Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-23-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Zebrie Sanders is this Year's Biggest Sleeper

Last edited by diabsoule : 01-23-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know that was him.

How does that not effect his draft stock?
Old 01-23-2012, 03:23 AM    (permalink
akvikefan89
Veteran

akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaha I remember seeing this, but didn't know that was him.

Hilarious, thanks, rep'd.

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com
akvikefan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:43 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU's offensive line use to do this thing where if they thought the D-Line jumped offsides the center would snap the ball and the O-Line would just freeze. They would stay there and not move, I guess to make it obvious the the D-Line jumped offsides.

I always hated it because it leaves the QB open to getting killed and basically leaves no room for a free play.

Usually it happened in unison, obviously during this play it didn't and I don't know why Zebrie would stay there when he saw the rest of his lineman moving too. But thats why he was doing it.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First round pick. Seriously.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not a fan of Sanders at all. I follow FSU, sort of. Not a lot this year but a couple of years back I watched a lot and he was horrible, holding constantly and just always beat as a RT. He seemed to hold his own when moved over to LT for Datko this year, but I just wouldn't touch him. He came into FSU super highly touted, but I've never seen anything impressive from him for an entire game
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I didn't know that was him.

How does that not effect his draft stock?
Because he did precisely what he had been coached to do.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Because he did precisely what he had been coached to do.
Why would anyone coach a player to not move when a play is happening around him? This is the strangest thing I've ever seen on a football field.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have that then some of the Raider RT's we have played this past decade.

But seriously, I think he is a close to being a 1st, the Senior Bowl should help is stock a lot if he performs.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There used to be a Madden glitch like this. I figured EA paid him so they can say it's a feature and not a glitch.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
There used to be a Madden glitch like this. I figured EA paid him so they can say it's a feature and not a glitch.
Made me pee a little!!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
I'm not a fan of Sanders at all. I follow FSU, sort of. Not a lot this year but a couple of years back I watched a lot and he was horrible, holding constantly and just always beat as a RT. He seemed to hold his own when moved over to LT for Datko this year, but I just wouldn't touch him. He came into FSU super highly touted, but I've never seen anything impressive from him for an entire game
This! I am a hugeeeee FSU fan. Sanders is really overrated. He sure does look the part of a 1st round Left Tackle in the NFL but he is a terrible run blocker and out of all the offensive lineman he is constantly called for false starts and holding penalties. When I heard that Sanders and Datko(before injury) were considered possible first rounders I started shaking my head because they are more along the lines of 3rd rounders with the way they play. I understand the NFL is a potential league and Sanders does have that but I think someone is going to severely regret taking him in the first round.
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love his length and athleticism, he has a lot of potential - but I still think he has a ways to go before he reaches it. I thought he got beat too often as a right tackle at FSU and is a little bit soft for the NFL I think (though the league is getting to the point where it's better to be soft and athletic than physical and gritty).

I remember Ohio State not offering him despite being a big time recruit b/c of these things (plus we had Jim Bollman as OLine coach, and he was really terrible at picking guards and making them play tackle, and carrying WAY too few scholarship offensive lineman on the roster). That was the year we signed Mike Adams, Mike Brewster, and JB Shugarts. Our offensive line was very good the past two seasons, but boy it would've been a lot better if we offered Sanders. I still like Adams better - much bigger and stronger, can dominate defensive ends in the running game, more upside as a complete LT with great feet for his size - he just needs to refine his technique.

That said, in a league hungry for athletic OTs who can protect the franchise QBs, taking Sanders in the 20-30 range would make a ton of sense.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was lead to believe there would be a zebra in this thread.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I was lead to believe there would be a zebra in this thread.

As for zebrie, he clearly has the upside to be a starting tackle but there are obvious question marks in his game. He has impressive athleticism which could help his stock at the combine and pro day workouts but on tape he is inconsistent and doesnt play to his potential.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he could move up to late first and high as Lions first rounder. He has a bit weak up top but has ok feet, decent arm length. I woudn't touch him in the top 30 myself. He seems more like Tony Ugoh than some jackasses saying that Mike Adams is Tony Ugohesque.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man would it be fun to caress the breasts of Erin Andrews under the moonlit stars.

Give me Datko over Sanders, and neither before the 4th.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Why would anyone coach a player to not move when a play is happening around him? This is the strangest thing I've ever seen on a football field.
He felt someone jumped off sides. It's stupid, but coaches coach that.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zebrie Sanders used to be an offensive lineman, then he took an arrow to the knee.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DraftDaddy seems to believe that Zebrie Sanders carries a lower grade than currently believed:

Quote:
Florida State offensive tackle Zebrie Sanders puts in an extremely high effort but it is not always controlled. He can get overextended and lose balance, and spends too much time on the turf. Like McCants, he has above average foot speed and could be developed by the right positional coach to eventually start in the league. Sanders carries a mid round grade due to his raw technique.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im guessing he had a bet from a mate to just completely stand still when the ball was stopped. No one could be that stupid, I think...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

I would take him off my board completely, after seeing that.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Right position, wrong guy. Its Jeff Allen. Someone is going to get a 10 year starter.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
Right position, wrong guy. Its Jeff Allen. Someone is going to get a 10 year starter.
True story, Zebrie Sanders is #77 the guy in the video is #73.

Edit: Well actually I can hardly tell...

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not a fan of Sanders after watching him in college. But, I guess never know.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote