Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 01-29-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you want to get rid of fred davis for smelley... uhhh what.

and let go of our franchise LT trent williams (im guessing you meant him and not richardson??)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
you want to get rid of fred davis for smelley... uhhh what.

and let go of our franchise LT trent williams (im guessing you meant him and not richardson??)
williams has been a joke his whole career in dc! now he and davis are 1 puff away from being banned by the league!let them go and effect some other team,redskins don't need that caca or karma on the team.kepp cooley,keep paulsen,and sign smelley ,he'll be there for the taking in round 3.these drug suspenions kill the team.i saw the same thing happen to dexter manley as a redskin,time to trade trent williams and let davis go.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.

go back and watch older games where williams plays.when guys are'nt running through or by him,and when they are'nt he's holding them cause they can't!
time to trade him and let him become somebody else's problem!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you really are 1 crazy redskins fan...
Old 01-30-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy's got potential
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
you really are 1 crazy redskins fan...
just seen it all in the over 40 years i have been a redskins fan. I Think had jack kent cooke left the team to his son instead of selling it,The Redskins would be a lot better organization now.As good of an owner has mr cooke was,snyder has been twice as bad! the redskins darkest day was when snyder bought the team!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Skins are watching Peyton closely. If he becomes a free agent and checks out health wise they are going to make a run at him. Shanny needs to win next year to keep his job.

Flynn is a wildcard, he is young and unknown but seems to have a lot of the traits Shanahan likes in his QB. Probably will be the most sought after QB on the FA market.

I was an advocate of the Skins going balls to the wall and trading everything for Luck but I do not think the Colts are going to give up the chance to draft Luck. I am not a Griffin fan, he isn't Newton and won't have the same impact as many are projecting him to have. No need to give up multiple picks to get Griffin, might as well keep them and continue infusing young talent onto the roster. Last year's draft was really a breath of fresh air in terms of stockpiling picks and getting some pretty good contributions.

If the Redskins stay at 6 I would consider drafting the CB Claiborne from LSU or Reiff to play LT. Williams is not an LT, just slide him to the right side. If the Redskins move down in the first I could see them making a run at Tannehill - they wanted Locker last year and I think Tannehill is a pretty similar prospect.

I would say the Redskins team needs are as follows:
QB - don't really need to explain this
OL - no real OL standouts, hurt by injuries last year
ILB - London Fletcher is good but 37, no one else really sticks out
DB - could use depth at both safety and corner, will Landry be back?
TE - will Cooley be back? if not Davis needs a running mate
WR - Moss is good but long in the tooth, Armstrong is decent, will any of the young guys pan out
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty happy with my results in the Forum Mock. Heres my finished draft:

2. Washington Redskins (from Rams) - QB Robert Griffin, Baylor*
38. Washington Redskins - OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin
103. Washington Redskins - DT Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati
106. Washington Redskins (from Dolphins) - OT Bobbie Massie, Mississippi*
114. Washington Redskins (from Raiders) - WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas
139. Washington Redskins - C Philip Blake, Baylor
178. Washington Redskins (from Vikings) - FS Neiko Thorpe, Auburn
223. Washington Redskins - TE David Paulson, Oregon

Traded a 2013 2nd round pick and 2012 3rd round pick to move up for Griffin. Traded Cooley for a 4th round pick. I would have liked to have snagged an ILB at some point but the value never really presented intself. What do you guys think?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT, I would make that trade all day for RG3 and then some. Cooley for a 4th would be a steal. I don't think his trade value is even that high. Would definitely be cool with those results though.

RG3 or bust. Shanny doesn't have the time for Tannehill to develop. You only pick up Peyton if you want to be fired, because thats whats gonna happen if you miss the playoffs with him.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys open to drafting Quinton Coples at 6 if you don't end up getting RG3 and can't trade down? I think prospects like Claiborne and Blackmon will be gone before 6, and the BPA are Coples, Richardson, Reiff, Upshaw and DeCastro....

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
I'm pretty happy with my results in the Forum Mock. Heres my finished draft:

2. Washington Redskins (from Rams) - QB Robert Griffin, Baylor*
comes in and starts

38. Washington Redskins - OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin
not starting out of TC but eventually gets the nod

103. Washington Redskins - DT Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati
great rotational guy to get pressure with just the front 3

106. Washington Redskins (from Dolphins) - OT Bobbie Massie, Mississippi*
nice pick up in the 4th for a guy who could be a beast

114. Washington Redskins (from Raiders) - WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas
will be a great st'er until he develops into a 'tana type roll.

139. Washington Redskins - C Philip Blake, Baylor
the type of lineman shanny looks for. good back up

178. Washington Redskins (from Vikings) - FS Neiko Thorpe, Auburn
good st'er, nothing more

223. Washington Redskins - TE David Paulson, Oregon
nice depth pick to fill a somewhat need

Traded a 2013 2nd round pick and 2012 3rd round pick to move up for Griffin. Traded Cooley for a 4th round pick. I would have liked to have snagged an ILB at some point but the value never really presented intself. What do you guys think?
really like this draft.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Are you guys open to drafting Quinton Coples at 6 if you don't end up getting RG3 and can't trade down? I think prospects like Claiborne and Blackmon will be gone before 6, and the BPA are Coples, Richardson, Reiff, Upshaw and DeCastro....
players i would take a 6 are...

luck
griffin
kalil
claiborne
blackmon

in that order.. if we couldnt get a trade down i would take..

decastro
reiff
kuechly

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

Blackmon is the 1st rounder i covent.i'd like jones,the center from ga too.
i'd rather see the skins sign a vet qb,and draft ostweiler from asu,and another qb to learn the system just in case.love to see smelly go to dc too,and hightower.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1crazyredskinsfan View Post
Blackmon is the 1st rounder i covent.i'd like jones,the center from ga too.
i'd rather see the skins sign a vet qb,and draft ostweiler from asu,and another qb to learn the system just in case.love to see smelly go to dc too,and hightower.
i also like ben jones from georgia, nasty player that gets after it every snap. and also on osweiler i like as a project of like 3 years. if not were looking at what happened to jason campbell i think.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1crazyredskinsfan View Post
Landry refuses surgery,so unless a miracle happens,he will NOT be a Redskin next season,and rightly so in my eyes since this has been dragging on two years.

i would like to see the skins move up in the draft,not to take RG3,but Blackmon who is right up there in talent with julio jones and mega tron.hankerson,blackmon,moss and gafney would be a great bunch of wrs to have.i think they'll take foles or weeden in round two,maybe sign a vet backup like kyle orton or matt moore,and go like that cause anybody is better than grossman!
Right, but he might take a one year deal. It's going to be interesting to say the least to see what happens with LL.

Last edited by Orakpowned : 02-26-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Orakpowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

So with a few WRs signed in FA who are you guys hoping we target in the mid rounds?

Mock 3/14:
RD1 - RG3, QB, Baylor
RD3 - Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
RD4 - Philip Blake, C Baylor
RD4 - Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina
RD5 - Travis Lewis, ILB, Oklahoma
RD6 - Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego St
RD7 - Austin Davis, QB, Southern Miss
Old 03-14-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

Mock 3/14:
RD1 - RG3, QB, Baylor
RD3 - Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma St
RD4 - Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
RD4 - Emmanuel Acho, LB, Texas
RD5 - Brandon Mosley, T, Auburn
RD6 - Blake Ayles, TE, Miami
RD7 - Lennon Creer, RB, Louisana Tech or a interior OL (dont know much about em this late)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RD1 - Robert Griffin III - QB - Baylor
RD3 - Markelle Martin - S - Oklahoma State
RD4 - Nate Potter - OT - Boise State
RD4 - James-Michael Johnson - LB - Nevada
RD5 - Brandon Taylor - S - LSU
RD7 - BPA
tmljeh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
RD1 - Robert Griffin III - QB - Baylor
RD3 - Markelle Martin - S - Oklahoma State
RD4 - Nate Potter - OT - Boise State
RD4 - James-Michael Johnson - LB - Nevada
RD5 - Brandon Taylor - S - LSU
RD7 - BPA
Love your picks aside from Martin.
He's awful.
No thanks.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orakpowned View Post
Love your picks aside from Martin.
He's awful.
No thanks.
Not the biggest fan either but we need a FS and its a desperate need. I would love to sign Melvin Bullitt and have him and Meriweather rotate in disguised packages since both have played FS and SS before.
tmljeh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
Not the biggest fan either but we need a FS and its a desperate need. I would love to sign Melvin Bullitt and have him and Meriweather rotate in disguised packages since both have played FS and SS before.
Not a fan of desperate picks with your 2nd pick of the draft.

There are other safeties that can be had later. Allen, Iloka, Robinson, Henry, Whitley, Jackson.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Dro
Rookie

Dro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

R1 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
R3 - (trade down pick up extra 5th and 7th) - Jeff Allen, OT, Illinois
R4 - (Trade down pick up extra 6th) - James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada
R4 - Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisiana-Lafayette
R5 - Brandon Taylor, FS, LSU
R5 - Nate Potter, OT, Boise State
R6 - Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas
R6 - David Molk, C, Michigan
R7 - Janzen Jackson*, FS, McNeese State

last 3 are long shots to fall that far.. man gotta dream though.
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

1 more week!

Old 04-19-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I was going to go to another event and just PVR the draft but I have to see it live. Finally, fellow Skins fans, we have hope!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
Finally, fellow Skins fans, we have hope!!!!