Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
We've never really seen a dome team make a run though in the playoffs through the road just to get to the Super Bowl. The only team that has won a Super Bowl against a team that was outside was the 2006 Colts against the Bears if I remember correctly. Other than that, dome teams that have won the Super Bowl have done it by having home field advantage through a dome in the playoffs including the Super Bowl and/or facing another dome team in the Super Bowl outdoors.
How often does it happen for team's that don't normally play in a Dome?

I see the correlation as well, I just don't see the causation. Being heavily reliant on a high powered passing attack (like the Colts, Saints, the Vikings not to long ago, the Rams) etc. isn't a dome only thing. The Patriots and Green Bay in recent years have relied heavily on their quarterback and one of those teams won a play off game this year and another won a Superbowl last year.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
How often does it happen for team's that don't normally play in a Dome?

I see the correlation as well, I just don't see the causation. Being heavily reliant on a high powered passing attack (like the Colts, Saints, the Vikings not to long ago, the Rams) etc. isn't a dome only thing. The Patriots and Green Bay in recent years have relied heavily on their quarterback and one of those teams won a play off game this year and another won a Superbowl last year.
Oh well I'm not talking about offensive styles, just environment. I just get the feelings team get used to playing the entire season in one place on a certain kind of turf, and that might effect their chances down the stretch.

As far as your first question, he's happened within the last ten years three times with the Packers, Giants, and Steelers. It's never happened for a dome team even once. I don't think a dome team has gotten close even.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints CANNOT win playoff games away from home.
Packers CANNOT win playoff games AT home.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote