Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 01-21-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tressell's system worked well in College, but I don't like it for NFL.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) Chuck Pagano, Ravens DC, set to interview for HC job. Have to say I like the sound of that better then the string Childress, Tressell, etc we've been hearing about.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on an Indy Star article, Irsay/Gribson have met or have interest in the following:

Jim Tressel - Former College Coach w/Ohio State - Current 'replay honcho' w/Colts currently

Positives -

Coached in Big 10 - gotta be a positive in the midwest
Good game day organization and time management . . .
Winning Tradition - Won Championships at both Youngstown State (4) and Ohio State (1).

Negatives

Forced out at Ohio State after lying/concealing facts regarding his student athletes trading jerseys ect for tats from a guy under investigation by the FBI.
Not sure if his game plans/philosophies translate well to NFL.

My take - I don't want to see this guy wearing a Colts sweater vest at any point. We're a midwest team and I don't like the fact he new what was going on with regard to his players and did nothing.

Interest level - Ice Cold

Mike Zimmer - Defense Coordinator with Cincinnati Bengals.

Positives

Bengals have played well and in the top half of the league in most stat categories while Zimmer has been the DC.
Led the Cowboys to the top ranked D in '03.
Has coached both 4-3 and 3-4
Long time assistant/DC coach
Players seem to love playing for him
Born in Illinois - Again the Midwest connection don't hurt!

Negatives

Has been passed over several times for head coaching jobs - Nebraska, Cowboys ect.
Never been a head coach.
Game clock mang is unknown
Would need to bring in an effective OC to run the offense

My Take - Would bring in an ideal 4-3 attacking Defense to the Colts that in theory wouldn't take a long time to implement fully - think 2-3 seasons.

Interest Level - Quite high

Pete Carmichael Jr - New Orleans Saint's Offensive Coordinator

Positives

Saints are perennially a top 3 offense
Drew Brees set several NFL history records this year
Would bring with him a dynamic offense to help groom our new QB (Luck or Griffin III)

Negatives

Only started play calling this year after Sean Payton was injured
No head coaching experience

My take - A decent enough candidate who might be a wild card in the search

Interest - Neutral

Brad Childress - Not in coaching this year after being fired in Nov of 2010 by the Vikes

Positives

Led Vikes to two division crowns with among the better Defenses
Graduated from my alma mater - Eastern Illinois . . . Midwest roots FTW!

Negatives

Flamed out with Farve
Lied to the media over trading for Randy Moss then cutting him shortly there after
Game Mang is a joke

My Take - Irsay must have been drunk or on meds when he interviewed Childress. It would be scary if he tutored Luck or Richardson . . . I don't mean that in a good way either.

Interest - Zilch

Jerry Gray - Defense Coordinator with Tennessee Titans

Positives

Over saw top 5 ranked Def while the DC w/Bills in early Aughts
Played 9 years in the NFL as a DB
Protege of Gregg Williams

Negatives

Applied yet was not hired to be the head coach of the University of Memphis

My take - I am not familiar enough with Mr. Gray to really have an opinion.

Interest - N/A

Chuck Pagano - Defensive Coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens

Positives

Oversaw a top 3 D in 2011 w/Ravens
Been w/Ravens since '08 after Harbaugh hire
Been with a great organization in Baltimore

Negatives

Unsure if a 3-4 would work in Indy with talent . . . ok it won't
Unknown if he was really that great of a coach or if the method in which the Ravens organization is set up produces great defense . . .. See last two Raven DC who became head coaches - Marvin Lewis and Rex in NY who have had mixed results.

My take - A decent enough coach but I'm unsure if he'd really fit with the team. Like Zimmer, he would need to bring in an OC for offensive play calling and to bring along a rookie QB.

Interest - Neutral

Brad Seely - SF 49ers Special Teams Coach

Positives

Previously coached with Colts in early 90s
Speacia teams coach of the year in '96 with the Carolina Panthers
Belicheat coaching tree

Negatives

Only a special teams coach which worries me.

My take - I'm unfamiliar with him and never heard of him till a news story was reported.

Interest - Will interview on Wednesday with Irsay - Not yet known

Tony Dungy - Current TV analyst

This is a distant long shot and I think Dungy sticks with the TV gig.

I still like Mike Zimmer the best of all these candidates. He'd bring in an attacking 4-3 style of D that we badly need. Inject a bit of vigor into the organization that it's lacked from the HC going back to '02. I think at the time Dungy was hired, the team needed a guiding calm voice for a coach. I remember watching Dungy's training camps at Terre Haute back in '02-'05 and they were quiet yet very efficiently ran. That said, Caldwell lacked the right qualities to be a HC and we need someone who can game manage and not F up Timeouts or ignore the pursuit of perfection. Zimmer would need to bring in a new OC as I don't want anyone associated with the 2011 team to be here for the 2012 season. Think Irsay would be pretty patient with him so he could have a few drafts to get his own players in plus Gribson needs to sign the occasional mid level FA to help the cause. If these factors all end up occuring, within 3 season I can see the team being competitive again.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The negative on Tressel is that he is extremely conservative.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 01-25-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the coaching stuff is a big deal right now but I am getting excited about the draft. I hope Grigs isn't so busy that he's missing out on the Senior Bowl. I think Alameda Ta'amu is our guy in the 2nd. Especially if we get Pagano.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zimmer was in the stands for the Senior Bowl practices.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Zimmer was in the stands for the Senior Bowl practices.
I am wondering if the Colts ever really considered him. We got confirmation of other interviews but only vague reports of interest in Zimmer.

I have no idea who our next HC is going to be.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-25-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chuck Pagano it is!

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-25-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm not a fan of our D being converted to a 3-4 idea.

It would be a long project.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 01-25-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I'm not as up to date as I could be on Pagano. I know they had shifted to more of a hybrid with emphasis on 43 in 2010. I just didn't see too much of them this season to really tell, but I think he should be flexible.

His resume:
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Peopl...ck_Pagano.aspx

Quote:
Chuck Pagano, who spent three seasons as the Ravens’ secondary coach, was named defensive coordinator in January, 2011. Pagano, Baltimore’s fifth defensive coordinator in team history, leads a veteran group that finished 2010 as the NFL’s 10th-ranked unit. The vaunted defense has finished as the NFL’s No. 3 scoring defense (fewest points allowed) each of the past three seasons (2008-10). Baltimore has given up a league-low total of 16.1 points per game and permitted only 80 TDs (tied with Pit. for NFL best) in the last three years. As the team’s secondary coach, Pagano led a defensive backfield that had to adjust to a number of injuries over the past three years, including a significant loss of seven-time Pro Bowl S Ed Reed, who started 2010 on the PUP list. Even after missing the first six games, Reed still led the league with 8 INTs in only 10 games. In Pagano’s first season with the Ravens (2008), the team led the NFL with 26 INTs, including Reed’s NFL-high 9 picks. Reed, the league’s only unanimous (50 votes) All-Pro in 2008, was also coached by Pagano at the University of Miami. Reed grabbed a Miami career-record 21 INTs and blocked four punts in his four-year career under Pagano. Chuck coached the NFL’s No. 1 pass defense at Oakland in 2006 and mentored outstanding secondaries in Cleveland and Miami, prior to joining the Ravens.

2008-10: (with Baltimore)
2010: Even though he missed his first six games on PUP list, S Ed Reed still led the NFL with 8 INTs, earning his seventh Pro Bowl invite...Baltimore’s defense, which was tied for eighth with 19 INTs, finished No. 10 overall (318.9 ypg).

2009: Guided an injury-depleted secondary to a No. 8-overall ranking (tied) against the pass (207.3 ypg)...Defense ranked No. 3 overall (300.5 ypg), the seventh-straight top six finish...Reed earned his sixth Pro Bowl and added to his 13 career TDs by scoring on a 52-yard INT return vs. Cin. (10/11)...Defensive backs tallied 16 of the team’s 22 INTs and Baltimore’s turnover ratio (+10) was fourth best in the NFL.

2008: Secondary ranked No. 2 against the pass (175.5 ypg), improving dramatically from a No. 20 finish in 2007...Unit allowed only 179.7 yards per game...Reed was the NFL’s only unanimous All-Pro selection...He led the NFL with 9 INTs and scored three defensive TDs, plus another (64-yard INT-TD) in the Wild Card victory at Miami (1/4/09)...Defense finished No. 2 overall (261.1 ypg).

2007: (with North Carolina) Posted a one-year stint as the defensive coordinator/defensive backs coach, where Pagano rejoined Butch Davis (Browns and Hurricanes)…Under Pagano, the defense improved from 92nd in 2006 to 35th in 2007.

2005-06: (with Oakland) Spent two seasons as the Raiders’ defensive backs coach. 2006: Raiders led the NFL in pass defense, allowing just 150.8 yards per game, and ranked third in total defense, surrendering only 284.8 yards per contest…CB Nnamdi Asomugha was third in the NFL with 8 INTs.

2001-04: (with Cleveland) Coached the Browns’ secondary under then-head coach Butch Davis…Spent four years coaching alongside Ravens current assistant head coach/special teams coordinator Jerry Rosburg. 2003: DBs helped Cleveland tie the franchise record for allowing the fewest passing TDs (13). 2001: Under Pagano’s guidance, the Browns’ secondary accounted for 28 of the team’s NFL-leading and team-record 33 INTs, which set a new mark…Rookie CB Anthony Henry led NFL with 10 picks.

1995-2000, 1986: (with Miami)
Coached the Hurricanes’ secondary and was special teams coordinator…Pagano coached four NFL first-round DBs: Reed (Ravens, 24th-2002), Phillip Buchanon (Raiders, 17th-2002), Duane Starks (Ravens, 10th-1998) and Mike Rumph (49ers, 27th-2002)…The Hurricanes blocked a surreal 39 kicks in 59 games.

2000: Secondary was tabbed the nation’s best by Football News.

1999: DBs did not allow a passing TD in the last 27 quarters of the season, en route to a 9-4 record.

1996: Posted a single-season school-record 12 blocks.

1986: Was a G.A. at Miami for one year before moving on to Boise State…Returned to Miami in 1995 to coach the secondary and as special teams coordinator.

1992-94, 1989: (with East Carolina)
Spent three seasons as the secondary and OLBs coach in his second stop at the school.

1989: Coached the team’s secondary.

1990-91: (with UNLV)
1991: Named defensive coordinator.

1990: Coached the Rebels’ secondary.

1987-88: (with Boise State) Coached OLBs.

1984-85: (with USC) Launched his coaching career as a graduate assistant at USC in 1984.

COLLEGE
Pagano was a four-year letterman and two-year starter at strong safety for Wyoming…Graduated with a degree in marketing in 1984.

PERSONAL
A four-year letterman and two-year starter at strong safety at Fairview (Boulder, CO) HS…Brother, John, is the Chargers’ linebackers coach...Chuck and his wife, Tina, have three daughters: Tara, Taylor and Tori...Tara and her twin daughters, Avery and Addison (4), live in Idaho, and Taylor spent the 2010 summer as an intern in the Ravens’ marketing department.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-25-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
While many still consider the Baltimore Ravens' defense a 3–4, it has shifted towards a 4–3 scheme since 2006 when half their games were in a 4-3 base defense. The Ravens' primary pass-rusher, Terrell Suggs, played the majority of his snaps in 2010 as a true defensive end.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3%E2%80%934_defense

Ok, I take it back.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 01-25-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

If I had to describe it, I would assume that the Ravens played with basic 34 principles up front. Wrinkle would be designating Suggs as a "rush backer" and pretty much as a defensive end on most plays. The rest look pretty much as advertised. I'm not sure how much of that was Pagano or just smart use of the personnel.

Ngata/Cody/Redding
Suggs-Rush
Lewis/etc at linebacker

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-25-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Sounds like the one guy that can actually find some use for Jerry Hughes.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 01-25-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I asked the Ravens team forum for thoughts on his scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
If you guys had to define him, is Chuck Pagano a 43 coach or 34? Or was he just keeping the well oiled machine running smoothly and not sure what he'll bring to the Colts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I would say that he was keeping the machine running smoothly and I don't think he has a specific preference as he's run both. I would say his defining feature as a coordinator was how aggressive he was and how well the defense got after the quarterback. Not quite Rex but close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
He's neither. His style defines him and that's aggressive and versatile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I would be surprised if he tried to convert them to a 3-4. Him running a 34 had more to do with the Ravens and the players and the system in place more so than it was about him being a 3-4 guy. Personnel wise, the Colts really aren't built at all to run a 34 so I kind of doubt he would to force that change.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 01-25-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not a fan of the hire, I was really hoping for Pete Carmicheal. I will give him a chance but don't know if I can get behind atm.

Sig by Stephenson86
redviper311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I am actually super encouraged by this hiring. I never trusted Pete Carmichael because I believe most of the Saint's greatness comes from Sean Payton and Brees.(although I am aware that the same can be said of Pagano and Ray Lewis/Reed/Suggs)

Pagano has done some smoke and mirrors stuff with the Ravens secondary the past few years. The Jason David type days are long over for Indy. I also wonder what he's going to do if the Colts cut Manning and keep Freeney while resigning Mathis.

Throw in a draft like MaxV and killxswitch's forum mock and life should be easier for Andrew Luck.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-25-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully he will add some complexity to the defense. I feel like we continuously run the same 4-5 plays for 90% of the game.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was neutral over Pagano in my review of candidates. That said I'm now happy he's the guy. Will be nice to see our D grow in size and add in some meanness and actual scheming.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Now we've got to find a competent OC.

Any names?

Sig by Primetime21
Old 01-25-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I am excited about this hire but I am also not ready to proclaim the Colts D completely revamped. We don't and won't have the D talent that Pagano had in Baltimore. Not right away anyway. The draft will help. But I am tempering my expectations and just hoping for some good initial moves on both sides of the ball that will move the team in the right direction.

Zimmer must be a real asshole. Great DC and on paper a great HC prospect but no one seems interested in giving him a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Now we've got to find a competent OC.

Any names?
That CFL guy Trestman is my #1 choice. He is a magic worker with QBs. Sure Luck is NFL-ready but every little bit will help.

Maybe the HC of Stanford, but I doubt he'd leave a HC job at a top Pac 10 school to be an OC.

I don't really see any future stars on the position coaching staff in Baltimore, at least not for offense.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 01-25-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:19 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I wonder if Butch Davis would be interested in taking a year of doing some DC work for his old pal? He has to do something while waiting for a college to hire him, besides NFL Network stuff.

*more stuff on Pagano from Samari Rolle

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/ta...e-chuck-pagano

Quote:
Some more highlights of my chat with Rolle about Pagano:

On personnel: Expect Pagano to play to the strengths of the people he inherits and to try to gain favorable matchups. The Ravens simplified things more than people think in ways that simply got their best people in the best position.

Rolle rates Pagano as a “great adapter.” He expects Pagano will ultimately want the Colts to field a bigger defense, but will know getting it will be a gradual process.

On offensive approach: “Oh, Chuck likes to run. He likes to run and he believes in keeping the defense fresh. I think if anything, his philosophy is going to be like Coach (Jeff) Fisher’s was in Tennessee,” Rolle said.

On the reasons players like him: He listens to hip hop. He loves joking around with the fellas. Pagano coached at Miami when Rolle was at Florida State, and when they were both with the Ravens they went back and forth about the rivalry all the time.

"He’s got a great football memory,” Rolle said. “He remembers scores, years. He’s fun loving. He’s very, very down to earth.”

On potential assistants: Hue Jackson, recently fired after one season as coach in Oakland, coached Baltimore quarterbacks in 2008-09.

“I could see (Pagano) reaching out to Hue Jackson to be his coordinator," Rolle said. "Hue was there with Chuck and they had some great battles during one-on-ones, some talking wars. I think Hue would be a good person, he might have gotten a raw deal in Oakland. Hue knows football and he knows offensive football.”

On what kind of media personality Pagano will have: "I don’t think he’s a guy who doesn’t like talking,” Rolle said. “The one thing he’ll probably get tired of is having to address all the questions about Peyton. But you ought to give him some time to get adjusted to it.

“He’s got a great personality. He’s not going to make a mockery of your question or be sarcastic. He’s down to earth. I think he gets you guys.”

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 01-26-2012 at 06:47 AM. Reason: *more Pagano stuff
Old 01-28-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts have apparently hired Bruce Arians to be the Offensive Coordinator. His retirement lasted less time the Brett Favre's.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Here's hoping Arians doesn't run a pass happy scheme like he ran with the steelers. Was hoping for a more balanced approach.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
Colts have apparently hired Bruce Arians to be the Offensive Coordinator. His retirement lasted less time the Brett Favre's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
Here's hoping Arians doesn't run a pass happy scheme like he ran with the steelers. Was hoping for a more balanced approach.
Good luck with him. He built a good system with us, but he never really used it well. Weird game planning, questionable play calling, and doesn't really care for running the ball.

Nothing frustrated me more than seeing a 5 receiver set on 3rd and 2. At least pretend there's a chance you'll run it there.

In any case, Ben loved him, and his offense was exciting to watch when everything clicked.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, I'm sure Pagano values running game.

Sig by Primetime21