Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will be the best DE in these playoffs
JJ Watt, Texans 2 1.89%
Haloti Ngata, Ravens 34 32.08%
Justin Smith, 49ers 34 32.08%
Jason Pierre-Paul, Giants 31 29.25%
Other (who dat?) 5 4.72%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Ngata but its easily J Smith for me. The guy gets it done at a very high level in passing and running situations. The rest of the 49ers defense benefits greatly from him and not the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All those dudes listed are game changers and each one of them brings their unique brand of 'fear' to an offense.

Honestly I couldn't pick, partly because a 43 DE was included among the other 34 DEs.

All these guys have that unique ability to spin a QB's helmet.
You know, after a sack when the QB gets up and he's looking out the ear hole of his helmet.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These guys don't really play the same position. Regardless, I threw Justin Smith some love.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I know is that it would be awesome if it was Watts...

I've finally picked the team I want and I would love to see Houston rep the AFC, would just be a cool story and shaft so many things I don't like such as Dallas Cowboys(Wade!), the NFL trying to be pass only, it's a QB league.

On a positive, even if they lose, the Ravens still rep some of that, especially given they win despite their QB(I honestly think they'd be better off if they didn't have Flacco, they spend far too much time trying to prove he is anything but an average NFL QB)

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
FSPH
Rookie

FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NGATA easy. Just watch how many times he has been covered one on one this year. No one draws as much attention as him. Big reason we can get away with 3 and 4 man rushes
FSPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe there should be another thread for outside pass rushers and have this thread be more for inside DL.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some Watt, but hes pretty clearly #4 out of those 4 right now.

I'd take Ngata. Dude is amazing.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Smith has been the best all year, no reason to go away from him now.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Justin Smith has been the best all year, no reason to go away from him now.
A lot of these guys here say that is not true, that Ngata has been the best.
Not sure what they are basing it on other than hearing others from Baltimore say it.

Ngata is great, but I can't imagine he's had more impact this season than Smith has. Seems like the west coast Niners don't get the same love, other than Patrick Willis for some reason.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
A lot of these guys here say that is not true, that Ngata has been the best.
Not sure what they are basing it on other than hearing others from Baltimore say it.

Ngata is great, but I can't imagine he's had more impact this season than Smith has. Seems like the west coast Niners don't get the same love, other than Patrick Willis for some reason.
Thank you for this post. It's so difficult to try to argue for just how underrated Justin Smith is without being disregarded as a homer. Justin Smith is practically dominant on every single snap he plays.

All of the players on the poll are exciting.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Justin Smith:

1st team all-pro DT
3rd team all-pro DE

Some people do realize he was the best DL in football this year.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Justin Smith:

1st team all-pro DT
3rd team all-pro DE

Not judging by this poll ;P
Old 01-11-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so who else voted other, obviously agreeing with me on Tolly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so who else voted other, obviously agreeing with me on Tolly?
I homered to throw Doom some love.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Justin Smith:

1st team all-pro DT
3rd team all-pro DE

A lot of casual fans had never even really watched Smith before today.
I hope they all noticed him today, and why some of us voted for him today.
Dude is THE BEST bad none.

Plus if Shane P Hallam said so.... case closed.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Smith ******* destroyed **** today. It's been awhile since I had seen a performance like that, he looked possesed. He was pushing through guys, grabbing Brees from any way he could, it was amazing to watch. If you have that type of penetration from your 3-4 DE it makes so many more things easy.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Justin Smith is my vote for DPoY.

I hope today helps open some peoples eyes as to why he deserves it, stats aren't everything.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Justin Smith ******* destroyed **** today. It's been awhile since I had seen a performance like that, he looked possesed. He was pushing through guys, grabbing Brees from any way he could, it was amazing to watch. If you have that type of penetration from your 3-4 DE it makes so many more things easy.
It was good to get him and a lot of other guys his first playoff victory.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:07 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

It's no wonder why this guy was such a high draft pick, and a good one obviously, by the ........ Bungles.

Why'd they let him go?
Same reason we let our good DT/DE Cullen Jenkins go?

Again, Justin Smith wins this poll so far.... Ngata, Watt, and JPP have their answer today. I hope we hear nothing about JPP except "encroachment, #90, defense" today a few times.... and "personal foul, hand to the helmet, #90 defense".....

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-15-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Justin Smith simply owned Bushrod all day. Beast!!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That is pretty much how he always plays.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Old 01-15-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
domingo
Rookie

domingo is a cocksman.domingo is a cocksman.domingo is a cocksman.domingo is a cocksman.domingo is a cocksman.

What a picture! Smith is a beast. He does nothing fancy just extreme effort throughout the game and continues to get better and better as he wears down his opponents.
domingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching the game yesterday, it's clearly Justin Smith.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said it in our team thread, but his motor was the most impressive thing. I've never seen Ware play with that type of intensity play to play for a full game, even with as many sacks as he gets.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote