Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-27-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Mwkick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why would the Patriots do that? That's just stupid.
And every report I've read has said the Chargers won't give up turner for less than a first round pick....where's everyone see they'd take a 2nd?

As for Ginn, I like his highlights, but he's not the type of receiver who will go over the middle when you need to. Even at Steve Smith's height, he's willing to take a hit. Best deep threat ever??? He's fast, but come on man. That's overkill. I think the packers need someone who's not afraid of contact. I like Meachem. He's big, tough and quick.
For some reaason, I don't like Jarrett. USC has produced some great wideouts, but there's just something about him that makes me feel uneasy. Not sure if that's the right word, but you know.

I do think the pack need to address the return game...in a major way. That's the only reason I do like Ginn. I can't see him being around @ 24 (which I highly doubt the packers will have). And I'd be shocked to see Olson there as well.

I do like Brandon Jackson. But I think i'm in the minority on that one...

What do you guys think of Yamon Figurs as a second day draft pick????
Mwkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwkick View Post
And every report I've read has said the Chargers won't give up turner for less than a first round pick....where's everyone see they'd take a 2nd?
Probably the same place that you "hear" they'll only take a first........rumorville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I like Jackson, just not in this situation. Also like Figurs, reminds me of Jerome Mathis.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard the packers will trade all three of their seventh rounders to the raiders for the first overall pick. Who do you think we should take?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I heard the packers will trade all three of their seventh rounders to the raiders for the first overall pick.
It's definately a possibility, I would have them throw in Micheal Huff too.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're out of your ******* gourd if you think the Pats would make that trade. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

This is a fact, not rumorville:
Turner is one of the premiere restricted free agents available, although the Chargers tendered him at the first- and third-round compensation level.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is a fact, not rumorville:
Turner is one of the premiere restricted free agents available, although the Chargers tendered him at the first- and third-round compensation level.
Who cares what the tender is, that has nothing to do with what they'll actually trade him for. Teams use the highest tender to protect their players all the time and then make deals for less. It's basically just a bargaining chip that allows them to dictate the terms.

Quote:
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

I just wanted some hard proof. I understand that's used mostly as a value piece, but why would they deal there's a lot of teams that would part with their second for a guy like that. It's like saying the patriots would deal both firsts for the packers 16th. It's ludicrous......
Old 03-27-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I just wanted some hard proof. I understand that's used mostly as a value piece, but why would they deal there's a lot of teams that would part with their second for a guy like that. It's like saying the patriots would deal both firsts for the packers 16th. It's ludicrous......
that's why I said it's all just rumors...

Quote:
Old 03-27-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

GadoR'Savior needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You're out of your ******* gourd if you think the Pats would make that trade. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
Hey this is a hell of a lot better trade than what the Skins are doin with you guys! Not sayin they would they will cuz i think its not smart but who knows they have signed some big players and made a few trades maybe they think the player they will help them out more then the 2 late 1st round picks. And save money only havin to sign one 1st rd rather than 2! Who knows who cares.

Bear fans..... cant live with them, definitally can live without!!! I swear they are worse than Cub fans but no one is that bad! Cubs wont win get over it...idiots! haha sry they get me fired up.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadoR'Savior View Post
Hey this is a hell of a lot better trade than what the Skins are doin with you guys! Not sayin they would they will cuz i think its not smart but who knows they have signed some big players and made a few trades maybe they think the player they will help them out more then the 2 late 1st round picks. And save money only havin to sign one 1st rd rather than 2! Who knows who cares.
good lord dude, throw a few punctuation marks in there!

Quote:
Old 03-27-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
This isn't grammar class :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As for Ginn, I like his highlights, but he's not the type of receiver who will go over the middle when you need to. Even at Steve Smith's height, he's willing to take a hit. Best deep threat ever??? He's fast, but come on man. That's overkill. I think the packers need someone who's not afraid of contact. I like Meachem. He's big, tough and quick.
For some reaason, I don't like Jarrett. USC has produced some great wideouts, but there's just something about him that makes me feel uneasy. Not sure if that's the right word, but you know.

I do think the pack need to address the return game...in a major way. That's the only reason I do like Ginn. I can't see him being around @ 24 (which I highly doubt the packers will have). And I'd be shocked to see Olson there as well.

If the Chargers want a 1st rounder for Turner then they'll see him walk as a FA next year b/c nobody will ever pay that price.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bear fans..... cant live with them, definitally can live without!!! I swear they are worse than Cub fans but no one is that bad! Cubs wont win get over it...idiots! haha sry they get me fired up.
I'm not a Cubs fan. But regardless. This trade will NEVER EVER happen. As has been pointed out, there is a trade value chart, and this is so far off as to almost piss me off that anyone would be ignorant enough to even propose it.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

Quote:
Fine

Not saying they will because I think it's not a smart move for them, but who knows. They have signed some big players and made a few trades. Maybe they think the player they will get at 16 will help them out more then the 2 late 1st round picks.

Is that better, I think its at least b work which is all i ever go 4! haha
Old 03-27-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Fine

Not saying they will because I think it's not a smart move for them, but who knows. They have signed some big players and made a few trades. Maybe they think the player they will get at 16 will help them out more then the 2 late 1st round picks.

Good conventions and punctuation: B+

Old 03-27-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope we didnt scare that guy off. He made good arguements, I just disagreed.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
If he can't handle it we don't need him :)

Old 03-27-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Fine

lol great job

Quote:
Old 03-27-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm not a Cubs fan. But regardless. This trade will NEVER EVER happen. As has been pointed out, there is a trade value chart, and this is so far off as to almost piss me off that anyone would be ignorant enough to even propose it.
Well I applaud you 4 being smart enough not to be a cubs fan and you know what makes me angry? The fact that the Skins would be dumb enough to trade the bears there 6th pick for Biggs and the 31st! And whats funny is the Bears have to think about it...idiots do it and take Landry, hes a stud! Then cut Mike Brown for he will get upset and sign with the Packers......... yes it does happen ask Sharper, didnt get his money from us so he went to the Vikings so he could try to make us pay. Hasn't worked! haha
Old 03-27-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
LOL, oh I can take the heat, noway im getting out of the kitchen! Until Openin Day this is the only forum i use then I am always on http://www.Brewerfan.net (BrewCrewWS2008) real good site and good forum, if your a Brewer fan check it out.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Wow MLB has a draft, would have never noticed it w/ teams "ordering" players off from Japan. And hey a G TECH guy is the #1 prospect where have I seen somethin like that b4!

Old 03-27-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well I applaud you 4 being smart enough not to be a cubs fan and you know what makes me angry? The fact that the Skins would be dumb enough to trade the bears there 6th pick for Biggs and the 31st! And whats funny is the Bears have to think about it...idiots do it and take Landry, hes a stud! Then cut Mike Brown for he will get upset and sign with the Packers......... yes it does happen ask Sharper, didnt get his money from us so he went to the Vikings so he could try to make us pay. Hasn't worked! haha
the Skins haven't actually made the offer yet.....

Quote:
Old 03-27-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
the Skins haven't actually made the offer yet.....
Depends on who you ask. Simply going off direct quotes from people involved I think they have. Jerry Angelo recently said that he would take the Redskins offer under consideration. I would imagine that the GM of the Bears wouldn't have said that if there wasn't real offer on the table.