Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-03-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely have some great FCS big receivers to compare him to. (along with Colston mentioned earlier) Throw out one that worked and one that didn't in the second to third area.

Vince Jackson at 61 or Ramses Barden at 85.

Both are big tall receivers than looked good against lower competition. If he runs pretty well at the combine, I see him going somewhere between these two draft wise.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:33 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't like some aspects of his game. Too many times he catches the ball against his body without extending his hands and this lack of technique inevitably leads to a lot of drops and isn't likely to lead to a strong career at the next level.
Unless, he runs a 4.50 or faster at the combine, I see him as a mid round pick, say a round 4/5 type.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I didn't like some aspects of his game. Too many times he catches the ball against his body without extending his hands and this lack of technique inevitably leads to a lot of drops and isn't likely to lead to a strong career at the next level.
Unless, he runs a 4.50 or faster at the combine, I see him as a mid round pick, say a round 4/5 type.
I definitely agree about the body catching, but I don't think he'll fall to the 4th or 5th round unless his 40 time is just awful. He needs to start catching more balls with his hands and improve his route-running, but 6'4" 222 receivers with his body control are rare.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I definitely agree about the body catching, but I don't think he'll fall to the 4th or 5th round unless his 40 time is just awful. He needs to start catching more balls with his hands and improve his route-running, but 6'4" 222 receivers with his body control are rare.

I thought his route running was pretty damn solid for a big WR. A lot smoother than I expected. I question his ability to separate though. If his stock is 2nd-3rd, I'd gladly take Tommy Streeter over him.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think somewhere around 45-65 is a good prediction for him right now.
Jack203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He definitely body catches too much but aside from that I like him overall. I thought he was a much better route runner than your average big receiver and he's probably the best blocking WR in this class. Definitely has the size you want. I know people were down on him early at the Senior Bowl but I really think he was hurt by day 4 being rained out. He improved every day and I think Thursday would have been a good day for him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5th...App State really isn't THAT bad of a football school to come from amongst the schools they play.

It's always amazing the sheer number of guys who get into the first or even second round conversation over the course of the months before the draft...
Old 02-10-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Buchanan has Quick as his best Small Schooler in the nation, a 2nd round player, same grade as Janoris Jenkins.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
Josh Buchanan has Quick as his best Small Schooler in the nation, a 2nd round player, same grade as Janoris Jenkins.
I think it will split the difference, 3rd round for Quick.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
DrAbaddon
Rookie

DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Green has just taken some huge shots from lobs from Dalton. Quick is going to be a damn good player but Green had 3 years of quality production in the best conference in Football and he's an athletic freak.

Quick looks more like Burress than anyone.
Wait...Green played in the Big 12?
DrAbaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Buc Baller12
Rookie

Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.

After watching some of his game. reminds me of demaryius thomas
Old 04-10-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New highlight package.

norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's going to be a stud for some team. After watching the Va Tech game, his game speed is very good for a big WR.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:34 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I think he's going to be a stud for some team. After watching the Va Tech game, his game speed is very good for a big WR.
I watched that game and noted he made 1 catch (for 5 yards) when Hosley was on the field and got no separation from the VT man. After half time (38-0) the backups were in and then he made two big plays - but even so didn't have a great game. I know the QB play wasn't the best but even so I'm not high on him at all. Check out his body language in the Maine playoff game - wasn't a happy camper and flagged for a personal foul after a drop (threw the ball away). In that game did very little until late fourth quarter when the game was all but over.

I know he only played one year of high school ball, so has upside - but athletically at the Combine very average. Can go up and high point the ball - but had too many easy drops. I watched 5 App State game and in only one of them did he look like a day two prospect. Same applies at the Senior Bowl.

It's a very deep WR class this year and I have a bunch of them above him. Day three prospect for me. Give me Marv Jones, AJ Jenkins, Juron Criner, Nick Toon, Marvin McNutt etc. etc. ahead of him.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick has a lot to learn before he can start in the NFL. However, he does have an upside and can get a lot better if he works hard at his profession.
Very late round 2 but most likely a round 3 prospect.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after the catch.. monster

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote