Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Welker can have his little 3 and 4 yard gains, as long as Gronk isn't running people over down the seam on his way to 40 yard TDs. Welker scares me much less then the TEs do.

At least this week we know damn well the Pats aren't going to be running the ball like the Texans. If we are going to stop them, we're going to have to stop them through the air.

Wes Welker:
REC

YDS

AVG

Where do you get 3-4 yards?
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Welker can have his little 3 and 4 yard gains, as long as Gronk isn't running people over down the seam on his way to 40 yard TDs. Welker scares me much less then the TEs do.

At least this week we know damn well the Pats aren't going to be running the ball like the Texans. If we are going to stop them, we're going to have to stop them through the air.
That's an extreme understatement. If you get half your defense fixated on covering the TEs, Welker will make a mockery of them underneath for at least 7-8 yards a pop. Brady was having such a good day with the TEs dominating last week they didn't even need to go to Welker.

If only the Patriots had a deep threat taking the top off the defense...with Welker and the TEs, they'd unfuckingstoppable.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
That's an extreme understatement. If you get half your defense fixated on covering the TEs, Welker will make a mockery of them underneath for at least 7-8 yards a pop. Brady was having such a good day with the TEs dominating last week they didn't even need to go to Welker.

If only the Patriots had a deep threat taking the top off the defense...with Welker and the TEs, they'd unfuckingstoppable.
That's why they signed Chad Ochocinco!

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Put your best CB on Hernandez, and you have no one to cover Welker.
I would be fine with Jimmy Smith on Welker... especially if they weren't making Jimmy play 5 yards off the LOS like they did against SD and instead let him get physical with Welk

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Wes Welker:
REC

YDS

AVG

Where do you get 3-4 yards?
I'm going to assume our defense is good enough to prevent stuff like 99 yard TDs. Ill take Welker working underneath over those TEs burning us deep. The backside fade to Hernandez that the Pats run regularly terrifies me as much as any play in their playbook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'd put Jimmy Smith on Gronk since Smith is a big guy. Steelers put Cortez Allen on Gronk and did a pretty nice job I think on him.

Edit: Smith on Gronk, Webb on Welker, Suggs shadowing and blitzing, Reed also spying on Hernandez and playing up top. I wouldn't trust Pollard on anyone this game.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that's the dilemma your coaching staff faces this week. Let the TEs have a free release and rush the passer with LBs or Jam them and slow their routes. No way in hell you can expect a DB to slow down either of them off the line.
Eh, the only LB we'd be losing any pass-rush with if we had him jam the TEs at the line with is Suggs. We're still not a traditional 3-4 team that rushes both of it's OLBs on most plays. I expect Johnson will be right up on Gronkowski or Hernandez.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going to assume our defense is good enough to prevent stuff like 99 yard TDs. Ill take Welker working underneath over those TEs burning us deep. The backside fade to Hernandez that the Pats run regularly terrifies me as much as any play in their playbook.
Then you're just picking slow poison over the quick strike death.

I just don't think the Ravens match up all that well with Patriots offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I think I'd put Jimmy Smith on Gronk since Smith is a big guy. Steelers put Cortez Allen on Gronk and did a pretty nice job I think on him.
Jimmy Smith may be big for a CB, but he's still giving up what...4-5 inches and 50-60 pounds to Gronk? He may be better suited to keeping up with him than a LB, but he's going to get outmuscled for every one of those contested passes that good TEs get.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-reeds-ankle/

Plus, gimpy Ed Reed. If he's left as the only guy to stop Gronk from getting the end zone, he might make the tackle but it could end up being his last one of the game.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Then you're just picking slow poison over the quick strike death.

I just don't think the Ravens match up all that well with Patriots offense.

Jimmy Smith may be big for a CB, but he's still giving up what...4-5 inches and 50-60 pounds to Gronk? He may be better suited to keeping up with him than a LB, but he's going to get outmuscled for every one of those contested passes that good TEs get.
I'm talking about how big and physical Smith is. Put him on him and don't let him break a long gain on a catch. If I were Baltimore, I'd be happy with the 7-94 and no TDs the Steelers gave him. He catches the ball, Smith tackles him right then.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I would be fine with Jimmy Smith on Welker... especially if they weren't making Jimmy play 5 yards off the LOS like they did against SD and instead let him get physical with Welk
Jimmy Smith could not cover Welker period. You are delusional to suggest it. Reminds me Cromartie trying to 1v1 Welker.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jimmy Smith could not cover Welker period. You are delusional to suggest it. Reminds me Cromartie trying to 1v1 Welker.
I think thats pretty strong talk for a reasonably untested CB... Cromartie might be big and tall but he hardly plays physical at the LOS his advantage is his jumping ability and ability to go up with big/tall WR and fight for contested balls.

I think that Welker getting jammed to death at the LOS would be much different.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have the NYG putting the stomp on the 49'ers
Reasoning?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith on Welker would be awfully big test for an unproven rookie in the biggest game of the year. It could work, but I'd like my chances if I were the Pats.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Smith on Welker would be awfully big test for an unproven rookie in the biggest game of the year. It could work, but I'd like my chances if I were the Pats.
It certainly could fail and he could fall flat on his face... but then you have switch it up. I think you have to go into this game with a few different looks/coverage schemes or you'll fail anyway.

I would like to see if it would work, jamming Welker on these short routes and playing him close to the LOS would probably be the ideal way to stop him and I think Jimmy would be our most physical guy.

You could try him on a Gronk or Hernandez but if he flops there it's going for a TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Reasoning?
I'm not trying to upset 49'ers fans :P it's just my prediction.

The Gmen are hot right now and playing well on the road.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It certainly could fail and he could fall flat on his face... but then you have switch it up. I think you have to go into this game with a few different looks/coverage schemes or you'll fail anyway.

I would like to see if it would work, jamming Welker on these short routes and playing him close to the LOS would probably be the ideal way to stop him and I think Jimmy would be our most physical guy.

You could try him on a Gronk or Hernandez but if he flops there it's going for a TD.

I dunno I think Welker will eventually burn Smith. Maybe not deep over the top but he'll get a ton of seperation and YAC. The only thing it would do is allow more time to get pressure on Brady.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think putting Webb on Welker for most of the game is a far more likely scenario. Probably better for us too, I'd rather not move Smith into the slot where he hasn't played much (at all?) this year and Webb has been very good all season.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I dunno I think Welker will eventually burn Smith. Maybe not deep over the top but he'll get a ton of seperation and YAC. The only thing it would do is allow more time to get pressure on Brady.
Bad thing? :P

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I think putting Webb on Welker for most of the game is a far more likely scenario. Probably better for us too, I'd rather not move Smith into the slot where he hasn't played much (at all?) this year and Webb has been very good all season.
Just to so I don't seem like a complete Raven hater, as I also think like BB it will be ugly for them, I absolutely love Webb. He is the most underrated player in this league. I'm counting the days until his free agency.
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welker getting his 3-4 yards? APS you silly drunk bastard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Pats win it all, I think the traditional 3-4 is gonna start to die out. San Francisco is doing big things with it now. But I think with all of these big tight ends coming into the league, teams will be forced to address this mismatch through schematic implementation of big, fast linebackers.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Bad thing? :P
No. If you get there. If you don't, I think Welker would be wide open if Smith were to really get physical with him at the LOS.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I still think we are going to need him blitzing a lot (indeed out of the slot) especially if we end up having Suggs covering Gronk

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not upsetting. Just trying to pick your brain. Can't argue with gut feelings. I'll simply counter with this...

The 49ers are hot right now and playing well at home.

;)
Old 01-17-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Not upsetting. Just trying to pick your brain. Can't argue with gut feelings. I'll simply counter with this...

The 49ers are hot right now and playing well at home.

;)
Very true. I might actually have to retract my previous statement I think both games will end up being pretty good. I still think the Gmen win but I will take back that they are going to roll over them

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote: