Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Dook
Rookie

Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.
Default Dook Mocks

2012 Steelers Mock #1:

1st OT Mike Adams, takes Starks roster spot, starts at LG but backup LT also
2nd ILB Tank Carder, is our #4 ILB
3rd DT Josh Chapman, takes Hampton's roster spot, starts at NT
4th OG Lucas Nix, takes Essex roster spot
5th DT Renard Williams, takes Hoke's roster spot, backup NT
6th QB Austin Davis, replaces Dixon
7th K Philip Welch, replaces Suisham
Dook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very solid draft, talented players that fit our needs very well. If I was to make just one adjustment it would be round 2 with Tank Carder. As much as I think he is a great player and a tackle machine, I just don't think he is the right fit for our defense. I can see Carder as more of a SAM-backer is a 4-3. To play in Lebeau's D, you need to have superior athleticism and the ability to blitz from almost any part of the field, and I just don't think Carder is that player. If available in Round 4 I would consider him just for the sheer value and his ability to be a terror on special teams.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Dook
Rookie

Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.Dook is a cocksman.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Carder but I do think he can not only do the job but definately improve the position. You're comparing him to Timmons, I'm comparing him to Farrior and Foote. Sure I'd like to have another Timmons instead of Carder but that took a #15 draft pick, which we don't have.

They should have taken ILB Sean Lee or ILB Pat Angerer instead of the useless Worilds but that's another discussion.

Carder's speed is the same as Dont'a Hightower but Hightower is probably gone in the late 1st, early 2nd round.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldnt like mike adams at guard. adams and gilbert are a sexy future at tackle
Old 02-18-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Dook
Rookie

I would have only started OT Mike Adams at guard for a year because I think the team wants J. Scott to start at LT since that's what they tried to do last season.

Also I'm just not too sure they would actually start a rookie at LT, and because it would allow us to use other top picks for other areas instead of OG.