Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 02-03-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roger Marandino is the new strength and conditioning coach. He can't be any worse than what we've seen the past 10 years.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty irritated with both Manning and Irsay. They took shots at each other via media, then had some sort of meeting to decide not to do that anymore, release their joint statement saying so, and then Manning goes back to posturing in the media with this new non-report. And then Irsay just has to respond. I thought both men were better than this nonsense.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I am pretty irritated with both Manning and Irsay. They took shots at each other via media, then had some sort of meeting to decide not to do that anymore, release their joint statement saying so, and then Manning goes back to posturing in the media with this new non-report. And then Irsay just has to respond. I thought both men were better than this nonsense.
I like that fact that Peyton is fighting to stay. It is he that brought football to a traditional basketball state. At the end of the day you want to see that Peyton still has the fire and fight inside him.

Sig by Stephenson86
redviper311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redviper311 View Post
I like that fact that Peyton is fighting to stay. It is he that brought football to a traditional basketball state. At the end of the day you want to see that Peyton still has the fire and fight inside him.
Not like this. He is acting like a teenage girl and I think it's beneath him.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-05-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not sure of his source, but Adam Schefter just reported via twitter that Peyton Manning is willing to create a contract that would contain no guaranteed money up front and would be incentive laden with bonuses.

Now I don't know the legal landscapes of NFL contracts so I don't know if Adam is referring that Manning would consider restructuring his deal with Indy or if Manning was released would he be willing work a contract based on those conditions for his new team to help them out?

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 02-05-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

Found this article on ESPN to go with Adam Schefter's tweet earlier:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75...?eleven=twelve

So the question I have is can Manning restructure his deal with Indy or can is this option only available to teams once he hits FA?

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 02-05-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They can always renegotiate as long as both parties agree. How much each side wants to bend is the million dollar question.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Players can not renegotiate a contract in the same year that they sign one. Meaning that the Colts have to pay the bonus or cut him. Its only for when they cut him, which would wipe out his contract.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:26 AM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Players can not renegotiate a contract in the same year that they sign one. Meaning that the Colts have to pay the bonus or cut him. Its only for when they cut him, which would wipe out his contract.
Good to know. So a scenario that could possible happen is that the Peyton and Jim sit down hammer out something then cut Peyton and resign him to a new deal that would better for the team.

Wishful thinking I know but at this point who knows.

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 02-06-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's kind of the reason why the whole twitter/ independent medical reports are irritating. I could have seen Peyton coming back next year under that kind of an arrangement, but Irsay's "The Horseshoe is bigger than you" bs is probably shutting that door.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-06-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm wondering if Irsay realized he wants to go with Luck, and is trying to politic in that direction.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

That's what I would bet on. I would kill to have Manning stay for one more year, but the smart money is on them going with Luck. Irsay would have to do one hell of a sell job on Manning now(which I'm pretty sure I could do), but I don't see Irsay as being personable enough to pull it off. I think this is just a clear sign of breaking up.

All he had to do is say, "listen Peyton, I paid you a ton of money last year. You have done so much for this organization. Heck, your contributions alone given our "horseshoe" more meaning than it has ever had in the history of this organization. Thank you. However, I've seen what happened to this organization when you aren't here to lead this team. Its irresponsible of me to not draft Luck and plan ahead for this franchise. I might never be in this position again to guarantee a successor of this caliber for this team. I need to draft him. I can't put blind faith into the health of your neck because it cripples our salary cap and our team was the worst in the league without you. I have to cut you. However, you have been and still are our franchise. I want you leading this team for another year or two. I'm not for sure how this will fully work out, but if you would be willing to stay here and help us teach Luck to be half the QB that you have been for us, then please stay. The details of the contract, playing time, etc are all not that important to me. The only thing that matters is that I want you here and we'll work something out that can get Luck limited exposure in blowout games and prepare him for when you step aside. As long as you are a better option than Luck, then you will start. If you will work with me, I want you to retire a Colt."

Its completely an emotional appeal that is "unrealistically naive" in today's business, but honesty sells. I don't see Irsay saying that, but its what I would advise him to do.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-06-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

Quote:
That's kind of the reason why the whole twitter/ independent medical reports are irritating. I could have seen Peyton coming back next year under that kind of an arrangement, but Irsay's "The Horseshoe is bigger than you" bs is probably shutting that door.
I think they may can make up and get something done, but with the Irsay's you never know.

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 02-08-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

And the rumor engine keeps churning:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...SI&eref=fromSI

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 02-08-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Some players got cut yesterday. Jamie Richard, James Williams (?), and Zac Diles. Nothing terribly noteworthy but at least Richard is finally gone. Can't believe they kept him over Devan. Well, yeah I can. Polian.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-08-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

The Indianapolis Colts have promoted Tom Telesco to vice president of football operations. Telesco has spent the past six seasons as Indy's director of player personnel.

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 02-09-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

A Micheal Lombradi report on Manning:

http://tracking.si.com/2012/02/09/re...2_a7&eref=sihp

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 02-09-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

And then there is a report that Irsay is "pleased" with Manning's throwing. Impossible to know what to believe.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-09-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't believe much of anything said about Petyon till he meets with Irsay.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

I don't know how much stock I put into this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...riots/related/

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 02-12-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I think he'd be a great fit in New England.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-12-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

Quote:
I think he'd be a great fit in New England.
Although I couldn't agree more with you, but I would hate to see him in a Patriots jersey considering they are one of three organization cannot stand from top to bottom.

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 02-12-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I really think that we should try and keep him. We have got to have money to spend if we cut Peyton.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-13-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Not that much cash. There's still a $10.4 M cap hit even if we cut Peyton. Which is way lower than $17M (and saves Irsay a bunch of actual non-cap cash) but cutting Manning doesn't mean we get to go nuts in free agency. There is no good way to part ways with him unfortunately.

Plus we have all these crap contracts for underperforming vets like Brackett and Clark to deal with. If I remember right cutting Brackett (who has a $7M cap hit) only saves $200K against the cap. But where is he supposed to play in the defense going forward?

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

Just realized that the Manning deadline is two weeks from Thursday.

Regarding Brackett, if we keep a 4-3, is he suited to take Wheeler's spot?

I like to think that they'll being in scheme diverse players who can be a part of the new and present defense. I don't think anyone will have a real idea of what the plans are for the defense until free agency starts.

What do people think of Drake Nevis in a 3-4? IMO, he's the best young defender we have that I just don't see fitting into a 3-4.