Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Wodwo
Rookie

Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I'd say most average males cannot throw a football near 50 yards.
I know I couldn't throw that far. My Uncle started at QB for West Virginia and I doubt he could throw that far now even though he stays in shape.
Wodwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Talking about Vick's arm strength I will always think of this throw.

Technically that pass was 65 yards in the air, not 88, but who's counting.

There's only handful of guys in the NFL who can even attempt that throw.

BTW, I think Mallett could have put 10 more yards on that pass, but would have overthrown Desean Jackson.

Accuracy>>>>>arm strength.
Both??
Cyborg.

Man I can't wait until we get a chance to see Mallett start a regular season game.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Too much starter QB bias.

Top 6;

Mallett
Newton
Stafford
Cutler
Flacco
Roethlisberger

Honorable mention - Vick/Kaepernick/Locker/Rodgers/Brady/Matt Moore.

I see more velocity on Vick's throws nowadays than pure arm strength, if that makes sense.

IMO Mike Vick had more 'wow' throws before he went to prison, times where when you watched him you thought, "damn he's literally throwing the ball too hard for his WRs to catch, except he doesn't look like he's throwing that hard."
Well it is kinda what the OP asks for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dregolll View Post
I know armstrength isn't the only factor when looking at QBs but who would be your top 6 in the league in terms of pure armstrength. The candidates have to be starting QBs also. You don't have to rank them but who are the 6 you think. I will say in no particuliar order Newton,Stafford,Vick,Cutler,Flacco, and Rodgers. What are your?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Double post, my bad

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
dregolll
Rookie

dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll

IMHO, big Ben's arm is not all of that, certaintly not a top 5 in terms of pure armstrength. Also, for anyone to put the Mannings in the same sentence as Newton in terms of armstrength is just pure ignorance. Cam Newton has one of the strongest arms I've seen. This guy has a top 3 arm in the NFL. just take a look at this video highlights. He can make throws very few QBs can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYDa7zOLVd4
dregolll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
JetMan01
Rookie

JetMan01 is a cocksman.JetMan01 is a cocksman.JetMan01 is a cocksman.

1A Stafford
1B Flacco
3 Cutler
4 Vick
5 Brady
6 Rodgers

I think that Brady throws a much better ball than he did early in his career. Its hard to imagine arm strength improving, but I remember when Brees' arm strength was questioned at SD and at NO its not legendary but also not a problem. Also, I wish Palmer was still Palmer, he'd make this list.
JetMan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dregolll View Post
IMHO, big Ben's arm is not all of that, certaintly not a top 5 in terms of pure armstrength. Also, for anyone to put the Mannings in the same sentence as Newton in terms of armstrength is just pure ignorance. Cam Newton has one of the strongest arms I've seen. This guy has a top 3 arm in the NFL. just take a look at this video highlights. He can make throws very few QBs can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYDa7zOLVd4
Didn't watch the whole video but the first two passes he throws in it are underthrown. I watched a ton of Newton at Auburn and a few Panther games this year and saying he has a top three arm is ridiculous. Stafford, Cutler, Vick and Flacco all unquestionably have stronger arms. Newton is pretty much the same level as the bigger QBs like Freeman and Roethlisberger. I would probably put him right behind Freeman and right ahead of Roethlisberger.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
dregolll
Rookie

dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll

Look at that throw vs the Bears. That throw is off his back foot at about 65 yards.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
dregolll
Rookie

No stating that he has a top 3 arm is not ridiculous, stating that he is in the sam tier as the Mannings and for god sakes Philiip Rivers shows me that you know absolutely nothing about football.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is this a joke list? In terms of actual arm strength these rankings are terrible. No way is Fitzpatrick not in the last or second to last tier and putting Moore and Henne, who actually have fairly strong arms, or even Dalton and Smith, who aren't weak, on the same level as Kolb and Bradford is lol-worthy. Since I have HW that I should be doing but don't feel like doing so here is how I would rank all 32 starting QB's, no particular order within tiers

Top Tier:

Cutler
Stafford
Vick
Roethlisberger
Flacco

Above Average Tier:

Freeman
Peyton Manning
Rodgers
Eli Manning
Brady
Rivers
Skelton
Newton
Palmer

Average Tier:

Brees
Jackson
Romo
Moore
Grossman
Smith
Schaub
Sanchez
Ryan
Tebow

Low Tier:

Dalton
Gabbert
Hasselbeck
Ponder
Cassel

Bottom Tier:

Bradford
Fitzpatrick
McCoy

Think that is everyone
Newton threw a 40 yard laser while being tackled backwards to Olsen this year, also threw like a 30 yard frozen rope with a defender on his back to Smith.

The dude has an arm in the same class as the top guys. Grossman's arm is stronger than sanchez's by a big margin too.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80
Average Tier:

Brees
Jackson
Romo
Moore
Grossman
Smith
Schaub
Sanchez
Ryan
Tebow
Tarvaris Jackson has one of the strongest arms in league there is no way he belongs anywhere near brees, romo, schaub, etc.

Quote:
Low Tier:
Dalton
Gabbert
Hasselbeck
Ponder
Cassel
Ponders arm strength is better than most people give him credit for.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...-huge-TD-catch

Ball travels about 57 yards through the air, and Gabbert doesn't belong down there either.

Quote:
Bottom Tier:

Bradford
Fitzpatrick
McCoy
Bradford doesn't belong in the same grouping as people like Colt McCoy and Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Tarvaris Jackson has one of the strongest arms in league there is no way he belongs anywhere near brees, romo, schaub, etc.
Yeah, Jackson sucks, but he has a cannon for an arm...just zero accuracy on his deep ball.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

stl705 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1.) Stafford - I think he's got the liveliest arm in the game.
2.) Vick
3.) Cutler
4.) Freeman
5.) Palko- a bit underrated imo..
stl705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:56 AM    (permalink
DrAbaddon
Rookie

DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

WHOA, why in the hell is Bradford at the bottom? Bradford has a top 10 arm...
DrAbaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
JetMan01
Rookie

JetMan01 is a cocksman.JetMan01 is a cocksman.JetMan01 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl705 View Post
1.) Stafford - I think he's got the liveliest arm in the game.
2.) Vick
3.) Cutler
4.) Freeman
5.) Palko- a bit underrated imo..
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAbaddon View Post
WHOA, why in the hell is Bradford at the bottom? Bradford has a top 10 arm...
Where's flacco? And I'd argue Bradford is the poster boy for an average arm.
JetMan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no Kolb in the bottom 10?
Old 01-20-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
DrAbaddon
Rookie

DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMan01 View Post
Where's flacco? And I'd argue Bradford is the poster boy for an average arm.
I just don't see that from Bradford, I know there were questions about his arm strength coming out but he really seems to have a nice lively arm.
DrAbaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had to show this one, couldn't find a better quality

Cutler 65 yard throw in the ai andr takes a shot after he releases it

http://youtu.be/LeIvkvsVAyc

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
no Kolb in the bottom 10?
I didn't rank him, I tried to do just starters and I used Skelton instead. Revised list with more thought put into it, and I watched some highlights for QB's I don't watch that much normally.

Top Tier:

Stafford
Cutler
Vick
Flacco

I don't think anyone would really disagree these are the top four starters.

Almost top tier:

Roethlisberger
Newton
Freeman
Jackson
Skelton

All definitely have strong arms but not quite the class as the top four.

Above Average Tier:

Rivers
Peyton Manning
Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Eli Manning
Grossman

I almost put the last three in the average tier but I feel like they separate themselves from those in the average tier enough to warrant them being here.

Average Tier:

Romo
Moore
Smith
Schaub
Sanchez
Ryan
Tebow

Nothing special here, though I considered putting Moore into the above average tier

Below average tier:

Dalton
Hasselbeck
Ponder
Gabbert
Bradford
Cassel

Everyone here is behind the average enough to warrant their own tier. If I was going to move anyone from this up it would be Gabbert and possibly Dalton

Bottom tier:

Fitzpatrick
McCoy

Don't think there is any argument here, either
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a big Stafford fan and I'd rank Vick number 1. His arm is insane, especially since half the time he's got sloppy footwork.

1. Vick
2. Stafford
3. Cutler
4. Flacco - Especially on deeper throws, makes those look easy.
5. Newton
6. Big Ben - put him over Brady because I think he has more natural arm strength. Brady's footwork is so good which allows him to get so much zip.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:23 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Boller

That's it. He's 1-6
Old 01-22-2012, 03:26 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Kyle Boller

That's it. He's 1-6
J-Roc had a stronger arm.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen Newton throw a 50 yard strike off his back foot whilst scrambling to his left.

He's definitely on that list.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#1 Ryan Mallett

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:19 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady belongs in this conversation as well. Anyone remember this bomb from the Super Bowl? This throw is one of the most ridiculous I've ever seen in terms of pure arm strength.