Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-27-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Depends on who you ask. Simply going off direct quotes from people involved I think they have. Jerry Angelo recently said that he would take the Redskins offer under consideration. I would imagine that the GM of the Bears wouldn't have said that if there wasn't real offer on the table.
yea I suppose, I just haven't seen anything that sets it in stone yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

GadoR'Savior needs more cowbell.

I just want Mike Brown.... Which the Bears are thinking about cutting right now and with Landry that would sure it up. If Packers where goin to get a free agent he should be the one. IMO i'll add. With his injuries he prob wont ask 4 that much and if he gets hurt it would be time to shine 4 Underwood. Worth the risk he is a playmaker when healthy
Old 03-27-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadoR'Savior View Post
I just want Mike Brown.... Which the Bears are thinking about cutting right now and with Landry that would sure it up. If Packers where goin to get a free agent he should be the one. IMO i'll add. With his injuries he prob wont ask 4 that much and if he gets hurt it would be time to shine 4 Underwood. Worth the risk he is a playmaker when healthy
And get rid of COllins?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
And get rid of COllins?
Ya, why would they do that? If they signed Mike Brown, they wouldn't draft a S.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

Wink

Quote:
And get rid of COllins?
Unless the Packers are goin to switch to the 4-4 defense i believe they can have 2 safties
Old 03-28-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

Mortenson said the Bears dont want the 6th pick and dont like how the skins got the media so involved....idiots and i love it! Bears keep Briggs one less guy we have to worry bout playin against, Bears dont trade up and get a star player at 6 like Landry or Branch more guys we dont have to worry bout! And KEEP lettin ur D-Line leave. WOW the Bears Gm dumber than McMillian??? Lets hope but i think its a smoke sceen, If you can move up 25 picks to get ride of a guy who wont play 4 u, y not take that??
Old 03-28-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not that this is the truth or anything but Joe Arrigo did post something maybe a week or 2 ago about the Patriots and Packers were discussing a trade. That was the 1st and last time a heard anything about it.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Mortenson said the Bears dont want the 6th pick and dont like how the skins got the media so involved....idiots and i love it! Bears keep Briggs one less guy we have to worry bout playin against, Bears dont trade up and get a star player at 6 like Landry or Branch more guys we dont have to worry bout! And KEEP lettin ur D-Line leave. WOW the Bears Gm dumber than McMillian??? Lets hope but i think its a smoke sceen, If you can move up 25 picks to get ride of a guy who wont play 4 u, y not take that??
There has to be something else to that trade. It seems almost to good to be true. Bearsfan51 if you see this: are bears fans for or against that trade??
Old 03-28-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
that was my thinking, but hey, maybe theres something we don't know and thats actually probably the reason why it might not happen or if it's all just rumor, you never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can critisize the bears management but when it comes to the draft they have done a fairly good job. Look at last year with Manning, Anderson, and Hester; they were big time contributors as rookies.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
MrQL

No way I would take Ted Ginn. Yea, he's fast BUT he's a track athlete. So was Michael Bennet and he hasn't done much. Bad hands and has been player WR too long. I don't think he'll be a complete bust but I don't see him being much more than a good return man. He's what 5'9" 170lbs too? Yikes. Just no.

Buy yea, I might do that trade with New England. I'd rather move down with SD though. We need a RB bad.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQL View Post
No way I would take Ted Ginn. Yea, he's fast BUT he's a track athlete. So was Michael Bennet and he hasn't done much. Bad hands and has been player WR too long. I don't think he'll be a complete bust but I don't see him being much more than a good return man. He's what 5'9" 170lbs too? Yikes. Just no.

Buy yea, I might do that trade with New England. I'd rather move down with SD though. We need a RB bad.
When you're comparing to players with speed it probably best not to compare running backs with wide receivers. RBs have to run through holes and make cuts and their speed isn't always to their advantage but with a WR like Ted Ginn his speed will keep CBs on their heels and they have to respect his ability to stretch the field.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQL View Post
He's what 5'9" 170lbs too? Yikes. Just no.
Ginn's about 6'0, 178-180 ish. and he's still learning the wideout position, he played DB in High school and was recruited as such. He's got too much potential to pass on if he falls to us. He will at the very least provide an amazing option on fly routes, and special teams.

My only worry would be his physicality, he'll be jammed off the line a lot more and a lot harder in the NFL, im not sure if he'll be able to beat the jam very well. He's not the prototype Over the middle possession guy, but we have 2 guys who can do that just fine right now. His hands are fine, every Wideout drops some balls, and if a guy like TO can drop 18-19 balls and remain on a team, Ginn wont be anything of a problem. His routes are a lot better than I thought they were, deep patterns are definitely his forte.

Last edited by FLORIDA PACKER : 03-28-2007 at 05:16 PM.
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This draft us stocked with people who ran 4.3
Josh Wilson
Yamon Figurs
Audrae Allison
One of these guys could be drafted later on(although Alliso might me a 2nd rounder) and play KR/PR

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
This draft us stocked with people who ran 4.3
Josh Wilson
Yamon Figurs
Audrae Allison
One of these guys could be drafted later on(although Alliso might me a 2nd rounder) and play KR/PR
Wilson and Allison are going to be Day 1 picks and I feel that the Packers may be enticed to bring in a guy like Allison in round 2 if they are unable to land Moss. People really don't know much about him b/c he played at a small scholl but in watching tape on him he has all the necessary tools to be a potential Pro-Bowl type player in this league.