Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-18-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hebron Fangupo, DT, BYU

A large human being with australopithic strength. He is listed at 6'1, 330 lbs, as a former JUCO to USC to BYU defensive player it seemed he finally gained some traction towards the NFL whilst in Provo. Spending most of his time as an end in the BY 3-4 defensive scheme Fangupo developed a vast array of skills beyond the bull rush. Comes off the ball with a low center of gravity while displaying enough balance to shed blockers to shot the gap or occupy multiple blockers as needed. Versatility is one of his strong points so he is not going to be hamstrung by any specific scheme. Unlike many defensive tackles who rely on pure strength alone, Fungupo engages and penetrates whith his eyes up well aware of his surroundings. Often times you will see players take themselves right out of plays by keeping their head down. There are times in which Fengupo will allow an interior linemen get his hands outside his shoulder where it forces him unconsciously to collapse his arms and being owned rather then shedding or bulling through that position. He would not be considered a top 200 prospect but a late round or UDFA that could provide a team with a camp body and potential of being a rotational defensive linemen.

Check out the web for the background to why he left USC, quite interesting. Seems like a humble, hard working lunch pail to work type player.

Also, his age must be noted and also injury history which may prevent him more so than the film from him to be drafted.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 01-18-2012 at 10:57 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hebron has a Combine invite, so that bodes well for his chances of being selected late.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is true not only for a measurables standpoint but to talk to decision makers face to face.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've REALLY liked the kid since he was getting recruited. He'd make an ideal run plugging NT. Albiet he may only be a situational or 2 down player at best, but he's still elite in that category. I'd like for the chargers to scoop him up late. Seems like an ideal fit for us.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Senior Defensive Tackle Hebron Fangupo didn't start but did play a significant amount of snaps in the game. Fangupo was a 5-Star JUCO recruit who started at USC and then transferred to BYU and this is his first and final season with the Cougars. He broke his fibula while at USC as well, which will obviously need to be checked out, specifically with how much weight he carries on it. The guy is a huge. 6-1, 330+, the guy is stout and takes up space. I didn't see anything special from him in this game, but he was solid. Against the run, he was always good for the most part. He needs to improve his awareness as he seems to be playing just to where he is assigned, and not really reading the backfield. Holds his ground very well and I never saw him get pushed off the ball once in this game. Doesn't offer much as a pass rusher as his quickness off the line is average and he shows very little hand movement. I would like it if he came off the ball a little lower on passing downs as well. His snaps significantly reduced in the 2nd Half, so that was unfortunate. In the end, Fangupo is exactly what he looks like. He is a rock against the run, but offers very little for collapsing the pocket. Needs to learn to use his hands better as well because he is vulnerable to cut blocks. I'd put him as a 6th Rounder right now. Poor man's Cam Thomas right now. Could get a slight bump depending on play the rest of the season and workouts, but I can't see him climbing into the Top 100. Should be a solid back-up NT.
That is what I said about him back in September. He improved a bit as the season went on, but I would still struggle to take him in the Top 100, pre-combine.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see this guy as a fourth rounder type talent-wise but might sneak into the end of round one with the lack of NT types and the # of teams looking for one.

It's crazy, but a position created for a style of defense built around the idea of finding talent late in the draft is now being pushed up boards due to their demand now.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone is the next Sione Pouha or Domato Peko (is he still any good?) amongst all these giant DT Samoans...by all these I mean Ta'amu, this guy, and the other guy.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw a video of Fangupo and thought he was such a great character guy. I hope the Steelers take him late or have him in as an UDFA. He'd be another potential UDFA the Steelers got from BYU who stays in Pittsburgh for a while.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Domato Peko (is he still any good?)

Yes, he is still very good. The Bengal DL with Peko and Geno Atkins and Pat Sims was very good last year until Sims was hurt and the rotation changed. Peko is the run stuffer and Atkins is the inside rusher (6 sacks I believe). Actaully the Bengals whole DL which is now a strength on the team was built from the 2nd -4th rounds in several drafts.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I saw a video of Fangupo and thought he was such a great character guy. I hope the Steelers take him late or have him in as an UDFA. He'd be another potential UDFA the Steelers got from BYU who stays in Pittsburgh for a while.
There is no way this guy goes undrafted. He has a 4th round grade in my book but in my latest mock I have him going to you guys at the end of the third.

The lack of true NT is pushing them up draft boards these days.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-04-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he stays healthy I can see Fangupo as a rotation DL, maybe seeing time at NT in the 3-4 as well. I'd take him in the 7th

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
If he stays healthy I can see Fangupo as a rotation DL, maybe seeing time at NT in the 3-4 as well. I'd take him in the 7th
I think he could be a 2 down guy at NT, not exactly the worst thing in the world for a big NT.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-06-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been mocking him to the Cowboys in Round 5 in the Cowboys thread. Not sure if that is the right range for him, but I really like the player.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Been mocking him to the Cowboys in Round 5 in the Cowboys thread. Not sure if that is the right range for him, but I really like the player.
I'd take a shot on him anywhere from the 5th on, though it'd probably have to be late 5th. One of the bigger things that drops him for me, is that he's already 26. But he has the potential to be another one of the good later round pick NT's that there is so many of in this league.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like this nose tackle class. Ta'amu, Poe, and Chapman are all strong prospects who should go some time in the first two days. Fangupo is later round prospect, but is a very solid who can, at minimum, help against the run. I also like some of the late round or undrafted projects, like Damon Harrison, Ishmaa'ily Kitchen, and Nicolas Jean-Baptiste.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Fangupo might sneak in to the top 130
Quote:
Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, he seems to be rising up boards across the web with him seemingly being thought as the second best NT prospect by some now (after Poe). I've seen him in the top 100 in some places. I'm a fan but 4th round is where I'd feel comfortable with him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh...Of all the ranked projected nosetackles, Fangupo was the least productive outside of Chapman...and he was playing injured. Pass.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:16 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fangupo is my 4th ranked 3-4 NT, behind Poe, Ta'amu and Chapman. I have Fangupo going anywhere from the 4th-6th round depending how he checks out medically. Talented player with rare size and strength, has the chance to be a rotational dlinemen in a 3-4 scheme.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have Chapman ahead of him too but his injury will probably push him down boards to mid day three. I don't see Ta'amu as a 3-4 NT prospect. The only thing he's got going for him there is his size, he doesn't play like a NT at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
Meh...Of all the ranked projected nosetackles, Fangupo was the least productive outside of Chapman...and he was playing injured. Pass.
Poe finished the year with 34 tackles and 1 sack.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote