Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 01-28-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at least its not Martz

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ade-weeks-ago/

Supposedly the team decided to cut Manning 3 weeks ago. We'll see.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very sad news.

I knew it would happen eventually. I just hoped it wouldn't be this soon or this bitter.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't take it to heart yet. It was reported by Jason La Canfora. He gets **** wrong all the time. Think about 3 weeks ago. Did a guy like Irsay even have time to fit Manning's future into his head? I think Irsay wants to give Manning all the time possible to heal. He wants Manning to retire a Colt. He's not going to just decide to cut Manning so far in advance of the deadline.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-28-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ade-weeks-ago/

Supposedly the team decided to cut Manning 3 weeks ago. We'll see.
Granted this could very well the media trying to spin rumors, but words can't even begin to describe how piss I will be if this occurs! All that Peyton has done for the Colts and the city, this is how you repay the man? I get it, it's business, still doesn't change the fact that I disagree with the business decision. In three weeks time the organization has went from one of the class acts of the NFL to one that looks like an Jerry Jones or Al Davis ran team.

I haven't liked any of the hires up to this point from GM Ryan Grigson, HC Chuck Pagano, and now more recently bring back OC Bruce Arians.

I realize their are fans out there that love these hires and wouldn't mind seeing Manning gone b/c they want that "sure thing" unproven rookie QB first overall. I hope that Manning is back and we trade out of the 1st overall pick and address the other needs we have. Even if we did let Manning go and drafted Luck 1st overall I have a news flash for everyone OUR OFFENSIVE LINE STILL SUCKS!

I think I have to end it hear since I really have nothing nice to say but I had to get it off my chest and say how I felt.

Sig by Stephenson86
redviper311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't take it to heart yet. It was reported by Jason La Canfora. He gets **** wrong all the time. Think about 3 weeks ago. Did a guy like Irsay even have time to fit Manning's future into his head? I think Irsay wants to give Manning all the time possible to heal. He wants Manning to retire a Colt. He's not going to just decide to cut Manning so far in advance of the deadline.
I couldn't agree more with this killxswitch!

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 01-28-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redviper311 View Post
Granted this could very well the media trying to spin rumors, but words can't even begin to describe how piss I will be if this occurs! All that Peyton has done for the Colts and the city, this is how you repay the man? I get it, it's business, still doesn't change the fact that I disagree with the business decision. In three weeks time the organization has went from one of the class acts of the NFL to one that looks like an Jerry Jones or Al Davis ran team.

I haven't liked any of the hires up to this point from GM Ryan Grigson, HC Chuck Pagano, and now more recently bring back OC Bruce Arians.

I realize their are fans out there that love these hires and wouldn't mind seeing Manning gone b/c they want that "sure thing" unproven rookie QB first overall. I hope that Manning is back and we trade out of the 1st overall pick and address the other needs we have. Even if we did let Manning go and drafted Luck 1st overall I have a news flash for everyone OUR OFFENSIVE LINE STILL SUCKS!

I think I have to end it hear since I really have nothing nice to say but I had to get it off my chest and say how I felt.
Sorry about my rant, I am just VERY passionate this team!

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 01-28-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never would have imagined it, but I do believe he will be cut. I wanted to have him for 2 years and just let Luck rot on the bench. I don't think that will happen. We are in full rebuilding mode and they will part ways. Its probably the most respectful thing that we can do by cutting him. No long drawn out process of us holding him hostage for draft picks, just a thank you and the door.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-28-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without knowing any details on Manning's neck. Andrew Luck might be more of a sure-thing.

I also wonder about the possibility of the Colts not paying the option, then going after him in FA. Just because Irsay doesn't want to pay him the $28m, doesn't mean he can't put forth the best offer. A 2-year, $30m deal might be able to get it done.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually really excited about these hiring. It looks like we are going to be more physical not only on defense, but on offense as well.

I don't want to lose Manning, but I really like how Irsay worded that the Colt was more important than either of them. Seems like Irsay, drunk twittering aside, is handling it well. I'm really optimistic about our GM mostly.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Seems like Irsay, drunk twittering aside, is handling it well.
Yeah, I'll have to disagree with you on that one.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Looks like Keith Butler is the new DC.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75...-d-sources-say
Old 01-29-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Wow. The always trustworthy wikipedia says that he's been the Steeler's linebackers coach since 2003. He apparently also deserves a lot of credit for grooming James Harrison.

As for Irsay...just please don't refer to the Colts as "the horseshoe" again. Please maintain some sort of professional restraint.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-30-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

What beef do you guys have with Irsay exactly? Other than his comments about Manning being a politician, that whole thing was a mess but Manning shares fault too.

I think Irsay has made some very hard, but potentially very good decisions. I don't like or read the tweets but he has impressed me with his decisiveness in changing the future culture of the team.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-30-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What beef do you guys have with Irsay exactly? Other than his comments about Manning being a politician, that whole thing was a mess but Manning shares fault too.

I think Irsay has made some very hard, but potentially very good decisions. I don't like or read the tweets but he has impressed me with his decisiveness in changing the future culture of the team.
Irsay fanned the flames with that statement.

Now all of a sudden, Peyton's potential departure is angry and bitter.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Irsay fanned the flames with that statement.

Now all of a sudden, Peyton's potential departure is angry and bitter.
Manning fanned them first when he criticized the team publicly for firing some of the coaches and by undermining Grigson. I don't like how Irsay responded (both of them should've known better) but I'm not worried about it. The joint statement they issued the next day should be enough of an indication that if Manning leaves, it isn't going to be unnecessarily messy.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Well, they are taking his job and firing his worthless friends. I understand the decision to wait on seeing if he's healthy before cutting him or making a statement supporting Manning. Manning is frustrated and he is a politician, but Irsay is the boss and needs to keep his hands clean in this. Bite the lip and take the criticism.

Irsay's moves and coaching decisions have been outstanding. It doesn't get too much better for "the horseshoe" than having the Raven's likeable defensive coordinator as coach with the Steeler's linebacker's coach and oc as his coordinators. We'll see how well the new GM works with the new coaching staff. I'm assuming that they won't have giant egos and will get along well with each other. Irsay will probably dictate Luck at #1 and the GM/Coaches/Scouts will probably be free to handle the rest.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-02-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Colts hire Greg Manusky to be the DC. Not a fan. I guess he is the best they could do but I hope he just kind of does what Pagano tells him.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-02-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had no clue who he was till i looked at his wiki page. Does not appear to be a great hire.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pagano hired on a couple of former Raven coaches.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...sive-assistant

Marwan Maalouf will be the special teams coach and Roy Anderson will be the secondary/Safties coach.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

He'll do. I consider the 49ers defense to have been Mike Nolan's and the Chargers to have been Ron Rivera's. The Colts defense will be Chuck Pagano's. Plus, he can take the heat if this defense sucks for a year or two.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-02-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
Marwan Maalouf will be the special teams coach.
Hopefully, he's much better then what we've had here for the past 15 years.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Peyton is cleared.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75...ume-nfl-career
Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
He's "cleared" in that his neck is not at risk. But can he throw the ball like he used to?

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-03-2012, 03:23 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Odds of Irsay completely ignoring this report: 100%.

Prowler's Newb Guide