Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 01-03-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Redskins 2012 Draft Thread

Well we pick 6th, hopefully we make a move up, if we don't invest a top pick in a QB i will be ticked. There are essentially only 3 players I want not including Luck who we dont have a shot unless we trade a crap load for him. The three guys are RG III, Matt Kalil and we can move Trent to RT, and Justin Blackmon who I think is the type of WR we needed for a long time. Worst case scenario Claiborne or Kirkpatrick would be acceptable, and I guess even though it's not a need and would be totally unecessary I wouldn't be infuriated if we drafted Trent Richardson because i'm such a massive fan of his.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man STRIP I love you. You summed up ALL of my feelings perfectly. Round of applause.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Well we pick 6th, hopefully we make a move up, if we don't invest a top pick in a QB i will be ticked. There are essentially only 3 players I want not including Luck who we dont have a shot unless we trade a crap load for him. The three guys are RG III, Matt Kalil and we can move Trent to RT, and Justin Blackmon who I think is the type of WR we needed for a long time. Worst case scenario Claiborne or Kirkpatrick would be acceptable, and I guess even though it's not a need and would be totally unecessary I wouldn't be infuriated if we drafted Trent Richardson because i'm such a massive fan of his.
There are four fanbases in the top 12 that definitely feel this way, which makes it fascinating. (WAS, CLE, MIA, SEA)
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck/RG3 or Bust. If we don't get one of them I will destroy something very valuable in my house
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thank the lord landry jones is staying in school
Old 01-11-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys need to do whatever it takes to land RG3.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ares-nfl-draft
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thinking about it, if the Redskins land RG3 and he pans out, you guys could have a helluva bright future.

You have a great, young defense. Some quality youth on the offensive line that could develop if they stay healthy, Fred Davis is a stud if he had a legit QB and Helu is a good young running back.

Couple that with the fact that Romo, Vick, and Eli are all over 30 now, and the Redskins could start to dominate the east in a few seasons. I know age doesn't matter as much for a QB, but they will all start to slow down eventually.

As a Cowboys fan the possibility is upsetting, but it's a very distinct possibility nonetheless.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't even try to get my hopes up.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

What is the MOST you are willing to offer in a trade up for RG3?
Old 01-17-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't lie I'll cry if we trade away the 2013 first round pick.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFF recently put out their all nfc east team. only a few redskins as expected but some interesting notes.

Center: Will Montgomery, WAS

Montgomery was easily the Redskins best lineman as he thrived in Mike Shanahan’s zone blocking scheme. He didn’t allow a sack all year and opened up some significant holes for Washington’s backs. With his contract expired, the Redskins will need to find a way to keep the best C in the division around.

Linebackers: Sean Lee and Demarcus Ware, DAL and London Fletcher, WAS

Lee is unfortunate that he plays in the same conference as San Francisco’s duo of ILBs, because he’s not far behind. His ability to step up and fill a run hole is remarkable and he hardly missed a beat when dealing with a hand injury that required a cast. Ware had another trademark season, knocking the QB down 28 times and pressuring him on 72 occasions. He would probably have led our 3-4 OLB rankings if not for committing eleven penalties which was very uncharacteristic. Finally the ageless Fletcher-Baker rounds out the group. He continues to do everything well despite never receiving accolades. That’s what we’re here for though and this is one he thoroughly deserves. The Redskins must get him back in 2012.

Cornerbacks: Asante Samuel, PHI and Josh Wilson, WAS

This may well come as a surprise to many Eagles fans but Samuel had a great season. He may have continued to avoid tackles and generally perform pathetically in the run game (right Marshawn Lynch?) but a QB rating when thrown at of 52.4 speaks for itself. Wilson didn’t quite recreate the form he showed in Baltimore, but he was still good value for how little the Redskins ended up paying him. Finally Orlando Scandrick makes it in as the nickel despite a sub-par year where he received a new contract. That should tell you all you need to know about the nickelback play in this division.

Safeties: Kenny Philips, NYG and Laron Landry, WAS

If there were any worries about Philips after coming back from that nasty injury they’re gone now. There aren’t many players who make as few mistakes as he does. He didn’t give up a touchdown and allowed a QB rating of just 36.1, good enough for third in the league. As for Landry it’s another year where he flashed immense potential but failed to deliver it with any regularity. Another season cut short by injury also means the Redskins have a touch dilemma when free agency opens.

Another interesting stat on their site, Deangelo Hall ranked 60th among CBs this year in completion percentage allowed at 67% and gave up the 4th most yards of any CB!

Last edited by DiG : 01-24-2012 at 09:35 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we cant trade up and get griffin with our 1st rounder i wouldnt mind trying to trade back that #6 and pick up a late 2nd rounder and select weeden.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
if we cant trade up and get griffin with our 1st rounder i wouldnt mind trying to trade back that #6 and pick up a late 2nd rounder and select weeden.
I hope you don't mean selecting Weeden in the 1st round. At most I'd spend a 3rd rounder on him and even then i wouldn't sleep well @ night.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

sounds to me like hes saying to use a late 2nd on weeden that wed obtain in trading back in the first. weeden in the 3rd actually isn't an idea that i dislike.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick question Redskins fans, how likely is it that you resign LaRon Landry?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:21 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

From Scotts Blog:

Quote:
I asked Washington Redskins Head Coach Mike Shanahan what qualities he looks for in a quarterback and this was his answer:

"Im asked that all the time and it is really hard to pinpoint it. Cause there is so many things you look for. A guys gotta be competitive, very competitive. A guys gotta be bright, extremely bright. Youd like a guy that is an athlete that can make plays on his own sometimes. Usually if he doesnt have that athletic ability hes got to be a little bit taller because he can see and be able to dump the ball off instead of using his feet. But at the end of the day there is so many things you look for and its always hard to find the prototype guy and a lot of times you have to adjust your offense to the type of quarterback you do have."

Competitive. Bright. Athletic. Tall. Doesnt that basically describe Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill perfectly? You could make the argument that Oklahoma St. QB Brandon Weeden fits the profile too. I guess technically it could fit Baylor QB Robert Griffin III since he hedged at the end. It's obviously just an educated guess on my part, but if I were a betting man Id say either Tannehill or Weeden will be playing for the Washington Redskins when next season rolls around.
I'm sorry Scott but I think you're stretching here...If anything that description fits Andrew Luck to a tee moreso that Tannehill. People talk about Tannehill being intelligent but the game tape shows that his decisions are questionable at best often. I would say RG3 > Tannehill in competitiveness, intelligence, and athleticism. Tannehill might have RG3 on "size" but as Shanahan mentioned the size is more important for less athletic QBs. Hoping that Weeden really has left a good impression on Shanahan this week. I think he has the experience and decision making ability to play more immediate than Tannehill.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
From Scotts Blog:

I'm sorry Scott but I think you're stretching here...If anything that description fits Andrew Luck to a tee moreso that Tannehill. People talk about Tannehill being intelligent but the game tape shows that his decisions are questionable at best often. I would say RG3 > Tannehill in competitiveness, intelligence, and athleticism. Tannehill might have RG3 on "size" but as Shanahan mentioned the size is more important for less athletic QBs. Hoping that Weeden really has left a good impression on Shanahan this week. I think he has the experience and decision making ability to play more immediate than Tannehill.
It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted it. After all you are basically trying to read between the lines because coaches aren't going to tell you their plans or who they like. However, during the conference I personally got the impression that Shanahan was talking about a guy like Tannehill or Weeden. Even if Washington does covet RG3 I am not sure that is realistic considering the cost. It is really all speculation, but at least we now know Shanny's criteria.

Tannehill is extremely intelligent though. Does he still make some bad decisions? Absolutely. That is going to happen with a quarterback who only has like fifteen starts or something like that. By all accounts Tannehill's intangibles are first-rate, plus he is tall and athletic. Like I said in the blog, if I were a betting man I'd say Tannehill or Weeden will be a Redskin next season.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 01-27-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Weeden all that athletic, though? I didn't see many OSU games but the ones I did see (Bowl game) I don't recall seeing him do anything that would gain him the title of an athletic QB.

Looked to be more of a pocket type of guy.....
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted it. After all you are basically trying to read between the lines because coaches aren't going to tell you their plans or who they like. However, during the conference I personally got the impression that Shanahan was talking about a guy like Tannehill or Weeden. Even if Washington does covet RG3 I am not sure that is realistic considering the cost. It is really all speculation, but at least we now know Shanny's criteria.

Tannehill is extremely intelligent though. Does he still make some bad decisions? Absolutely. That is going to happen with a quarterback who only has like fifteen starts or something like that. By all accounts Tannehill's intangibles are first-rate, plus he is tall and athletic. Like I said in the blog, if I were a betting man I'd say Tannehill or Weeden will be a Redskin next season.
I've been on the Tannehill to Redskins bandwagon for some time. If they can trade down and acquire extra picks, all the better. However, this may be a situation like Ponder & Locker last year - sheer need at the QB position causes the Redskins or some other team to draft a QB earlier than their value would dictate.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Quick question Redskins fans, how likely is it that you resign LaRon Landry?
Landry refuses surgery,so unless a miracle happens,he will NOT be a Redskin next season,and rightly so in my eyes since this has been dragging on two years.

i would like to see the skins move up in the draft,not to take RG3,but Blackmon who is right up there in talent with julio jones and mega tron.hankerson,blackmon,moss and gafney would be a great bunch of wrs to have.i think they'll take foles or weeden in round two,maybe sign a vet backup like kyle orton or matt moore,and go like that cause anybody is better than grossman!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:19 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if the skins take tannehill im seriously crying. just not a fan.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.

if they take him in the later rounds to develop and he is 3rd string,i got no problem with it. if they use their 1st round pick on him,i'm really pissed cause he is'nt worth it.i'd like to see them dump beck and rex asap,sign a vet like orton or cassell,sign weeden in the 2nd or 3rd round,and have a rookie 3rd string like tannehill.i'd rather see them move up if it does'nt cost a lot and take blackmon.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1crazyredskinsfan View Post
if they take him in the later rounds to develop and he is 3rd string,i got no problem with it. if they use their 1st round pick on him,i'm really pissed cause he is'nt worth it.i'd like to see them dump beck and rex asap,sign a vet like orton or cassell,sign weeden in the 2nd or 3rd round,and have a rookie 3rd string like tannehill.i'd rather see them move up if it does'nt cost a lot and take blackmon.
I just don't see the Skins drafting both Weeden & Tannehill. I'd take Tannehill everyday over Weeden and any of the other QBs after Luck & RGIII. He's not worth the #6 pick but trading down to #20 -#25 would be fine with me.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1crazyredskinsfan View Post
Landry refuses surgery,so unless a miracle happens,he will NOT be a Redskin next season,and rightly so in my eyes since this has been dragging on two years.

i would like to see the skins move up in the draft,not to take RG3,but Blackmon who is right up there in talent with julio jones and mega tron.hankerson,blackmon,moss and gafney would be a great bunch of wrs to have.i think they'll take foles or weeden in round two,maybe sign a vet backup like kyle orton or matt moore,and go like that cause anybody is better than grossman!
I don't think Blackmon is that level of a prospect to trade up to get him. He is good but a notch below the elite WRs in the NFL, IMO.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

I Just hope after the pathetic play at the qb position,we cut beck and grossman! i'd rather see the skins sign a vet like orton,draft somebody like osteweiler from arizona, than let grossman play next here!only thing rex does is throw picks and keep the opponent in every game!they may just stay at 6 and pick whoever is there for them,and sign a younger free agent like marques colston or the bowe kid from kc.i'd also like to see them sign brad smelley from bama,and let davis leave! i wish they'd trade trent richardson too,he's been mediocre at best!