Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying things but I just can't see Cam Cameron and Joe Flacco beating Bill Bellicheck and Tom Brady. I'm with BB on this and think Belly is going to sell out against the run, being even willing to give up some big scores early to get Cam to give up on the run and go all pass. And in that game of trickeration I'm going with the master of deception.

As for the Ravens D I'd agree that they're a little over-rated, but only because this year they had great seasons from their top stars who stayed healthy, kinda like the bears D last year, and so there's parts that can be taken advantage of if the stars they have don't make up for them. That's why I think Brady will be able to take advantage of that D, especially if the D is able to bait the Ravens into an up tempo shoot out style game.

HOMER CORNER
This Giants/9ers game has me sick. I genuinely think that the giants can make it through to the superbowl, but both teams are very different from the teams that played in the regular season. That game was Alex Smith’s coming out party in many respects, as the giants sold out to stop the run and Smith was able to take advantage of the soft zones and was able to use his mobility to avoid the minimal pressure we did manufacture. Now he’s coming of a huge 4th quarter performance in a game that has already entered 9ers lore.

Meanwhile the Giants passing attack has grown even sharper so that the mistakes that gave the 9ers their turnovers in the previous matchup are much less common, the running game is a little less futile, as teams ease up on it over the course of the game to focus on our passing game and thus has come through with some key plays.

The biggest difference however is the defense, no longer is the “rush-3, drop 7 and have one guy stick his thumbs up his ass” a staple of our defense. We’re bringing at least 4 on almost every play and we’ve dropped many of the complicated adjustments that lead to so many blown coverages in the regular season.

I can’t fully blame Fewell for that scheme for exactly the same reasons I can’t blame Killdrive fully for his retardedly complex passing concepts, if you have smart guys who have chemistry and experience in the scheme playing together for a while it can become absolutely unstoppable, but what’s infuriating is that he stuck to it in a season where we were losing a solid Corner every other week, starting with the one guy who was better in zones than simple man. With that kind of turnover, expecting guys to be able to communicate well enough to play simple zone is tough enough without expecting them to read the offense to determine which zones they need to be dropping into.

Looking at the matchups from the perspective of a giants fan, here are the areas that I think will make or break this game.

VD and Delanie Walker vs Boley and Jacquain Williams
Last week Alex Smith and Vernon Davis hooked up to eviscerate the saints. For the giants to prevent falling in similar fashion they will need Boley and Williams to play great in coverage. While these two have done a phenomenal job this season they are both smaller guys that a freak like VD could overpower. The Giants have been horrible in the middle of the field for many years but this season that changed as those two did a great job on more finesse TEs like Finley, Witten and Hernandez. What gives me hope is how the team managed to contain Gronk and the Pats passing game in a game I was sure the Pats were not going to loss. Replicating that success will be huge to giving our defense a chance to make the stops we'll need to win.

The Giants DL, what of it?
This ties in with the previous point, the giants DL will need to have a great game since they can’t just pin their ears back and attack the way they could just go after Aaron Rodgers, what would be very unfortunate would be to have to chip their TEs with our Ends if our Linebackers are unable to contain them. While JPP can still affect plays without getting to the QB thanks to his ridiculous orangutan arms, having him hit VD at the line on every play would be a real kick in the balls.

Especially since I’m worried about that running game, so far we haven’t been tested by a running game like this one since our D got its **** together and in the last matchup selling out to stop the run played directly into our soft coverages. If Canty’s not 100% this could end up deciding the game as an effective running game will minimize how much we can go with multiple DEs and our nickel package, something that could prove crucial if we need to start chipping VD off the line and could lead to Alex Smith having all day to run around once again.

What are we going to see from the 9ers D?
The 9ers D has been the league’s best run stuffing unit this season and a big part of that is the mobility of their inside backers that lets them stay in their base D in many situations where other teams need to shift into their nickel packages. For a team as bad at running the ball and as dedicated to balance as the giants this will be a huge battle. If the giants passing game can force the 9ers to back out of their base packages the running game will get the opportunity to make some plays. Something that has a tremendous impact on our offensive efficiency since Eli needs to face less 3rd and super longs, even if Eli has been on fire on them so far. Additionally keeping Aldon and Jason Smith off of Eli is going to be a struggle that the credible threat of a running game would be really helpful for. Fortunately the giants passing game is clicking so I have a good feeling about this one, unlike the matchup of our Run D against Frank Gore and that big OL.

Which ever side is able to win these battles will go a long way to determining the winner of the game. What makes this so hard for me is that I could see those matchups going either way and I’m not sure how either team will carry their momentum into this game, seeing the 9ers come out flat after their epic first playoff win in almost a decade wouldn’t surprise me at all and seeing the giants come out sloppy with the media blowing hot air up their asses after the back to back smackdowns they’ve laid on the opposition would surprise me even less. That said I think both teams will come out firing and this will settle into another physical battle that may just come down to who has the ball in their hands last.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Delanie Walker going to play?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Is Delanie Walker going to play?
I think he's still questionable? Would be sweet if he didn't and we could try both Boley and Williams out on VD to see which one does better against him and let the other guy have more freedom, the way we played Finley with Williams for the most part while Boley got to stick in a zone.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Maybe I'm oversimplifying things but I just can't see Cam Cameron and Joe Flacco beating Bill Bellicheck and Tom Brady.
I've been saying for a while now that I don't think the Ravens can ever win a Superbowl with Cam Cameron. He's a slightly less extreme version of Mike Martz.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From early comments it sounded like Walker thought he'd be ready to play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
From early comments it sounded like Walker thought he'd be ready to play.
Walker himself seems to think he'll be ready to go:
https://twitter.com/#!/Dwalk46/statu...53338001850369

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dition-sunday/

Team is less sure.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for a Ravens and 49ners superbowl. Please knock Eli off, it's always hard to like Eli with my bias against him, but he's playing so good right now.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even as a giants fan, i wouldnt be too down if the 9ers made it to play the ravens. I just dont want to see the patriots win, i cant handle all the extreme smugness from their irritatingly arrogant fans. youd think it was actually them that won those super bowls and not the team...
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
even as a giants fan, i wouldnt be too down if the 9ers made it to play the ravens. I just dont want to see the patriots win, i cant handle all the extreme smugness from their irritatingly arrogant fans. youd think it was actually them that won those super bowls and not the team...
Ohhhh, they're nowhere near as bad as the Packer fans would have been winning two straight.

I can see the threads now...

"Aaron Rodgers, GOAT?"

"2010-11 Packers, GOATT?

Old 01-17-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well both games appear to be a toss up IMO.

I'm thinking the Giants and Eli are on another one of those runs and San Fran will have a really tough time stopping them but it should be close.

I love Tom Brady as a QB, one of the best I've ever seen, and I think they win especially if Reed cannot play or is playing at half speed because of his injury. However, Baltimore has won a lot of big games this season so it should be close.

Should be a great weekend with outstanding football.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Well both games appear to be a toss up IMO.

I'm thinking the Giants and Eli are on another one of those runs and San Fran will have a really tough time stopping them but it should be close.

I love Tom Brady as a QB, one of the best I've ever seen, and I think they win especially if Reed cannot play or is playing at half speed because of his injury. However, Baltimore has won a lot of big games this season so it should be close.

Should be a great weekend with outstanding football.
*At home. 8-0 there, 4-4 on the road with embarrassing losses, including to the likes of Jacksonville.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
*At home. 8-0 there, 4-4 on the road with embarrassing losses, including to the likes of Jacksonville.
That Jacksonville game is so long ago at this point it is irrelevant. Everyone seems to be on our bandwagon and we lost to the damn Foreskins twice. I'd just be more concerned with how the Ravens played this past week. If they play like that against the Patriots, they will not win. They also didn't play exceptionally well in week 17 either.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
That Jacksonville game is so long ago at this point it is irrelevant. Everyone seems to be on our bandwagon and we lost to the damn Foreskins twice. I'd just be more concerned with how the Ravens played this past week. If they play like that against the Patriots, they will not win. They also didn't play exceptionally well in week 17 either.
Last week:

0 sacks, 2 QB hits

Flacco 50% completion

Rice <3.0 ypc

Gimpy Ed Reed

AND on the road where they are 4-4 on the year and lost to the likes of Jacksonville.

I don't have much confidence in the Ravens needless to say.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
The media disagrees with you on Baltimore. NFLN ESPN etc are preaching that New England isn't physical enough and won't last.
Are you serious? the media has been on Belichecks nuts saying he is back. He is turning free agents cast offs like Sterling Moore into starter. Moving a struggling Devin McCourty to safety. Putting Julian Eldman(sp?) on defense. How that ravens don't have much of a shot without Ed Reed being healthy.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wheres the pick em' thread?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Last week:

0 sacks, 2 QB hits

Flacco 50% completion

Rice <3.0 ypc

Gimpy Ed Reed

AND on the road where they are 4-4 on the year and lost to the likes of Jacksonville.

I don't have much confidence in the Ravens needless to say.
It's not like the Patriots have been dominating besides against Tebow. They were down 21-0 against the Bills and came back to score 49 unanswered points but that had a lot to do with Stevie Johnson being benched after his TD celebration. Against the redskins and Dolphins they barely won.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
It's not like the Patriots have been dominating besides against Tebow. They were down 21-0 against the Bills and came back to score 49 unanswered points but that had a lot to do with Stevie Johnson being benched after his TD celebration. Against the redskins and Dolphins they barely won.
All totally true, won't argue that.

It's just a feeling I have. I look at the teams...one led by Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and playing with a playoff fire I haven't seen in a long time with them...and the other led by Joe Flacco with Cam Cameron calling plays. And coming off of a game where they couldn't even touch the 3rd string rookie QB in the pocket.They barely won while being gifted turnovers, something I doubt the Patriots will hand them.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ohhhh, they're nowhere near as bad as the Packer fans would have been winning two straight.

I can see the threads now...

"Aaron Rodgers, GOAT?"

"2010-11 Packers, GOATT?

eh ive been reading the boards since fall of 04 and they were pretty bad then, very comparable to the packers now. but eh hopefully we'll have to deal with neither and the pats will somehow lose to the ravens this weekend.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants / 49ers game should be a great one, with the last possession making the difference. Defense wins championships. The 49ers bring the D and apparently can play some offense, too. I do think the Giants are playing their best football at the right time, though. It's just a question of whether or not they get the ball last.

The Pats / Ravens game is the one I think turns into a blowout. The only problem I am having is that it could go either way. If NE comes out fired up and playing great it could easily be a Patriots rout. But this D can give up tons of yardage and the Ravens can trample the Patriots morale quickly if they can score early. Selling out to stop the run is cool and all, but can backfire pretty quickly when you have an atrocious defensive backfield.

Pressure up the middle is the difference with Brady. The lack of middle pressure from the Broncos had me reasonably optimistic for that game. The same can't be said for the Ravens.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people are confusing the Ravens playing very poorly with the Texans playing pretty well. Aside from a few drops, the game circumstances (rookie QB on the other side, playing with the lead for the majority) made it completely understandable that the Ravens offense looked the way it did. But the main reason was that Houston defense. Wade Phillips did a hell of a job with that group.

It's a week-to-week league. Baltimore will play well this week. Everyone is on their case because they were least impressive in victory. Fact is, last week doesn't matter at all this Sunday at 3:30.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I think people are confusing the Ravens playing very poorly with the Texans playing pretty well. Aside from a few drops, the game circumstances (rookie QB on the other side, playing with the lead for the majority) made it completely understandable that the Ravens offense looked the way it did. But the main reason was that Houston defense. Wade Phillips did a hell of a job with that group.

It's a week-to-week league. Baltimore will play well this week. Everyone is on their case because they were least impressive in victory. Fact is, last week doesn't matter at all this Sunday at 3:30.
Well said.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Yes, let's never take anything that ever happened in the past into consideration for predicting future events. I'm sure that will go well. Let's eliminate history classes from schools too, because why not?
Old 01-17-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
eh ive been reading the boards since fall of 04 and they were pretty bad then, very comparable to the packers now. but eh hopefully we'll have to deal with neither and the pats will somehow lose to the ravens this weekend.
I wasn't around until 2007 (was following as a non member in 2006) and outside of RC (who rarely posts anymore) I think the Pats fans on this board are all pretty awesome modest guys so hopefully thats not what your referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, let's never take anything that ever happened in the past into consideration for predicting future events. I'm sure that will go well. Let's eliminate history classes from schools too, because why not?
I think he's referring to the fact each game is its own battle and things in the nfl change very quickly.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
I think he's referring to the fact each game is its own battle and things in the nfl change very quickly.
I won't necessarily disagree with that but when you look back over the season...see the Ravens at 4-4 on the road...the lousy game they had last week...

And I keep breaking it down to this. Who do you take if pressed? A Bill Belichick coached team with Tom Brady at QB or a team with Joe Flacco at QB and Cam Cameron calling the shots?

I just don't like the Ravens in this matchup.