manning if he's healthy. As an added bonus, Luck has familiarity with making audibles at the line and would be a good fit.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

The problem is, Christiansen is worthless.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-19-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
The problem is, Christiansen is worthless.
Agree. My thinking is anyone associated the Colts coaching staff from 2011 should be terminated. I've not been impressed by Christianson at any point and 2011 proved that w/out Manning he was a below average play caller.

Zimmer is rumored to be getting an interview soon. They asked to interview Carmicheal from the Saints and Jerry Gray of the Titans.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-india...1191882.column

Quote:
The team relieved Coaching Assistant Devin Fitzsimmons,
Offensive Line Coach Pete Metzelaars,
Special Assistant to the Defense Rod Perry,
Wide Receivers Coach Frank Reich,
Defensive Assistant Bill Teerlinck,
Defensive Line Coach John Teerlinck,
Strength and Conditioning Coach Jon Torine and
Quarterbacks Coach Ron Turner of their responsibilities.
Defensive Coordinator Mike Murphy announced his retirement.
The Colts.com coaches list was updated since I last looked. The remaining:
Clyde Christensen Offensive Coordinator
Jim Bob Cooter Assistant to the Offensive Coordinator
Richard Howell Assistant Strength Coach
Mike Murphy Defensive Coordinator
Ron Prince Asst. Offensive Line Coach
Ricky Thomas Tight End Coach

The fact that they updated it leads me to think these guys survived.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Keeping Christensen is a joke. So is keeping anybody named Jim Bob Cooter.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-20-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Oh. Hell. No.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rad-childress/
Old 01-20-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

I saw that too. He was with the Eagles (QB coach/O-Coordinator) while Grisgon was there, so it may just be that. I really don't know much about him other then the Vikings imploding last season, and a series of generally bad decisions.

He might be a good O-Coordinator/QB Coach.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Tressel would Interview for the Job? What do you knows think about him being the Head Coach or OC?
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:00 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Ugh. Tressell. Childress. Why are Irsay and Grigs screwing around with these losers? Just hire Zimmer and move forward.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-21-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Tressell is far from my top choice, but he can at least assemble a decent coaching staff.

*and I might not be able to watch them if they had Childress as coach.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-21-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

The fact that Tressell doesn't suck quite as much as Childress is not a good reason to make him the HC. Ugh. Just hire Zimmer already!! Bring in some toughness!!

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-21-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Irsay did fly down to Florida to meet with Tressel.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...ob-reports-say

Agree that Childress might be a decent OC candidate, but that's about it. Perhaps Irsay is just covering all bases here.