Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 01-20-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danny McManus was a BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know why people are fretting over Cassel being the Qb in 2012. HE SAID 2012 not 2012-2016.
Like I said unless Chiefs re-sgn Orton, go for Flynn or draft Luck. I wouldnt want anyone else available other than Cassel at QB in 2012. This is only about 2012.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i get that this is only about 2012. to me its important to get the guy for 2013-16 in here as early as possible. plus, as i said earlier, i think the Chiefs are in a position to trade up more easily this year than they will be in future years.

i'm not freaking out about Cassel in 2012. moreso about not having a QBOTF on the roster, yet
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
i get that this is only about 2012. to me its important to get the guy for 2013-16 in here as early as possible. plus, as i said earlier, i think the Chiefs are in a position to trade up more easily this year than they will be in future years.

i'm not freaking out about Cassel in 2012. moreso about not having a QBOTF on the roster, yet
That's exactly how I feel too. We're in a great situation right now to draft the QBOTF early this year and I'm not sure we'll be picking this high again. Our defense is really starting to turn a corner and we're going to have a much easier schedule this year. Now is the time to do it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I've said it about five thousand times: I DON'T HATE RICKY STANZI, but you can't go into a season expecting a 5th round pick at QB to be the future of your team. We've done this multiple times in the past two decades.

Brodie Croyle was a third rounder that they expected to be the future of the team, remember? He wasn't good enough. He was a bad QB when he was healthy, which was very rare. Damon Huard eventually started over him at QB and how'd that turn out?

You just can't bank on someone with average tools and average athleticism to be your franchise QB. You can't. PERIOD.
Wow...great discussion fellas...I'm a big believer in stats, and Nepg is a crazy mofo. But, can you make the argument that since the Pat's dominance on the 2000's, that it's just as realistic to find a franchise QB in the later rounds as it is in the top rounds? Scott Wrights' draft profile of stanzi made it seem like he had all the tools needed to become a successful QB in this league. He'll be in 5 of the 12 last super bowls? So I wonder how many of the other QB's were first round picks. I also would like to know what that QB's defense was like and/or did they have any other strong position on the team. I also think that maybe sitting a year(or three?) for Rodgers helped him as a QB vs just throwing him in there. I would rather have Cassel than Grossman, and he lead the bears to the super bowl.
My thoughts? I think the 49ers, ravens and Giants(I think Eli is a pretty mediocore QB with a staunch D and two Stud WR's) have shown that you don't neccessarily have to have a franchise QB to win in this league. I'm still not convinced that Cassel can't win us a Lombardi...I mean, once JC and Berry come back at full strength, alot of potential there.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers, Ravens and Giants all have first round QBs. Brady is not the rule, he's the exception.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:43 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Drew Brees' dominance, it's safe to say It's easier to find an elite short QB than a tall one.

So if you guys draft Kellen Moore, it will be like combining Brady and Brees! I see no reason for this plan not to work.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:29 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
With Drew Brees' dominance, it's safe to say It's easier to find an elite short QB than a tall one.

So if you guys draft Kellen Moore, it will be like combining Brady and Brees! I see no reason for this plan not to work.
Yeah well, you have Blaine Gabbert! You jerk!

Old 01-23-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The 49ers, Ravens and Giants all have first round QBs. Brady is not the rule, he's the exception.
Yeah, but two of those three quarterbacks aren't "elite" quarterbacks(I would say eli isn't an elite qb by any stretch either). I don't know if I'd take smith or flacco over cassel.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post

This is an idea. We could be like Al Davis, but instead of drafting for speed we could draft on lack of height. Midget franchise QB? That's part of the "Planet theory" right?
Old 01-23-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Yeah, but two of those three quarterbacks aren't "elite" quarterbacks(I would say eli isn't an elite qb by any stretch either). I don't know if I'd take smith or flacco over cassel.
Eli has had an elite year, and all three of those guys are better QBs than Cassel.