Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
There's really 1 reason and 1 reason only why I think the Patriots will win this game fairly convincingly:

Joe Flacco.

If the Ravens had a qb with any sort of pocket presence, ability to read defenses, or consistent accuracy and anticipation skills, they'd win. But they don't. They have Joe Flacco.
I think you are under-estimating Flacco and over-rating the importance if QB play then.

Last week Flacco was 14/27 for 170 and 2 scores against an elite defense while being pressured/harassed all day and with the running game completely shut down. Ray Rice isn't getting 60 yards on 20 carries against the Pats. That is a fact. I'm also willing to bet the Pats get nowhere near the same amount of pressure the Texans got last week. AND the Houston secondary is so vastly superior to New England's. I know it looks real ugly sometimes when this offense is out of sync, but there not going up against a good unit this week. There going against a unit that Matt Moore, Rex Grossman and Ryan Fitzpatrick had field days against. Flacco is a superior QB to those guys, he will be fine. Its not like hes TJ Yates tossing up picks left and right. Hes a slightly above average QB with a live arm and ability to make big plays

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I realize this, but Belichick isn't just going to let it happen in a playoff game. He's going to come up with something. Remember, this is the guy who took down young Peyton Manning in epic fashion multiple times in the playoffs.

And if the something he comes up with works even slightly, it could be a bad day for the Ravens. Having McCourty play more safety is a nifty trick to start.

Perhaps I have too much faith in Belichick.
These teams had MUCH better defenses than the situation this year.

I like Belichick as well but I saying he will come up with "something" isn't exactly convincing me they will walk away with an easy W.

Where was his brilliance in the two losses to teams with winning records?

McCourty at safety has worked out okay but he made some terrible decisions in the run game and will still take some serious adjusting if they intend to keep him there long term.

If one wishes to take that kind of risk in the playoffs, I guess thats their prerogative, but I wouldn't do it. It may work out great, but I think it equally has a chance to be a dismal decision.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I realize this, but Belichick isn't just going to let it happen in a playoff game. He's going to come up with something. Remember, this is the guy who took down young Peyton Manning in epic fashion multiple times in the playoffs.

And if the something he comes up with works even slightly, it could be a bad day for the Ravens. Having McCourty play more safety is a nifty trick to start.

I don't think it's a question of too much faith in Belichick. It's just a whole lot easier to "come up with" something when you have a studly collection of players.

With that said, there are guys in this current D that look to be comfortable and truly understanding how to play. That is a key factor - especially at "the right time."

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco is an average qb. His stats are misleading, he was awful in that game. I'd put Flacco right around 15 or 14 in terms of qb rankings in the NFL, which makes him middle of the pack.

I'm not saying he's Blaine Gabbert by any means, but in a battle of Tom Brady vs Joe Flacco, even with Flacco's defense being much better than Brady's, I'm betting on Brady to make more plays to win the game.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be pretty shocked if we don't see a NYG-NE rematch.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Flacco is an average qb. His stats are misleading, he was awful in that game. I'd put Flacco right around 15 or 14 in terms of qb rankings in the NFL, which makes him middle of the pack.

I'm not saying he's Blaine Gabbert by any means, but in a battle of Tom Brady vs Joe Flacco, even with Flacco's defense being much better than Brady's, I'm betting on Brady to make more plays to win the game.
As FE pointed out:

Vince Young and Dan Orlovsky shredded this Defense

Flacco > than VY and Orlovsky combined :P

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He's also the guy that lost a home playoff game to a 2nd year Joe Flacco who threw 10 times. Oh and he let a 2nd year Mark Sanchez throw for 3 TDs and a 127 rating in another home playoff loss

I would say too much faith is an understatement

Sig by Me
Old 01-17-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

A bunch of teams outside of the Broncos took down young Peyton in the playoffs. Some of them didn't win but it wasn't their fault the Cots defense came alive.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I hope no one cares who starts the Pick 'em threads but I posted one so we can get these picks in the books :P

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens/49ers superbowl would be pretty amazing! A great defensive game and throw in the brothers facing off and i just need to see this game!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Ravens/49ers superbowl would be pretty amazing! A great defensive game and throw in the brothers facing off and i just need to see this game!
Where were you on turkey day?

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Think about what your saying man. If Flacco can be awful and still throw 2 TDs and no turnovers, what happens if he plays well, even just decent? Not mention hes going up against an incredibly inferior defense.

Its not a battle of Tom Brady vs Joe Flacco tho. Its Ravens v Patriots, and Brady over Flacco is just about the only advantage the Pats have (Him and his recievers)

Better O-line? Ravens
Running game? Ravens
D-line? Ravens
Linebackers? Ravens
Secondary? Ravens

Its one thing when your QB is turning the ball over and giving points to the other team. Flacco hasn't been doing that. Just because hes not Tom Brady doesnt mean he cant beat the Patriots. Th Ravens are a better team across the board

Sig by Me
Old 01-17-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Ravens vs SF/NYG don't matter. I want Ed Reed to win a SB. I know if the Ravens win it will start Joe Flacco is elite talk. ugh
Old 01-17-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Better O-line? Ravens
Running game? Ravens
D-line? Ravens
Linebackers? Ravens
Secondary? Ravens
What is funny is that this is a similar set up to the Giants-Packers game that no one thought the Giants would win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
I want the Ravens vs SF/NYG don't matter. I want Ed Reed to win a SB. I know if the Ravens win it will start Joe Flacco is elite talk. ugh
Don't you say that :P

I think Ravens fans are pretty realistic about who Joe is as a QB. He isn't anything great but he is exactly what we need. A guy who can make throws to move the chains when needed to with the run game being the focal point.

If only Cam Cameron would realize this

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Think about what your saying man. If Flacco can be awful and still throw 2 TDs and no turnovers, what happens if he plays well, even just decent? Not mention hes going up against an incredibly inferior defense.

Its not a battle of Tom Brady vs Joe Flacco tho. Its Ravens v Patriots, and Brady over Flacco is just about the only advantage the Pats have (Him and his recievers)

Better O-line? Ravens
Running game? Ravens
D-line? Ravens
Linebackers? Ravens
Secondary? Ravens

Its one thing when your QB is turning the ball over and giving points to the other team. But just becuase hrs not Tom Brady
I get what you're saying. You're right, I'm being too harsh. I just don't trust Flacco in a big game. He's yet to show me he's capable of putting together a great game when he's on the spot.

He did it vs the Steelers this year, so maybe that's a sign. But for the most part, I don't view him as a big game qb. He's gonna have to prove me wrong for me to start trusting him. That's all.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
What is funny is that this is a similar set up to the Giants-Packers game that no one thought the Giants would win
People thought the Giants would win. The main thing in that match up is the difference in QB was FAR less than it is here. And our WRs and QB both outplayed their counter parts as well. It was a beating. Without a few favorable calls it could have been worse.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's also the guy that lost a home playoff game to a 2nd year Joe Flacco who threw 10 times. Oh and he let a 2nd year Mark Sanchez throw for 3 TDs and a 127 rating in another home playoff loss

I would say too much faith is an understatement
To compare those games is redundant. The team has grown and clearly wasn't ready to play either of those, but those games are useless to dwell on or compare.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
People thought the Giants would win. The main thing in that match up is the difference in QB was FAR less than it is here.
That and the Giants are peeking. The Ravens slept walked against a team that handed them turnovers and won by one score.

Everything that typically causes me to doubt a team is going for the Ravens right now.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
To compare those games is redundant. The team has grown and clearly wasn't ready to play either of those, but those games are useless to dwell on or compare.
Just 3-4 weeks ago you guys claimed the pats were the worst defense ever.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I get what you're saying. You're right, I'm being too harsh. I just don't trust Flacco in a big game. He's yet to show me he's capable of putting together a great game when he's on the spot.

He did it vs the Steelers this year, so maybe that's a sign. But for the most part, I don't view him as a big game qb. He's gonna have to prove me wrong for me to start trusting him. That's all.
I admit it is hard to trust Flacco haha. Its easier to trust him against an awful defense tho, and he's gaining experience/maturity in this his 4th year. This is the biggest moment for him in his career as he is the only thing (unless Brady goes off off off off) thats standing between Baltimore and an SB apperance.

Sig by Me
Old 01-17-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
People thought the Giants would win. The main thing in that match up is the difference in QB was FAR less than it is here. And our WRs and QB both outplayed their counter parts as well. It was a beating. Without a few favorable calls it could have been worse.
WHO? I know people who WANTED the Giants to win... I don't think that many people predicted that the Giants would come in and beat the 15-1 Packers.

(for the record, I did predict the Giants would win :P )

Quote:
That and the Giants are peeking. The Ravens slept walked against a team that handed them turnovers and won by one score.

Everything that typically causes me to doubt a team is going for the Ravens right now.
and the Pats beat arguably one of the worst teams in the playoffs (other than an injury hampered Stealers) and are 0-2 against teams with winning records.

Not to mention your semi-contradicting yourself friend. You even said that the Texans might (paraphrasing) have been the best team in the playoffs. I wouldn't have called it sleep walking it was a well played, tough game with some bad play calling on one OC part

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 01-17-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WHO? I know people who WANTED the Giants to win... I don't think that many people predicted that the Giants would come in and beat the 15-1 Packers.

(for the record, I did predict the Giants would win :P )
There were certainly some. At least on this board. Maybe not on the national sports media. A few Packers fans were getting all pissy at the love people were giving the G-Men.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 guys on ESPN picked the Giants also. There were a decent amount going for the Giants.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not to mention your semi-contradicting yourself friend. You even said that the Texans might (paraphrasing) have been the best team in the playoffs. I wouldn't have called it sleep walking it was a well played, tough game with some bad play calling on one OC part
*With Matt Schaub. If they had him you would have been blown out. 4 free turnovers and you turned it into a one score victory over a team led by a rookie QB?

That's beyond what any reason team could hold you too. That takes self inflicted wounds as well.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved how Michael Strahan was the only one who picked the G-men as well...big **** you to all them other tards in there haha

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote