Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game manager just doing what it takes.

Game was way closer than it should have been, team needs to clean up the small things for next week so they can keep things going.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMFFFFFFFFFFG!!!! I had like 2 heart attacks in the last 2 minutes. Helluva game. Everything I thought it was. Alex Smith has earned the right from this fanbase to end all the negative talk, including myself. One of the greatest moments in Niner history. And Alex was the catalyst. His earned the right to lead this team for the forseeable future. Helluva run. Helluva throw. Helluva QB. And I think we showe the league who has the best defense. Bonehead play by Whitner, going for the pick instead of playing it safe. But aside from that play, this defense played lights out for much of the game. Im outta breath.....WHO DAT? WE DAT!!!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the comparison with the michigan ND game was painful for me as a ND/Saints fan

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-14-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need to come up with two more wins. Our free agents are driving up their market value and we need to make this a great destination for those we have to replace.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Were 1 win away from the Super Bowl. Wow.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
The Erickson/Nolan/Singletary filth just washed away in one afternoon.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
OMFFFFFFFFFFG!!!! I had like 2 heart attacks in the last 2 minutes. Helluva game. Everything I thought it was. Alex Smith has earned the right from this fanbase to end all the negative talk, including myself. One of the greatest moments in Niner history. And Alex was the catalyst. His earned the right to lead this team for the forseeable future. Helluva run. Helluva throw. Helluva QB. And I think we showe the league who has the best defense. Bonehead play by Whitner, going for the pick instead of playing it safe. But aside from that play, this defense played lights out for much of the game. Im outta breath.....WHO DAT? WE DAT!!!!!
WHO DAT GOT IT BETTER THAN US? NOBODY!!!

What a game. Alex has earned the right to be our starter. He shut a lot of people up tonight, including me.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell of a game guys. I was pulling hard for you, my dad has been a lifelong 9er fan so it was really fun to see them play like this.

I love the way the defense hits. With the way they play you always have a shot.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Staley leading Smith and taking care of that last guy was pretty awesome to see. Reminded me of Guy McIntyre running the open field like that.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I guess now we become Giants fans for a day?

Quote:
Old 01-15-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Donte Whitner, you are one hell of an enforcer.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 01-15-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
THIS. Larry Krueger said this near the end of the postgame show and it still hasn't really sunk in. What an amazing game. My favorite factoid from this game was that QB coach Geep Chryst drew up the final touchdown last week. Really not sure what else to add. Time to head out and have a few celebratory drinks.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:52 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Watch this.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
So I guess now we become Giants fans for a day?
Hell no. This team can go to Lambeau and win. I aint afraid of Discount Double Check. We just beat the most prolific offense in NFL history, you really think we're worried about havibg to face Green Bay? Taking nothing away from the Packers and that organization but we can play with ANYBODY. Plus the whole Smith vs. Rodgers storyline would be a fun angle to watch during the week. To be the best, you got to beat the best. If we managed to beat Rodgers, then Brady in the Super Bowl, this would probably be considered the greatest Niner team of all time. I hope its the Packers.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell of a game, guys. Congratulations on your win and good luck the rest of the way.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
Old 01-15-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hell no. This team can go to Lambeau and win. I aint afraid of Discount Double Check. We just beat the most prolific offense in NFL history, you really think we're worried about havibg to face Green Bay? Taking nothing away from the Packers and that organization but we can play with ANYBODY. Plus the whole Smith vs. Rodgers storyline would be a fun angle to watch during the week. To be the best, you got to beat the best. If we managed to beat Rodgers, then Brady in the Super Bowl, this would probably be considered the greatest Niner team of all time. I hope its the Packers.
I'm cheering for the Giants because having to go to GB will bring back all those horrible memories of when Favre/Freeman beat us year after year until the Catch by T.O. Also, I rather host the NFC Championship game instead of going to GB plus if it snows or rains in GB, we're screwed.

Anyway, lets go GIANTS!!!!!

P.S. - Dont know about you guys but im calling the Smith to Davis TD pass "the Catch III" :)
Old 01-15-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
P.S. - Dont know about you guys but im calling the Smith to Davis TD pass "the Catch III" :)
Wow! Great idea, Dan. I can't believe noone had thought of that.

:P Love ya Dan. Go Niners!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
At least we wouldn't be dealing with Sproles and Graham anymore. Those guys are annoying as hell.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I'm cheering for the Giants because having to go to GB will bring back all those horrible memories of when Favre/Freeman beat us year after year until the Catch by T.O. Also, I rather host the NFC Championship game instead of going to GB plus if it snows or rains in GB, we're screwed.

Anyway, lets go GIANTS!!!!!

Actually bad weather favors us, as the Packers can't run the ball to save their life. Snow or rain means we run the ball against that porous defense. I still want the Packers. Even though they have Woodson, who is probably the only guy in the league who could neutreulize VD. Would like to see how this team would fair up in Lambeau. Even though they didnt generate any sacks against us, the G-Men D-Line is scary when motivated and they've looked motivated these past few weeks. They have a running game that wouldnt allow us to key in on one element of their offense like we were able to do against the Saints and would be able to do against the Packers. Defending against play-action against Eli would be that much harder because the Giants can actually run the ball.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

And VD has said he wants it to be known as "The Grab". Jimbaugh said either "The Throw" or "The Throw And Catch". Most ppl are calling it "The Catch III".
Old 01-15-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And VD has said he wants it to be known as "The Grab". Jimbaugh said either "The Throw" or "The Throw And Catch". Most ppl are calling it "The Catch III".
Its going to go down in lore as "The Catch 3". With this team's history and the stadium it happened in, it won't be called anything else.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hell if we named the 2nd catch after the 1st one might as well just stick with tradition.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Completely agree. I see VD having a big game as well, burning Harper for some big gains and a score or two.
I effin called that one for sure! The Catch III!!!!

Bring on the Giants! The road to the Super Bowl goes through San Francisco!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 01-15-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woohoo!!! So happy!!! The NFC Championship game returns to where it belongs - San Francisco!!!

I noticed the commentators talking about the Giants/49ers wildcard game back in January 2003 but I didnt like that they didnt mention the huge lead the Giants had and then an awesome comeback by Garcia, Owens, Streets, etc.

Anyway, the Davis TD shouldnt be called anything but "the Catch III". Seriously, how could it possibly be called anything else???

Moving on.....im so happy!!! Go 49ers!!! :)
Old 01-15-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we gonna do this people!!Super bowl bound!!! So does this season give Alex Smith come back player of the year ?
Closed Thread