Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-19-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Who would you want?

Richardson 1st and 2nd Chase Minnifield/Janoris Jenkins?

Or

Claiborne 1st and 2nd Lamichael James/Chris Polk?
I do agree this is an interesting question. My initial choice would be to go Claiborne. The Bucs offense did take a step back this year though. They could use an elite runner like Richardson to give that offense a boost. I don't think they can go in to another season with Blount as the only guy. But then you look at last year and a guy like Demarco Murray was drafted in the third round. I don't think you can lose either way really. In a division with Drew Brees and the pass happy NFL in general I go with Claiborne. Barber is ancient and Talib is a risk to get suspended long term at any moment.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Scotty D : 01-19-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my opinion on drafting a RB early.

If you have a QB who sits between Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo / Philip Rivers, talent wise, then you probably don't want to draft a good RB early. Your team could arguably get more production throwing the ball 40-50 teams a game then handing it off to a great running back 20 times a game anyways.

But if you're a team sitting on Alex Smith, Andy Dalton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, an unknown like Matt Flynn and then possibly some higher tier guys who work out of a run system like Matt Ryan then I think someone like Richardson is a fantastic investment to your team. This guy isn't just a runner, he can protect and catch as well, which most 3rd round backs cannot do right away.

It seems like some people don't even believe that Richardson is the best back in this draft. Make no mistake, he certainly is. He should be the most productive back from this draft, baring injuries / a team with a poor O-line drafting him.

Also, let's just squash something real fast. The reason MJD doesn't help the Jaguars win games is because they have some of the worst talent in the league, period. The Rams are in a similar boat with S-jax. A good halfback DOES contribute to victories, but he can't do it on his own.

It's no different than the fact that Andre Johnson didn't turn the Texans into an instant play off team - but WR's are still coveted. Or how about Revis not making the Jets instant superbowl contenders. Does that mean we shouldn't draft a CB in the top 15?

This is a team game, let's not forget that.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Tons of running backs are drafted in the second round. In the past three years, Montario Hardesty, Ben Tate, Ryan Williams, Shane Vereen, Daniel Thomas, Toby Gerhart, and Shonn Greene were all drafted in the second round.

It's not like drafting a running back in the second round guarantees you're getting LeSean McCoy.
Darren McFadden, Reggie Bush, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Carnell Williams

Neither does taking one in the top 5.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:45 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a stud. He's not a franchise maker, though.

In a draft class with 2 QBs (top 5 material), there is no way I'd take him top 5.

I love Richardson, but he's just not a franchise changer. He's a very good RB who should go top 10 but who could also be neutralized on offenses that don't have a passing game already (see Alabama vs LSU).
Old 01-19-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
PrimeTime
Rookie

PrimeTime hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Who would you want?

Richardson 1st and 2nd Chase Minnifield/Janoris Jenkins?

Or

Claiborne 1st and 2nd Lamichael James/Chris Polk?
I would rather have Richardson and Janoris Jenkins personally. I feel Janoris will be a beast in the league. Richardson will be a star as well.
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
I would rather have Richardson and Janoris Jenkins personally. I feel Janoris will be a beast in the league. Richardson will be a star as well.
Character issues: He'll probably go to Cincy.

Someone will take him at the end of Round 1.

Me personally, I wouldn't want him, especially in Tampa. The Bucs already have a headache at CB in Talib, why get another?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didnt jenkins not even play that well at n. bama?

im really not sure hes a first round prospect, and i wouldnt even consider putting him in the best in the league discussion...he has asante samuel like potential but that remains to be seen and if he didnt show it at a small school where he was a man among boys, what makes anything think he will show it right away in the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
didnt jenkins not even play that well at n. bama?

im really not sure hes a first round prospect, and i wouldnt even consider putting him in the best in the league discussion...he has asante samuel like potential but that remains to be seen and if he didnt show it at a small school where he was a man among boys, what makes anything think he will show it right away in the NFL?
Thank you.

I'd prefer:

Claiborne 1st
then
Polk 2nd.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knee scope. Won't run or do any drills. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...ent-richardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man that some weak stuff. Be doing that stuff on purpose some of these guys.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Claiborne everytime

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Man that some weak stuff. Be doing that stuff on purpose some of these guys.
Yea he wants to play in Cincy.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. The way the modern NFL operates, I don't think any running back is worth a top 5 pick, no matter how good he is.

I mean, if you could guarantee me that he'd be a first ballot hall of famer right now, I would probably take him in the top 5, but that's an unrealistic scenario, as there are no guarantees in the actual draft (and I would take a player at any position in the top 5 if you could guarantee me he's a first ballot hall of famer; especially punter.)
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Yeah, you can find good backs in rounds two and three, but how many of them are stars? Trent Richardson is, in my mind, a guaranteed star.

Ray Rice and Matt Forte were great picks. If I knew I could get Rice in the second round over A.P. in the top ten, I absolutely would. It isn't that simple though.

Tons of running backs are drafted in the second round. In the past three years, Montario Hardesty, Ben Tate, Ryan Williams, Shane Vereen, Daniel Thomas, Toby Gerhart, and Shonn Greene were all drafted in the second round.

It's not like drafting a running back in the second round guarantees you're getting LeSean McCoy.
Ben Tate is pretty darn freakin' good. The chances of drafting a good, starting, even pro bowl RB in round 2 or 3 aren't that bad actually. There is a far better chance you draft a pro bowl RB with a round 2/3 pick than any other position.

You are better off taking your chances in round 2 or 3 b/c the chances of getting another Jones-Drew, Tate, Forte, DeMarco Murray, Jamaal Charles, Frank Gore, etc. are pretty decent....while the chances of drafting a first round RB turning out to be just a Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, CJ Spiller, William Green, TJ Duckett, Tim Biakabatuka, KiJana Carter, Curtis Enis type, etc. aren't that bad either. You are much more likely to get a guy like that with a first round pick than you are an LT, OJ, Barry, Emmitt, or Chris Johnson or Darren McFadden even.

It's so incredibly easy to find a good back in round 2 or later that it's hardly worth taking one so high.....and in today's NFL you need two pretty good backs instead of an elite one....and you don't even need an elite back with how the game is being so QB and passing game oriented. The Saints, Patriots, Colts, Giants, and Packers all won recently with marginal talent at RB - some of those teams didn't even run the ball well at all.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Richardson won't be participating in drills at the combine due to minor knee surgery but says he will participate in Alabama's pro day.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/sto...s-knee-surgery

I think Richardson is an outstanding prospect but IMO people are overestimating his straightline speed.

He won't get an electronic time from Indy now(funny how that works out!), and at Alabama's pro day I don't see him doing any better than a 4.55-4.6 flat.
Richardson is quick, tough, powerful with decent vision, but I've never been awed by his speed which is why I don't get the comparison to Adrian Peterson.

Richardson is a complete RB, but he's not a guy who's a threat to go the distance on any carry.
Trent is Jamal Lewis without the pure foot speed.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 02-23-2012 at 05:13 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe there are certain QB's that play better in a run first offense. I know it sounds like I'm stating the obvious, but guys like Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan are great QB's, really great, when their running game is clicking. However, if you ask them to air it out 40+ times a game, you're going to get mixed results. I think if you have a QB like that and you're in need of a RB, then you got to take Trent Richardson in the top 5. Other than that I'd take my chances later in round 1 or in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Unless of course the 2nd coming of Reggie Bush (don't laugh, he was an extremely talented prospect) or Adrian Peterson (without the injuries) has entered the draft.
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:35 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way I think its a good idea is if your already a pretty good team that needs a RB. Now why you would be picking that high could be for a variety of reasons (trade, or a major player got injured, or just a bad season). But I just can't see a team with tons of holes to fill spending such a premium pick on a short lived position.

That said I'm a big fan of drafting BPA, and if you have a guy rated that high then sure. I just by nature rate RB's lower due to their position. And if its between Richardson and Mo then its Claiborne every day. He's an elite player at a premium position.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Cardinal96
Rookie

Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default No

I would not waste a top 5 pick on a RB. Period. It has been proven that you can get very good RB talent drafting later on. I would focus on elite skill positions. QB, LT, DE, DT, CB.
Cardinal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the timing of this knee injury hurts his stock. RB's have such a short career anyway, this is not a good thing for TR.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

No way.Knee surgery already.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't worry too much about Trent's 'knee surgery'. Whatever procedure he had done, I bet if it was during the season he would still play Sunday.

IMO this was probably an elective surgery( like a minor arthroscopic procedure to clean up scar tissue)that allowed him to conveniently miss the combine and give him Richardson a few more weeks to prep for Alabama's pro day.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
IMO this was probably an elective surgery( like a minor arthroscopic procedure to clean up scar tissue)
the question begs why does a 22 year old have scar tissue? it's tread off the tires and that's a negative.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Trent, but I wouldn't take him over Morris Claiborne. Both are elite prospects at their position, but a corner is way more valuable than a running back.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I love Richardson, and I think elite runningback prospects do deserve to go high. However, Claiborne is also an elite corner prospect, which is inherently more valuable.

If I'm the Bucs, I take Claiborne, but I also think Trent is worth a top 5 pick in a vacuum.
Not more valuable, but longer lived. A typical starting RB is done before season 6. They will sometimes linger, but lingering is what they are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Character issues: He'll probably go to Cincy.

Someone will take him at the end of Round 1.

Me personally, I wouldn't want him, especially in Tampa. The Bucs already have a headache at CB in Talib, why get another?
I do not see him last much past #10, and not til #17. The Chiefs at #11/12 are one possibility.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kinda depends on your system. If you run a pass heavy offense like the pats/packers/saints there is no rb that is worth drafting in the first ever imo. Id even venture to say that the receiving third down kinda back has more value for those offenses.

that being said, if you are not one of those teams and when you dont have the qb to fully carry a team richardson is the type of back you might want to go high for.

cliffnotes: depends on the system

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote