Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Divisional Round Discussion Thread

Saturday

New Orleans Saints at San Francisco 49'ers (4:30)
Denver Broncos at New England Patriots (8:00)

Sunday

Houston Texans at Baltimore Ravens (1:00)
New York Giants at Green Bay Packers (4:30)

Discuss.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dammit.. I really want to see the saints/49ers game. But I have to work.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saturday

New Orleans Saints at San Francisco 49'ers (4:30)
Denver Broncos at New England Patriots (8:00)

Sunday

Houston Texans at Baltimore Ravens (1:00)
New York Giants at Green Bay Packers (4:30)

My thinking.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers/Giants should be a lot of fun. I have a feeling Jermichael Finley plays a key role. Whether with drops or catches, he will be targeted.

Let's go Tebow...?

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wouldn't it be hilarious if the QB's in the conference championship games were Tebow, Yates, Alex Smith and Eli?

ok, the Packers/Giants game doesn't really have a hilarious QB choice, but still, you know what I mean
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
wouldn't it be hilarious if the QB's in the conference championship games were Tebow, Yates, Alex Smith and Eli?

ok, the Packers/Giants game doesn't really have a hilarious QB choice, but still, you know what I mean
No Scotty, no that would not be funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
No Scotty, no that would not be funny.
ok, I understand what you mean, but just imagine...the AFCCG with the quarterbacks being Tim Tebow and TJ Yates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so excited. It's going to be a very long four days.

I think our gameplan for Tebow is going to be drastically different than the one the Steelers came in with. We're still going to try to force him to pass, but the focus should be on making him drive down the field and read overages instead of sitting back and bombing it on cover 1/0.

I'm concerned with Denver's ability to rush the passer though. Our offensive line has had major problems lately, especially at the start of games. We've been getting off to slow starts in general lately, which plays into Denver's strengths a bit too much for my tastes.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna go with three upsets; 49ers, Texans and Giants. Picking the obvious favorite in the Saturday night game, though. The Broncos.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 01-10-2012 at 11:49 AM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm so excited. It's going to be a very long four days.

I think our gameplan for Tebow is going to be drastically different than the one the Steelers came in with. We're still going to try to force him to pass, but the focus should be on making him drive down the field and read overages instead of sitting back and bombing it on cover 1/0.

I'm concerned with Denver's ability to rush the passer though. Our offensive line has had major problems lately, especially at the start of games. We've been getting off to slow starts in general lately, which plays into Denver's strengths a bit too much for my tastes.
How about using the same strategy you guys used when you beat them by a couple of touchdowns about a month ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore is undefeated at home and that place, and that defense, will be absolutely rocking against a rookie QB. I think that's the least likely upset this weekend. It may depend how whether Flacco comes up big or small, and how balanced Cam Cameron is willing to be.

I'm most looking forward to Saints/49ers. I have no idea what to expect here. (See my Wildcard thoughts thread for my full explanation.) I do know that Harbaugh is going to have the 49ers ready to play.

And the Giants are the last team the Packers wanted to see. They played a tough game in the regular season and the Giants defense is absolutely clicking, having allowed 14, 14 and 0 in the past 3 weeks. (The safety counts against the offense.)
Old 01-10-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

discount double check all day

Packers
Saints
Patriots
Texans (using my heart)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I want my Texans to win, I don't think they will. We lost to the Ravens with Schaub, I don't think we can pull it off with TJ, *unless* the "crappy" Ravens show up, you know the one; the team that lost to Tennessee and Jacksonville.

Regardless, I'm very happy with how the Texans did this year. The defense is miles better, we made the postseason, won our first playoff game, and had Schaub not gone down, I think we would have finished 13-3 and had the first round bye.

I just hope Wade doesn't bolt for Tampa Bay. We just got the D fixed, don't want another D.C. coming in and changing things.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
As much as I want my Texans to win, I don't think they will. We lost to the Ravens with Schaub, I don't think we can pull it off with TJ, *unless* the "crappy" Ravens show up, you know the one; the team that lost to Tennessee and Jacksonville.

Regardless, I'm very happy with how the Texans did this year. The defense is miles better, we made the postseason, won our first playoff game, and had Schaub not gone down, I think we would have finished 13-3 and had the first round bye.

I just hope Wade doesn't bolt for Tampa Bay. We just got the D fixed, don't want another D.C. coming in and changing things.
That's the road Ravens. Baltimore is undefeated at home this year and only 3 of the games were even within one touchdown.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just enjoying the moment. Win or lose, I'm just enjoying the moment. Can't complain about our season anymore, what happens from here on out is gravy to me.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints/Niners should be a great game. Strength against strength. San Francisco playing ball control offense to keep the Saints offense off of the field is their best chance to win. They have to play better in the red zone though and make TDs not FGs, or else they will be using a knife in a gunfight.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GO Pack GO! So excited for the game on sunday and my fantasy playoff challenge has mostly packers players so im relying on us going to the playoffs!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
How about using the same strategy you guys used when you beat them by a couple of touchdowns about a month ago.
Let them march up and down the field in the first half and get bailed out by turnovers/deferring on the toss? I imagine we'll do something similar, but I would prefer not to count on the turnovers. I'm not exactly comfortable about falling back on regular season results either, especially not after that entire Jets debacle.

The hardest thing that Denver is going to have to deal with is flipping the script. That was an emotional game and an emotional win. We've seen teams struggle with that in recent years, especially in the playoffs.

Defensively, the most interesting story with us will be where we line McCourty up. After a stellar rookie season where he was a legitimate stud, he's regressed to the point where he's a massive liability. To account for this and try to mitigate our deficient safety play, we played him a ton there last week. He seems to be more comfortable facing the play right now too, so that could help us quite a bit. Our corners are untested and I'm not very confident in them playing well, but against a team like Denver, I think we can get away with it.....and as bad/mediocre as they are, anything that gets Ihedigbo off the field is probably an upgrade.

Gap discipline and tackling are huge anytime you play the type of offense Denver runs and go up against a player like Tebow. We didn't do the greatest job at either of those things in the first game, especially early on. Ninkovich is particular looked pretty bad and made several undisciplined plays out on the edge that led to big gains in the run game. Having Chung and Spikes back will help in that area, especially Chung. A pass rush would help and that's really one of the things that helped bail us out when we struggled early in the first meeting, but the loss of Andre Carter certainly doesn't help in that area(hurts quite a bit against the run as well. Mark Anderson has been an able replacement in passing downs, much to the dismay of a certain Bears fan here I'm sure haha. Letting Tebow sit back there and wait for Thomas to run clear of the secondary and windup is something we can't let happen. I'm much more comfortable with him running around and having to make quick decisions and quick throws. He didn't look at all accurate when Pittsburgh hurried him. He really left some fairly big plays on the field in those situations, even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers/Saints game is definitely the most interesting. It'll be fascinating to see whether San Francisco's defense is the real deal and whether Drew Brees really is "better than Rodgers" which hes not btw.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see us fumbling the ball two times in a row again. It should be a closer game and a pretty good game too. I'm saying around 20-30 points for both teams.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm just enjoying the moment. Win or lose, I'm just enjoying the moment. Can't complain about our season anymore, what happens from here on out is gravy to me.
As a Niner fan. This is how i feel also.

This team has far exceeded my expectations.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
As a Niner fan. This is how i feel also.

This team has far exceeded my expectations.
I thought I felt that way last year about the Bears, but the loss stung just as badly as ever.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts on Niners/Saints

I really feel like this is a great chance for the niners to win. They have the perfect recipe for beating the Saints and match up as well as any team can with them. First off, SF doesn't turn the ball over which is the first key to beat a high powered offense. Making a team drive 70-80 yards for a score every time makes it much harder on the offense. A fresh and healthy Gore should be able to hit 100 easily versus a saints D that can be pushed around and ran on. Smith is also capable of converting 3rd downs to keep the chains moving and has solid weapons in Crabtree, VD, and Kyle Williams. When executing properly this offense controls the ball and the clock. Being able to keep the ball out of Brees' hands for stretches of time is the 2nd key to beating NO.

On the other side of the ball, the Niners have IMO the best D in the league (followed by Ravens and Texans) and get to go against a Saints offense that doesn't play outside particularly well. Their front 7 should be able to stop the saints run game and get pressure on Brees which are another two keys to slowing the saints' attack. Bowman/Willis/Whitner is as good a combination as possible to try and cover Sproles and Graham (Brees' favorite targets). I'm guessing one if not both of them have lackluster days. The secondary vs. the Saints receivers is the biggest concern for SF, Rogers matches up alright with Colston but the other corners on the roster aren't great. Luckily tho the saints secondary receivers are nothing special either. Henderson and Meachem can get deep but thats about it. Slowing down the Saints is no easy task, but the Niners are perfectly equipped to do it. Additionally they get to play at home and outdoors where the Saints dont play as well

IMO this game is gonna come down to Red Zone offense for the niners. If they convert there opportunities into TD's the D will do its job and contain the Saints. Settling for 3 is not an option against NO, if Smith cant make the necessary plays in the red zone to score 7 than the Saints will win. Ultimately I think the Niners pull it out

24-20

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I thought I felt that way last year about the Bears, but the loss stung just as badly as ever.
Don't **** on our parade guy.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe I have to root for the Packers.