Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 01-16-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I will text him.

Seahawks looking to move down if anyone is willing. If not, I'll pick after vidae.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm here. Reiff, Richardson and DeCastro are gone so I'm going to be a few minutes. The pick will be up shortly.

edit: If anyone is interested in moving up to 11 now is the time.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 01-16-2012 at 05:43 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, overrated Richardson...you don't take first round running backs in this day and age. You'll help your team more by taking literally any other non K/P position and then drafting a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round if you need one.

The drop in NFL level production between a 1st round RB and what you can get in the 2nd/3rd (or even later) rounds is significantly less steep than the drop in any other position.

It's a waste of a draft pick to take a RB that high.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd normally agree with you but Richardson is elite. Not many RBs get to that level, but he did. He's worth a high first imo.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'd normally agree with you but Richardson is elite. Not many RBs get to that level, but he did. He's worth a high first imo.
Yeah, and look at Peterson. One blow to the knee and he may never be elite again.

No RB, anywhere, is worth a high first anymore. Period. Too much investment into a position that takes that level of abuse and suffers relatively little drop off between the highly drafted guys and 2nd/3rd/later round picks.

Think of it this way: Do take Adrian Peterson, or do you take someone else with the first round pick and then take Ray Rice? Or MJD? Or Matt Forte?

Obviously the latter. Just hang back if you need a RB and take one a little later after you take literally any other position with the first.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals looking to trade down still, probably only cost you a 3rd

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Yeah, and look at Peterson. One blow to the knee and he may never be elite again.

No RB, anywhere, is worth a high first anymore. Period. Too much investment into a position that takes that level of abuse and suffers relatively little drop off between the highly drafted guys and 2nd/3rd/later round picks.

Think of it this way: Do take Adrian Peterson, or do you take someone else with the first round pick and then take Ray Rice? Or MJD? Or Matt Forte?

Obviously the latter. Just hang back if you need a RB and take one a little later after you take literally any other position with the first.
Obviously everyone would take the second option because you're giving us the option for two players. With the Adrian Peterson choice you only give us one choice. And who's to say the second round player at another position can't be a stud? It's just personal preference. For every stud runningback you name from the second round, I can name 3 that didn't do jack.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Obviously everyone would take the second option because you're giving us the option for two players. With the Adrian Peterson choice you only give us one choice. And who's to say the second round player at another position can't be a stud? It's just personal preference. For every stud runningback you name from the second round, I can name 3 that didn't do jack.
There's a far greater chance that, at another position, the drop off is going to be far greater.

Alright, let's say your team needs a RB and a S as the biggest needs. Do you take Peterson and a 2nd round safety, like last year Rahim Moore went in the 2nd.

Or do you take a high first round safety, like an Eric Berry or Earl Thomas and then take one of those RBs I mentioned before.

There's just such a drop off any any other position from high first round to the 2nd round and there isn't with RB. I mean, right now, more of the best RBs in the league WEREN'T first round picks than were...you can't say that about any other position.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anybody hit up shylo yet? We had a nice little run going there and I see that both Derza and Hurricanes 25 are both on and they pick for the Jets
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
There's a far greater chance that, at another position, the drop off is going to be far greater.

Alright, let's say your team needs a RB and a S as the biggest needs. Do you take Peterson and a 2nd round safety, like last year Rahim Moore went in the 2nd.

Or do you take a high first round safety, like an Eric Berry or Earl Thomas and then take one of those RBs I mentioned before.

There's just such a drop off any any other position from high first round to the 2nd round and there isn't with RB. I mean, right now, more of the best RBs in the league WEREN'T first round picks than were...you can't say that about any other position.
If you think that Trent Richardson is going to put up AP numbers then he is absolutely worth a top 10 pick. Of course you are going to get good backs in later rounds/undrafted, but for every Arian Foster there is eight thousand Kregg Lumpkins.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I don't like the pick for the Rams I do truly believe that Richardson is worth a top 10 pick, and generally I wouldn't take a RB in the 1st round

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shylo PMed me his number at one point but I accidentally deleted the message while I was trying to make room in case people sent me trade requests or boards. If anyone else has it, please text him.

I ended up falling asleep for a little bit and I'm heading out, but Hines is going to send me a text if anything comes up. Please relay any trade requests, etc. to him tonight and he'll run them by me. I've also left any big boards with him.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Shylo PMed me his number at one point but I accidentally deleted the message while I was trying to make room in case people sent me trade requests or boards. If anyone else has it, please text him.

I ended up falling asleep for a little bit and I'm heading out, but Hines is going to send me a text if anything comes up. Please relay any trade requests, etc. to him tonight and he'll run them by me. I've also left any big boards with him.
Pick is in...sorry for the delay but I would have been selected if you shot me a txt...going to PM you my number again

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice up to pick 17!!! Solid late night of drafting
Old 01-16-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm inclined to agree with Baron. Aside from the fact that it is the position with probably the lowest shelf life for players, the drop off at the back position is considerably less than the drop off at any position. While not every 2nd/3rd rounder is going to be MJD/Ray Rice/Matt Forte, there is a good chance they will be more than serviceable backs. Also even if they stay healthy the bust rate or at least the rate that these guys don't turn into elite players I'd expect would be one of the highest in the league. I mean I think Richardson can be really successful but I don't see him having as big of an impact as some of the other guys you could get in the mid-late first much less the top 10. He's not exactly the freshest back out there and his running style + his injury history scares me for the future.

Also the Broncos might be willing to trade out of the first. So if anyone is interested hit me up.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh. I'll pick within the next 10 minutes or so. Send all trade up offers fast and furious. I may trade #21 for a player, but I am only willing to turn this one into more picks.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The need wasn't huge, but Wright was one of the few guys on the board that has a very good chance of being a difference maker in the NFL. I don't think he'll make it out of the top 15 when all is said in done. In Cincinnati, he'll replace FA Jerome Simpson as the #2 receiver and be given a chance at returning both kickoffs and punts.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Bears looking to move back into the first. 2nd and 3rd round picks available, willing to discuss more.

Get at me.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I like Wright, I feel like Floyd would have been a better compliment to A.J.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Wow that was fast. I'll give it another 5-10 minutes to think about my pick. Hurry up and send in those trade offers.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone wants to trade up to 22, I'm all ears.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

Who do we send the trade offers to right now? Im consumating a deal with Cinci.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Well, it would have been Matthew but he headed out a little while back. I'd say send it to him and include who you want. That way, whenever he gets back, he can check the trade and make the pick.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

MJ said to PM Hines, so that's what I just did. #21 pick should soon belong to San Fran.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

I really don't want to slow things up guys but chitown and I have been in negotiations for this pick for what seems like hours