Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-18-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Would You Take Trent Richardson in Top 5?

This question has been tossed up by several Buc fans who think he'd be a better selection at 5 over Morrs Claiborne, if they were dealt with this situation.

Regardless of the Bucs situation, if you had a top 5 selection and have a need at RB, would you take Richardson?

Things to take in consideration, Richardson is a complete back and physical bruiser. However, the wear and tear RBs go through in the NFL, consistantly knicked up.

Also, the rest of the field. The RB class is solid and you can get yourself a Lamar Miller, Chris Polk, or Wilson from Va Tech in round 2.

My question: Would you take him in the top 5? Thoughts, opinions?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't. There's just not a strong correlation between quality at RB and winning. It's not unusual to see a RB have a great year while his team stinks. Look at MJD this past year. He couldn't stop the Jaguars from stinking, despite having an All-Pro year.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Richardson, and I think elite runningback prospects do deserve to go high. However, Claiborne is also an elite corner prospect, which is inherently more valuable.

If I'm the Bucs, I take Claiborne, but I also think Trent is worth a top 5 pick in a vacuum.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

Eh... MoJo had a massive amount of turnover on the roster working against him, though.
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Bucs pass and Seattle resigns Lynch, TR can fall all the way to either the Jets or the Bengals
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. I wouldn't I could find a RB later that'll be productive.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Preston
Rookie

Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Truly depends. I would, but only in a scenario like Cleveland; great young defense, but an offense that lacks explosion in every sense. I'd pick up Matt Flynn or Brian Hoyer, draft Richardson at 4 and then Floyd/Wright at 22 and let my new QB work with these new weapons.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like him in the top five, this year or any unless the top is just devoid of talent.

He is good running back, but not his biggest fan to start of with. I just don't know if he is dynamic enough to give enough value. I think he needs to give in all phases of the game to be worth it. Granted he could be another Tomlinson, who had huge questions in the passing game due to scheme, but blew it up in the NFL.

The only top five teams that might want him are the Browns and I guess the bucs.

I think the Bucs have bigger holes and Claiborne is similar level in quality and better value due to position.

If the Browns want him and not RG3, why not trade down with Washington and get him at 6?
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah. Before yeah, but as much as I love a great running game, rather work on the big uglies to make it easier for your 3-UDFA rb to have success. Easiest position to transition and short self life so gotta wait it out.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
PrimetimeTheDon
Rookie

PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.

Yes.

His freshman year I considered him a superior prospect to Ingram, whom I considered a very good prospect from his freshman year despite being buried in talent on the depth chart.

Richardson is Adrian Peterson minus the 4.3 speed at this point. And he has the work ethic to improve his explosiveness to that low 4.4 to high 4.3 type of level.

If Richardson cracks the 4.4's at the combine, he will be top 5 overall for him. If he can hit 4.40 or lower, I'd rate him #1 overall.

You watch this kid early in the year against inferior opposition and it was just amazing. On 4th and goal you'd say, run a PITCH to Trent, bc if TWO people meet him at the one yard line, he is scoring.

That **** is rare. Very rare.

He is perhaps the best RB prospect since Peterson (who I ranked 2nd overall to megatron).

Badababaaa, I'm lovin it.
PrimetimeTheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If ever there was a running back who is worth it, it's Richardson.

With that said, if I were running a team I'd be waiting until Round 3 for a running back this year.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Bucs fan I would have no problem with us drafting Richardson. To team a young QB in Freeman with a monster RB like him would be great for both.

Also with the new rookie pool we would be signing him to what a 18 million dollar deal? You see how much top backs go for on the open market! It would be a steal for us.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm Tampa? No. Get a scat back to pair with Blount and go and get the elite CB prospect.

But, I'd definitely take Trent top 5. Just such a talented prospect. He's someone you can easily give 365+ touches to. If I'm the Bengals, I'm trying to trade up for him. I'm still not sold on Dalton being a franchise guy, but if you give him that line (pick up a G in FA) with weapons like Richardson, Gresham, and Green with Gruden calling the plays? You could be looking at some big things.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
As a Bucs fan I would have no problem with us drafting Richardson. To team a young QB in Freeman with a monster RB like him would be great for both.

Also with the new rookie pool we would be signing him to what a 18 million dollar deal? You see how much top backs go for on the open market! It would be a steal for us.
I don't think people are arguing he could provide value. The thinking is that you can add more value to your team by going elsewhere. Skill wise there might be a bit of overlap with Blount. If you go forward with Blount and a shiftier guy much later in the draft, plus a top flight corner prospect, isn't that better overall talent than adding Richardson?
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely would take Richardson in the top five.

We pretty well know Luck, Kalil and Claiborne will go in the top five.

Luck will go first. Then there are several scenarios to consider. The Rams take Kalil. That leaves the Vikings looking to trade back or taking Claiborne. If they take Claiborne, that leaves Cleveland with RG3. Then, if I'm Tampa Bay, I take Trent.

Now, if RG3, Kalil and Luck are the first three picks, that leaves the Browns with Trent and Claiborne. I would take Claiborne, but I would understand taking Trent. He's a terrific talent. Then I take Trent if I'm the Bucs.

If the Browns would take, say, Blackmon with RG3 already gone, however, we have a different story. That would leave the Bucs with Trent and Claiborne available. Then I take Claiborne, and Trent is not a top-five pick.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I wouldn't. There's just not a strong correlation between quality at RB and winning. It's not unusual to see a RB have a great year while his team stinks. Look at MJD this past year. He couldn't stop the Jaguars from stinking, despite having an All-Pro year.
Terrible argument. Other then a QB, what one position would have altered the Jags season and made it any different then what it was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I respect Richardson's talent, I am confident that I can get a runner in the third round who can give me similar production for a fraction of the cost. Especially this year.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's interesting to look at because to most he's the best RB prospect since Peterson (I mean, I have Ray Rice up there, but what do I know?), and Peterson didn't even crack the top 5. I certainly would because he's got such an incredible skillset and natural talent, it depends on the team really. Guys like McFadden went 4 IIRC, so it's a pretty interesting debate on the team, needs and really who else is there. If your team needs a RB (or some sort of playmaker on O) and also a DT, but there's not really any DT's there...is someone really gonna pull up the old "RB's aren't worth it that high?"
-granted, I know if you're picking that high you've got many needs, but the argument still holds really
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As much as I respect Richardson's talent, I am confident that I can get a runner in the third round who can give me similar production for a fraction of the cost. Especially this year.
I've always felt it really depends on a guy being drafted by the "right" team and the right situation. A team who gets a RB in the 3rd round may not have many other needs and a solid O and the guy can fill in and not miss a beat, whereas a team picking this high may need that uber talented gamechanger to win games and where them waiting til the 3rd round, that guy may not be as productive
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is pretty easy to find a good back in rounds 2, 3, or later. On top of that, they have the shortest shelf-life of any position in the NFL. Unless it's a hall of fame type player like LT, Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders, etc. then I wouldn't take one in the top 10 picks unless my only team need really was to find a top notch runningback. I think Richardson is more like Mo Drew or Steven Jackson or Matt Forte than Peterson, Tomlinson, or Sanders. I wouldn't take him worth a top 5 pick.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
it's interesting to look at because to most he's the best RB prospect since Peterson (I mean, I have Ray Rice up there, but what do I know?), and Peterson didn't even crack the top 5. I certainly would because he's got such an incredible skillset and natural talent, it depends on the team really. Guys like McFadden went 4 IIRC, so it's a pretty interesting debate on the team, needs and really who else is there. If your team needs a RB (or some sort of playmaker on O) and also a DT, but there's not really any DT's there...is someone really gonna pull up the old "RB's aren't worth it that high?"
-granted, I know if you're picking that high you've got many needs, but the argument still holds really
I am pretty sure the reason he wasn't a top 5 pick was because teams thought he might need surgery on something forget but that is why he fail.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes, hes a monster. i loved ingram but it was just so clear that richardson was the more beastly one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
It is pretty easy to find a good back in rounds 2, 3, or later.
Yeah, you can find good backs in rounds two and three, but how many of them are stars? Trent Richardson is, in my mind, a guaranteed star.

Ray Rice and Matt Forte were great picks. If I knew I could get Rice in the second round over A.P. in the top ten, I absolutely would. It isn't that simple though.

Tons of running backs are drafted in the second round. In the past three years, Montario Hardesty, Ben Tate, Ryan Williams, Shane Vereen, Daniel Thomas, Toby Gerhart, and Shonn Greene were all drafted in the second round.

It's not like drafting a running back in the second round guarantees you're getting LeSean McCoy.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Exactly and there will probably not be any elite CBs in round 3. If Clairborne is there I hope the bucs take him. No need to waste a 1st round pick on a RB when some of the best backs in the league are usually drafted in the 2-5 rounds.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Quip View Post
I don't think people are arguing he could provide value. The thinking is that you can add more value to your team by going elsewhere. Skill wise there might be a bit of overlap with Blount. If you go forward with Blount and a shiftier guy much later in the draft, plus a top flight corner prospect, isn't that better overall talent than adding Richardson?
Who would you want?

Richardson 1st and 2nd Chase Minnifield/Janoris Jenkins?

Or

Claiborne 1st and 2nd Lamichael James/Chris Polk?
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote